Kylie Ann Minogue
Kylie, The Princess of Pop
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
South Coogee, New South Wales, Australia
Chelsea, London, England
With her younger sister Dannii, Kylie went to Canterbury Primary School and then completed her schooling from Camberwell High School, Melbourne, Australia.
Singer, songwriter, actress, record and film producer, fashion designer, showgirl, author and entrepreneur
- Father – Ronald Charles (Accountant)
- Mother – Carol Ann (nee Jones) (Former dancer from Maesteg, Wales)
- Siblings – Brendan (Younger Brother, news cameraman in Australia), Dannii Minogue (Younger Sister, pop singer and television host)
- Others – Denis Jones (Maternal Grandfather), Millie Jones (Maternal Grandmother)
Kylie is signed with agencies –
- Roc Nation (USA)
- Parlophone (UK)
- In Demand Talent Spirit Artists
Her manager is Terry Blamey
Pop, pop rock, dance-pop, synthpop, electronic, and nu-disco
PWL, Deconstruction, BMG, Parlophone, EMI, Mushroom, Festival Mushroom, Warner Music Australia, Capitol Records, Astralwerks, Warner Bros., Geffen
5 ft or 152 cm
46 kg or 102 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kylie Minogue dated –
- Jason Donovan (1984-1989) – Kylie started dating her Neighbours (soap opera) co-star, Jason Donovan in 1984. They got along for around five years and separated in 1989.
- Michael Hutchence (1989-1991) – After that, Kylie started dating the lead singer of INXS (Australian rock band), Michael Hutchence in 1989. But the duo parted their ways in 1991. Though, they remained close friends until Hutchence’s death in 1997.
- Lenny Kravitz (1991) – After splitting with Michael Hutchence, Kylie had a short-lived affair with Lenny Kravitz (American rock singer-songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist and an actor) during the year 1991.
- Zane O’Donnell (1993) – Later on, in 1993, Kylie had a fling with South African businessman Zane O’Donnell.
- Prince Albert (1993) – Kylie first met “Prince Albert of Monaco” when she was invited by him as a personal guest at “World Music Award” in Monte Carlo in 1991. They again met in 1992 during the same event. But, in 1993 she had a fling with him.
- Evan Dando (1994) – Kylie then had a brief affair with American singer and musician Evan Dando in 1994.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme (1994) – In the 1994 action film Street Fighter, Kylie co-starred with actor Jean-Claude Van Damme. The two of them started seeing each other in May 1994 and soon after few months in August 1994, they parted ways.
- Nick Cave (1995-1996) – Though, Kylie and Nick Cave (Australian musician, songwriter, composer, author, screenwriter, and occasional film actor) were RUMORed about being in a relationship during 1995 to 1996, yet the two of them never admitted that.
- Stephane Sednaoui (1997-1998) – After that rumored relationship having ended, Kylie started dating the French photographer Stephane Sednaoui in 1997. Later in 1998, the duo got separated.
- Pauly Shore (1997) – She, then dated Pauly Shore (Comedian, actor) for about six months in 1997. The pair was cast together in Biodome (American comedy film, 1996). Pauly later stated in an interview that after Kylie, he has not been able to find a girlfriend like her.
- Tim Jeffries (1998) – Kylie then went on dating the Britain’s multi-millionaire heir, Tim Jeffries in 1998, and that was too for a shorter while.
- James Gooding (1998-2001) – She then turned to British model James Gooding, having started dating in 1998. The couple had a three-year-long relationship. Going around all those years, they ended their troubled relationship in 2001.
- Michael Di Nuzzo (November 1998-May 1999) – Kylie and Michael worked in the cult film Sample People, which was Michael’s debut film. During that time, they were reportedly having 6 months affair while Kylie was in a relationship with James Gooding.
- Rupert Penry-Jones (1999) – Kylie and Rupert Penry-Jones (British actor) starred together in Shakespeare’s The Tempest in Barbados in 1999. The duo had a nine-month-long affair at that time.
- Jay Kay (2003) – In 2003, Kylie had a fling with Jay Kay, the lead singer of British funk band “Jamiroquai.”
- Olivier Martinez (July 2003-February 2007) – Kylie met Olivier Martinez (French actor) during the Grammy awards ceremony in 2000. But, they commenced dating each other in July 2003. They were together when Kylie was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005. The couple separated in 2007 amid the rumors of Martinez dating someone else.
- David Tennant (2007) – This was Kylie’s another rumored relationship that was talked about. Kylie and David Tennant’s (Scottish actor) dating was an encounter in late 2007 while filming for the BBC production Doctor Who (British science-fiction television program) episode “Voyage of the Damned.”
- Andres Velencoso Segura (October 2008-October 2013) – Kylie’s this relationship with Andres Segura (Spanish Model) could be counted as a serious and longer one, unlike her previous ones. She started dating Andres Segura in late 2008. Segura was even spotted with a tattoo bearing Kylie’s name. The couple got engaged in May 2009 but in late 2013, they ended their relationship.
- Mathew Horne (2009) – In 2009, she was RUMORed to have had a fling with British actor, Mathew Horne.
- Chris Martin (2015) – In June 2015, Kylie was RUMORed to have had a fling with Coldplay singer, Chris Martin. They were spotted walking arm-in-arm late night near Buckingham Palace.
- Joshua Sasse (2015-2017) – In 2015, Kylie started dating British actor, Joshua Sasse. She publicly confirmed her relationship in November 2015. In February 2016, their engagement news started surfacing on the Internet. But, by February 2017, it was all over and they had called off their engagement.
