Carla Gilberta Bruni Tedeschi
Carla went to Château Mont-Choisi (boarding school) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
She then started studying art and architecture at Paris. But, at the age of 19, she left school to pursue a full time career in modeling.
Singer-songwriter, model, actress
- Father – Alberto Bruni Tedeschi (Industrialist and Classical Composer)
- Mother – Marisa Borini (Italian Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Valeria Bruni Tedeschi (Older Sister) (Actress and Movie Director), Virginio Bruni Tedeschi (Older Brother) (Died of HIV / AIDS), Consuelo Remmert (Half-Sister)
- Others – Virginio Bruni Tedeschi (Grandfather)
As a model, she is signed with these agencies –
- ZZO Talents – Paris
- Storm Models – London
- D’Management Group – Milan
Folk, chanson, blues, country
Naïve Records, Universal Music
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carla Bruni dated –
- Kevin Costner (1996) – In 1996, Carla was rumored to be dating actor Kevin Costner.
- Jean-Paul Enthoven (1999-2000) – Algerian born, French editor and journalist, Jean-Paul Enthoven and Carla were romantically linked to each other for couple of months from 1999 to 2000. He is about 19 years her senior. The romance ended after she fell in love with his son Raphaël Enthoven.
- Laurent Fabius (2000) – French Socialist politician and ex-Prime Minister of France, Laurent Fabius and Carla dated each other briefly in 2000. Again, there is about 21 years of age difference (Laurent being older).
- Raphaël Enthoven (2000-2007) – French philosopher, Raphaël Enthoven and Carla began dating in 2000. At that time, he was already married to another French writer, Justine Lévy. They soon started seeing each other regularly. In July 2001, Carla gave birth to couple’s first child, Aurélien Enthoven. After dating for 7 years, the couple called it quits in May 2007.
- Guillaume Canet (2006) – French actor, film director and screenwriter, Guillaume Canet and Carla had fling in 2006.
- Nicolas Sarkozy (2007-Present) – French politician and ex-President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla met for the first time in November 2007 at a dinner party. They started liking each other. On February 2, 2008, the couple tied knots at the Élysée Palace in Paris. This was actually Nicolas’ third marriage, but Carla’s first. On October 19, 2011 in the Clinique de la Muette, Paris, Carla gave birth to couple’s first child, daughter Giulia. She also has a stepson named, Jean Sarkozy.
- Benjamin Biolay (2010) – In 2010, she was RUMORed to be dating French singer, Benjamin Biolay.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian and French ancestry on her mom’s side.
Multi-talented personality – She is a successful model and singer.
36-24-35 in or 91.5-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 38 (EU) or 4 (UK)
As a model, she advertised for lot many brands and designers like Alessandro Dell’Acqua, Anna Molinari, Antonio Fusco, Blumarine, BNP Paribas, Caractère, Cesare Paciotti, Chanel cosmetics, Chaumet, Chopard, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Dolce & Gabbana, Enrico Coveri, Escada Couture, Gilmar, Giorgio Grati, Givenchy, Givenchy ‘Ysatis’ fragrance, Guess? Jeans, Guhl, Igedo Dusseldorf, Iceberg, Kodak, L’Oréal, La Perla, Lancia, Lancel, Lavazza, Max Mara, Mexx, Mondi, Morgan, Prada, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sara Sturgeon, Sergio Rossi, Silhouette, Suzuki, Tommy Hilfiger Bags, Versace, Warner Fine Lingerie, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Her modeling and singing careers and for marrying French ex-president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
First Fashion Show
Carla debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1989 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Valentino.
Carla’s first album was Quelqu’un m’a dit released on April 8, 2003 via Naïve Records. It charted at #1 in French and Belgian music charts.
It was certified as ‘Platinum’ in Belgium and Canada. The album consisted of 12 songs and received fairly good reviews.
She debuted with 1994 film Prêt-à-Porter (released in US as Ready to Wear) as herself. Her role was uncredited.
Next in 1998, she appeared in French comedy film Paparazzi as herself.
First TV Show
She has not appeared in a television show yet.
Carla and her politician husband Nicolas has taken help from personal trainer, Julie Imperiali. Carla was already working with Julie from couple of years.
Nicolas Sarkozy became the first French president to have a personal trainer.
You can read more about their workout at Independent.
Regarding her diet, she eats whatever she wants. But, she never overindulges in whatever she eats. Good food and beer attracts her. Portion control is the key.
Carla Bruni Favorite Things
- Smell – Morning coffee
- Word – Sleep
- Book – The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes
Source – The Guardian
Carla Bruni Facts
- Carla is an Italian-French beauty who first started into modeling and then shifted her interest to singing.
- In 2008, Carla stated that Brazilian grocery magnate Maurizio Remmert is her father. But, Maurizio isn’t her biological dad. But, Maurizio dated her mom, Marisa Borini for about 6 years.
- Italian tire manufacturing company CEAT (which was sold to Indian company in 1970s) was also started by Carla’s ancestors. So, she was a heiress to this business.
- At the age of 7 (in 1975), she relocated with her family to France.
- She has a dual citizenship of Italy and France.
- Carla was previously the First Lady of France.
- In 2003, she was honored with Knight of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres award in France.
- As a model, she was seen in 1995 Lavazza Calendar.
- Her brother’s girlfriend suggested her to become a model and as a result, she signed with City Models at 19 years of age.
- She once said that she easily gets bored with “monogamy.”
- Carla was born at 6:10 pm CET.
- Smoking is her guiltiest pleasure.
- Visit her official website @ www.carlabruni.com.
- Connect with Carla on Twitter and Facebook.