|Conrad Sewell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 31, 1988|
Conrad Sewell is an Australian singer and songwriter who has released several tracks, extended plays, and albums like Hold Me Up, Ghosts & Heartaches, All I Know, Healing Hands, Life, Taste the Feeling (with Avicii), Start Again, Big World, and Love Me Anyway.
Conrad Ignatius Mario Maximilian Sewell
Conrad Sewell, Connie C
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Conrad completed his graduation from St. Laurence’s College, Brisbane, Australia.
- Father – He has worked in the music industry.
- Mother – Michelle Gwyneth (Brewer) (Worked in a jazz band)
- Siblings – Oliver Sewell (Older Brother), Grace Sewell (Younger Sister) (Singer)
- Others – David Graham Brewer (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Jean (Maternal Grandmother)
Conrad Sewell has been managed by The Harbour Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Conrad Sewell has dated –
- Alli Simpson (2015–2018) – Musician Alli Simpson met Conrad at the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association) awards in 2015. They had another encounter in April that year at the popular arts and euphony festival. The two then connected and commenced dating shortly after. Later, they declared their love on social media with Alli posting a picture of them together on her Instagram story. This relationship ended in 2018 after they spent 3 years together.
Race / Ethnicity
From his maternal side, Conrad’s grandfather immigrated from Wales.
Long blonde hair
Conrad and Avicii came together for an international marketing campaign for Coca-Cola in February 2016. It was called ‘Taste the Feeling’ which was sung by Conrad and produced by Avicii.
Best Known For
Singing the song “Start Again” which was released in March 2015 and for performing the song “Firestone” along with Kygo.
As a Singer
Conrad released his first EP in November 2015 named All I Know.
He has also released various singles such as ‘Start Again’ and ‘Who You Lovin’ in 2015 which went Platinum and Gold respectively in Australia.
His rock band, Sons of Midnight (now broken), released the song ‘The Fire’ which was a hit in Europe.
First TV Show
Sewell was a contestant on the Australian Idol in 2004. However, he couldn’t make it past the theater round.
Conrad Sewell Favorite Things
- Genre – Soul, and Hip-Hop
- Artist – Michael Jackson, Sam Cooke, Kanye West
- Accessories – Saint Laurent boots and Leather jacket
- Lyrics – ‘Raised up right Lost my faith, but I still pray at night’ from the song 21 Questions.
- Movie – Clueless (1995), Forrest Gump (1994)
- Food – Quarter Pounder Meal or Big Mac with Mayonnaise
- Karaoke Song – Don’t Stop Believing by Journey
- Spirit Animal – Lion
Source – EnStarz, Nylon, Press Play OK, Sweety High
Conrad Sewell Facts
- His grandparents were from the music industry and went on tour with popular bands like the Bee Gees and the Gibb Brothers.
- He is friends with Ed Sheeran, James Blunt, and Kylie Minogue.
- Before bagging a record deal, Conrad found it difficult to make ends meet when he shifted to LA. He used to sleep on his friend’s couches and write songs.
- He shifted his base to Los Angeles at 18, since he found it difficult to penetrate the Australian music industry.
- He started a band with his former classmates in 2007 called Sons of Midnight. They even got signed by Universal Germany.
- He has a habit of s*cking his thumb.
- He has a phobia of backseat driving and feels he’ll meet with an accident every single time.
- His sister Grace and himself were in the top 5 on the ARIA singles’ chart. It was the first time that the two siblings had their songs together even after different record labels released them.
- He is fond of watching romantic movies.
- On May 17, 2019, he released his debut studio album, Life, which included songs like Healing Hands, Testify, Light in the Dark, Belong, How to Love a Ghost, Neighbourhood, Changing, and Turn of the Knife. It peaked at number #1 on the Australian Albums (ARIA) weekly chart.
- Describing Life, he said, “This album pretty much sums up my life to date. A lot of the album was inspired by my battles with addiction, regrets I have as a result of those battles, and the people I’ve hurt along the way. These were hard truths that I’ve had to come to terms with.” He added “Although the underlying message in most of the songs is one of redemption and hope that people can change… I suppose that’s what the journey of life is all about. I wanted to make a classic timeless album with songs that will hopefully be played 50 years from now. No bells and whistles, just my truth and my voice singing with every ounce of pain and love that I have.”
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0