- Prince Andrew (2017) – A member of the British Royal family, Prince Andrew quietly dated Minogue for some time in 2017. The news about their dating had started coming in April 2017.
- Paul Solomons (2018-Present) – In July 2018, Kylie confirmed about her relationship with Paul Solomons who was the creative director at British GQ and GQ Style magazine at the time. She shared an Instagram picture of the two kissing on the rooftop of a building at New York.
Race / Ethnicity
She bears Irish ancestry from her father and welsh ancestry through her mother.
- Hourglass shaped body
- Her costumes and appearance
34-23-35 in or 87-58.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
TV Commercials – Coca-Cola (1990), Pepsi Cola (2000), Eurostar (2001), her own fragrance “Showtime”(2008) and Lexus cars, UK (2011).
Print Ads – H&M Lingerie (1998), Ford Street Ka (2002), Tour diamonds (2008).
A born catholic, Kylie is very spiritual in terms of her beliefs. She follows the teachings and theories of Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism too.
Best Known For
Her albums, Kylie (debut album, 1988), Fever (2001), Enjoy Yourself (1989), Rhythm of Love (1990), and Put Yourself in My Place (1994).
Some of her singles gained much attention including, “The Loco-Motion,” “Especially for You,” “Better the Devil You Know,” Can’t Get You Out of My Head,” “Confide in Me,” “Spinning Around,” “Slow,” “2 Hearts,” “All The Lovers” and many more.
The Loco-motion released in 1987.
It peaked at #1 in many countries including Australia, Canada, and Ireland. It was certified as 3x Platinum in Australia.
First Music Album
Kylie Minogue made her debut with the album Kylie released on July 4, 1988 via PWL. She was able to sell 6 million copies of the album worldwide with 2.1 million copies just in the UK. The album contained 10 tracks giving it a total length of over 35 minutes.
The album ranked at #1 in UK and New Zealand, #2 in Australia, #8 in Germany and likewise.
It was certified as 6x Platinum in Australia.
She made her debut with the movie The Delinquents (1989) for her role as Lola Lovell.
First TV Show
Since her childhood, she had appeared in small roles in soap operas like The Sullivans and Skyways. She then appeared in a lead role in the soap opera Neighbours from 1986 to 1988.
Kylie gave her first television singing performance on the show Young Talent Time (a weekly musical program) in 1985.
She believes in an active lifestyle, which caters as the main factor for her staying in balance. She takes her diet very cautiously and has low glycemic foods. For her hourglass-shaped body, she does Pilates and other varied exercises. Her workout session extends from 30 to 60 minutes.
Kylie Minogue Favorite Things
- Color – Depends on the day and mood
- Drink – Coffee
- Number – Doesn’t have any
- Singles (from Dannii’s albums) – Put the Needle on It, I Begin to Wonder, This Is It
- Books – Immortality, by Milan Kundera
- Song – A Sunday Kind Of Love by Etta James
Kylie Minogue Facts
- She grew up in Surrey Hills, Melbourne.
- In 1988, she became the first person who won four “Logie Awards” in one event.
- She was voted the 15th greatest pop culture icon of all time in a UK poll.
- Kylie was voted as the best-dressed female in 2001 by the readers of Heat magazine (UK).
- Minogue got the honor of being appointed as a “Chevalier” (knight) of the “Ordre des Arts et des Lettres” by the French Government, the junior grade of France’s highest cultural honor, for her contribution to the enrichment of French culture.
- In 2002, she received the “Showbusiness Personality of the Year Award” at The Variety Club of Great Britain.
- She has been nominated six times for “Best International Female” at The Brit Awards in 1989, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2005. She won the award in 2002.
- She was also nominated for Best International Female and Best Musical Website (for www.kylie.com) at the French 2004 NRJ Awards in Cannes, France.
- Kylie has performed at 2000 summer Olympic games.
- In 2001, she was placed at #1 place in the “Sexiest Celebrity in the World” list by UK’s Heat Magazine.
- She attended the Royal Premiere of Moulin Rouge (2001) along with ‘Prince Charles’, Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor.
- Kylie was awarded the “Prestigious Woman Of the Year Award” at the 2002 Elle Style Awards.
- In 2003, she launched her own lingerie range called Love Kylie.
- For her work in raising awareness for breast cancer, she was awarded an honorary Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.) degree by Anglia Ruskin University in the United Kingdom.
- At the age of 36, Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer on May 17, 2005, and went through surgery on May 21, 2005, and then chemotherapy was done soon after that. After her diagnosis of breast cancer, the then Australian Prime Minister John Howard issued a statement in her support.
- She won “Grammy” (Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording) in 2004 for her song “Come into My World.”
- Kylie launched her first fragrance Darling in November 2006 and afterward, she has released 10 fragrances of her own until December 2014.
- Kylie’s bronze statue was unveiled in November 2007 at Waterfront City, Melbourne Docklands.
- Minogue has released her own collection of clothing on her website.
- In 2012, her own video game Kylie Sing and Dance was released.
- Kylie along with her sister Dannii Minogue broke the record as the most successful sisters’ duo ever on the British charts.
- Kylie was ranked at 14th place among “The World’s 100 Sexiest Females” list by “FHM” magazine in Europe in the past.
- She had been listed as “The Second Greatest Female Artist Of All Time” by music channel VH1.
- Visit her official website @ www.kylie.com.
- Hear more from Kylie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Last.fm, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, and iTunes.