|Miguel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1985|
American singer Miguel has achieved laurels for his versatile singing and for incorporating various genres like R&B, funk, hip-hop, rock, and electronic. His music style is often compared to Prince and Babyface.
Miguel Jontel Pimentel
San Pedro, Los Angeles, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Father – worked as a teacher
- Siblings – Nicholas (Brother) (Musician)
In 2014, Miguel signed a representation deal with Troy Carter’s Atom Factory.
R&B, PBR&B, Hip-Hop, Rock, Electronic, Funk
ByStorm, Jive, RCA Records, Black Ice Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Miguel has dated –
- Nazanin Mandi (2005-Present) – Actress Nazanin Mandi met Miguel in 2005. The couple instantly hit it off and began a romantic relationship. Miguel finally proposed to his ladylove in January 2016. The power couple is often seen making red carpet appearances.
Race / Ethnicity
Miguel has African-American ancestry on his mother’s side and Mexican-American ancestry on his father’s side.
- He is usually seen sporting a stubble.
Miguel has starred in the Major League Soccer commercial.
Best Known For
- Making a mark in the music industry as a spiritual R&B star with versatile music styles
- Winning the 2013 Grammy Award in the Best R&B Song category for the hit single, Adorn, from his studio album, Kaleidoscope
Miguel released his debut studio album All I Want Is You on November 30, 2010, via Jive Records and ByStorm Entertainment. The album consisted of 4 singles with a total play time of 42 minutes and 47 seconds.
He made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama film, Live by Night, in 2016.
First TV Show
Miguel made his television show debut as himself on the show, RnB Live Hollywood presents, in 2010.
Miguel said in one of his interviews that despite his hectic schedule, he manages to be consistent on his workouts. He does cardio and runs on the treadmill for 8-10 miles an hour. He also believes in exercising his mind in the form of meditation and focuses on his breathing.
As for his diet, Miguel includes fruits in his diet.
Miguel Favorite Things
- Bands – Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Queen
- Grooming Products – Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Salt Water spray by Bumble & Bumble
Source – The Guardian, GQ
- Miguel has revealed that he was a preacher until he was 16 or 17 because of his upbringing and the influence brought in by his mother.
- He has had a religious upbringing and visited church 3 days a week.
- He has confessed that he tried drugs and dated women after his father’s advice.
- He is the most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.
- His parents separated when he was 8 years old.
- Miguel has revealed that his initial passion was to pursue dancing.
- Visit his official website @ officialmiguel.com.
- Follow Miguel on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-ND 2.0