|Carla Bruni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 23, 1967|
Carla Bruni is an Italian-French singer, songwriter, fashion model, and actor. She has worked with designers and fashion houses such as Christian Dior, Givenchy, Paco Rabanne, Sonia Rykiel, Christian Lacroix, Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano, Yves Saint-Laurent, Shiatzy Chen, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, and Versace. She married Nicolas Sarkozy, then president of France, in 2008. Bruni has also released many albums including Quelqu’un m’a dit, Comme si de rien n’était, No Promises, Little French Songs, and French Touch.
Carla Gilberta Bruni Tedeschi
Carla went to Château Mont-Choisi (boarding school) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
She then started studying art and architecture in Paris. However, at the age of 19, she left school to pursue a full-time career in modeling.
Singer, Songwriter, Model, Actor
- Father – Alberto Bruni Tedeschi (Industrialist and Classical Composer)
- Mother – Marisa Borini (Italian Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Valeria Bruni Tedeschi (Older Sister) (Actress and Movie Director), Virginio Bruni Tedeschi (Older Brother) (Died of HIV / AIDS), Consuelo Remmert (Half-Sister)
- Others – Virginio Bruni Tedeschi (b. Virginio Tedeschi) (Paternal Grandfather), Orsola Bruni (Paternal Grandmother), Carlo Dominico Enrico Borini (Maternal Grandfather), Renèe Louise Planche (Maternal Grandmother)
As a model, she has been signed with these agencies –
- ZZO Talents – Paris
- Storm Models – London
- D’Management Group – Milan
Folk, chanson, blues, country
Naïve Records, Universal Music
Her net worth had been $12 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carla Bruni has dated –
- Prince Dimitri Karageorgevich (1990) – She had an affair with Prince Dimitri Karageorgevich, a gemologist and a member of the Royal House of Yugoslavia, in 1990.
- Louis Bertignac (1984) – She was romantically involved with French guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter Louis Bertignac in 1984.
- Eric Clapton (1989-1991) – In 1989, she started going out with English guitarist, singer, and songwriter Eric Clapton but the romance eventually ended in 1991.
- Mick Jagger (1991-1994) – Between 1991 and October 1994, Carla and Mick Jagger were reportedly an item. Mick Jagger is widely recognized as the lead vocalist and one of the founder members of the Rolling Stones.
- Donald Trump (1991) – It is RUMORed that she had a fling with Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States, in 1991.
- Vincent Perez (1992-1995) – From 1992 to 1995, she allegedly dated Vincent Perez, a Swiss actor, director, and photographer.
- Arno Klarsfeld (1995-1997) – French attorney Arno Klarsfeld was involved with Bruni between 1995 and 1997.
- Giovanni Malagò (1996) – She had a short-termed romance with Italian businessman and sports manager Giovanni Malagò in 1996.
- Kevin Costner (1996) – In 1996, Carla was rumored to be dating actor Kevin Costner.
- Jenny Hiloudaki (1997) – She hooked up with Greek model Jenny Hiloudaki in 1997.
- Jean-Paul Enthoven (1999-2000) – Algerian-born, French editor and journalist, Jean-Paul Enthoven and Carla were romantically linked to each other for a couple of months from 1999 to 2000. He is about 19 years her senior. The romance ended after she fell in love with his son Raphaël Enthoven.
- Charles Berling (1999) – French actor Charles Berling and Carla dated in 1999.
- Laurent Fabius (2000) – French Socialist politician and ex-Prime Minister of France, Laurent Fabius and Carla dated each other briefly in 2000. Again, they have an age difference of about 21 years (Laurent being the older one).
- Raphaël Enthoven (2000-2007) – French philosopher, Raphaël Enthoven and Carla began dating in 2000. At that time, he was already married to another French writer, Justine Lévy. They soon started seeing each other regularly. In July 2001, Carla gave birth to the couple’s first child, Aurélien Enthoven. After dating for 7 years, the couple called it quits in May 2007.
- Guillaume Canet (2006) – French actor, film director and screenwriter, Guillaume Canet and Carla had a fling in 2006.
- Nicolas Sarkozy (2007-Present) – French politician and ex-President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla met for the first time in November 2007 at a dinner party. They started liking each other. On February 2, 2008, the couple tied the knot at the Élysée Palace in Paris. This was actually Nicolas’ third marriage, but Carla’s first. On October 19, 2011, in the Clinique de la Muette, Paris, Carla gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Giulia. She also has a stepson named, Jean Sarkozy.
- Benjamin Biolay (2010) – In 2010, she was RUMORed to be dating French singer, Benjamin Biolay.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian, French, and German ancestry on her mom’s side.
Multi-talented personality – She is a successful model and singer.
36-24-35 in or 91.5-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
As a model, she advertised for lot many brands and designers like Alessandro Dell’Acqua, Anna Molinari, Antonio Fusco, Blumarine, BNP Paribas, Caractère, Cesare Paciotti, Chanel cosmetics, Chaumet, Chopard, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Dolce & Gabbana, Enrico Coveri, Escada Couture, Gilmar, Giorgio Grati, Givenchy, Givenchy ‘Ysatis’ fragrance, Guess? Jeans, Guhl, Igedo Dusseldorf, Iceberg, Kodak, L’Oréal, La Perla, Lancia, Lancel, Lavazza, Max Mara, Mexx, Mondi, Morgan, Prada, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sara Sturgeon, Sergio Rossi, Silhouette, Suzuki, Tommy Hilfiger Bags, Versace, Warner Fine Lingerie, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Her modeling and singing careers and for marrying French ex-president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
First Fashion Show
Carla debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1989 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Valentino.
Carla’s first album was Quelqu’un m’a dit released on April 8, 2003 via Naïve Records. It charted at #1 in French and Belgian music charts.
It was certified as ‘Platinum’ in Belgium and Canada. The album consisted of 12 songs and received fairly good reviews.
She debuted with the 1994 film Prêt-à-Porter (released in the US as Ready to Wear) as herself. Her role was uncredited.
Next in 1998, she appeared in the French comedy film Paparazzi as herself.
Carla and her politician husband Nicolas have taken help from the personal trainer, Julie Imperiali. Carla was already working with Julie for a couple of years.
Nicolas Sarkozy became the first French president to have a personal trainer.
You can read more about their workout at Independent.
Regarding her diet, she eats whatever she wants. But, she never overindulges in whatever she eats. Good food and beer attract her. Portion control is the key.
Carla Bruni Favorite Things
- Smell – Morning coffee
- Word – Sleep
- Book – The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes
Source – The Guardian
Carla Bruni Facts
- Carla is an Italian-French beauty who first started into modeling and then shifted her interest to singing.
- In 2008, Carla stated that Brazilian grocery magnate Maurizio Remmert is her father. But, Maurizio isn’t her biological dad. But, Maurizio dated her mom, Marisa Borini for about 6 years.
- Italian tire manufacturing company CEAT (which was sold to the Indian company in the 1970s) was also started by Carla’s ancestors. So, she was an heiress to this business.
- At the age of 7 (in 1975), she relocated with her family to France.
- She has dual citizenship in Italy and France.
- Carla was previously the First Lady of France.
- In 2003, she was honored with the Knight of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres award in France.
- As a model, she was seen in the 1995 Lavazza Calendar.
- Her brother’s girlfriend suggested she become a model and as a result, she signed with City Models at 19 years of age.
- She once said that she easily gets bored with “monogamy.”
- Carla was born at 6:10 pm CET.
- Smoking is her guiltiest pleasure.