|DJ Kygo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1991|
DJ Kygo is a Norwegian DJ, songwriter, record producer, musician, and pianist who gained popularity with his December 2013 remix of the track I See Fire by Ed Sheeran and his December 2014 single Firestone ft. Conrad Sewell. Over the years, he has released many various tracks, albums, and extended plays which include It Ain’t Me (with Selena Gomez), Cloud Nine, Golden Hour, Stargazing, Kids in Love, Stole the Show (ft. Parson James), ID, Coming Over (with Dillon Francis ft. James Hersey), Here for You (ft. Ella Henderson), First Time (with Ellie Goulding), Remind Me to Forget (ft. Miguel), Born to Be Yours (with Imagine Dragons), Kids in Love (ft. The Night Game), What’s Love Got to Do with It (with Tina Turner), Like It Is (with Zara Larsson and Tyga), Kem kan eg ringe (ft. Store P and Lars Vaular), Think About You (ft. Valerie Broussard), and Higher Love (with Whitney Houston). Moreover, at the 2016 Rio Olympics, he became the first house music producer to perform at an Olympics closing ceremony on August 21, 2016. Billboard placed Kygo on the 3rd spot on its 2018 ranking of dance musicians titled Billboard Dance 100 in March 2018 and he was ranked #32 on DJ Mag’s list of top 100 DJs of the world in 2018 while he ranked #42 in October 2019.
Kygo went to Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh in order to earn a degree in business and finance. But, he dropped out to focus on his music career.
DJ, Record Producer, Songwriter, Musician, Pianist
- Father – Lars Gørvell-Dahll (Maritime Industry Worker)
- Mother – Kjersti Gjerde (Dentist)
- Siblings – Mads Bjordal (Older Step-Brother), Johanne Gørvell-Dahll (Older Sister), Jenny Gørvell-Dahll (Older Sister), Sondre Gjerde Bjordal (Younger Half-Brother)
Kygo has been represented by Myles Shear of Golden Hare Group.
Deep house, tropical house, downtempo, electronica
Digital audio workstation, piano, keyboard
Sony Music, Interscope Records, Ultra Music, RCA Records
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm (Approx)
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kygo has dated –
- Bergenser Maren Platou – They started dating well before he became one of the most sought-after DJs. Whenever her studies permitted, she liked to accompany her boyfriend on the tours. However, the couple eventually parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Kygo has Norwegian ancestry.
- Alabaster skin tone
- Broad nose
Kygo has appeared in a TV commercial for Apple Music.
Best Known For
- His remix version of Ed Sheeran’s song, I See Fire
- The tremendous success of his single, Firestone, which went on to accumulate more than 407 million views on YouTube
Kygo released his debut studio album Cloud Nine in May 2016 via Sony Music. It reached #1 on Swiss and Norwegian music charts.
First TV Show
In 2015, Kygo guest appeared in the talk show Skavlan as a musical guest.
Kygo Favorite Things
- Ice Cream Flavor – Chocolate
- Inspirational Figures – Avicii, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso
- Dead Artists, He Would Like To Work With – Bob Marley, Michael Jackson
- Living Artists, He Would Like To Work With – Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, The Weeknd
- Football Team – Manchester United
Source – At40.com, Wikipedia
- He started taking piano classes at the age of 6 and took these classes for 10 years before he quit them.
- He got the stage name idea “Kygo” from the username of “It’s learning”, which is a digital learning platform used in high schools.
- He started his music career by uploading his remixes on SoundCloud.
- His manager Myles Shear found him while scouting for the music online.
- At the 2016 Rio Olympics, he created history by becoming the first house music artist to have performed during the closing ceremony of the Olympics.
- He has launched his own clothing and lifestyle brands by the name of “Kygo Vibe” and “Kygo Life”.
- Kygo has also his own line of headphones that have been branded by his name.
- In 2016, Kygo promised to give US$50,000 to Frank Mugisha who is a Ugandan LGBT advocate.
- On May 29, 2020, he released his 3rd studio album Golden Hour and it was certified ‘Platinum’ by Canada (Music Canada) while the United States (RIAA) certified it ‘Gold’.