|Nick Cave Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1957|
Nick Cave is an Australian singer, songwriter, author, screenwriter, music composer, and actor who is best known as the frontman of the Australian rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. His extensive body of work has been the subject of academic study and he was named an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2017.
Nicholas Edward Cave
Warracknabeal, Victoria, Australia
Brighton, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Nick, at the age of 13, was expelled from the Wangaratta High School, a secondary education institution in Wangaratta, Victoria. He had then become a boarder and later a day student at the Caulfield Grammar School, an independent, Anglican, international baccalaureate school in Melbourne.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the Caulfield Institute of Technology in 1976 to study painting. He had dropped out in 1977 to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Author, Screenwriter, Music Composer, Actor
- Father – Colin Frank Cave (English and Mathematics Teacher) (Deceased)
- Mother – Dawn Cave (née Treadwell) (Librarian)
- Siblings – Peter Cave (Older Brother), Tim Cave (Older Brother), Julie Cave (Younger Sister)
Post-Punk, Alternative Rock, Gothic Rock, Art Rock, Experimental Rock, Garage Rock
Vocals, Piano, Organ, Keyboard, Drum, Percussion, Electric Guitar, Saxophone
- Bad Seed Ltd
- Ghosteen Ltd
- Mute Records
- Mushroom Records
- Missing Link Records
- Virgin Records
- Suite Beat
- Warner Records Inc.
- Strange Fruit Records
- Cherry Red Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick has dated –
- Lung Leg
- Anita Lane (1977-1983) – Nick had started dating Australian singer and songwriter Anita Lane in 1977. They had recorded multiple tracks together and Anita had co-written the lyrics for a few of Nick’s songs. They had also written a comic book together, titled AS-FIX-E-8. The couple had parted ways in 1983.
- Viviane Carneiro (1990–1996) – Nick had married Brazilian journalist Viviane Carneiro in 1990. They have a son together named Luke Cave (b. May 10, 1991). They got divorced in 1996.
- Beau Lazenby – Through his past relationship with model Beau Lazenby, Nick has a son named Jethro Cave (b. 1991) (Actor). He had not even met Jethro until he was about 7 years old.
- Kylie Minogue (1995-1996) – Rumor
- Polly Jean Harvey (1996-1997)
- Susie Bick (1997-Present) – Nick had started dating British model Susie Bick in 1997. They got married in 1999 and had twin sons together named Arthur Cave (b. 2000) (d. July 14, 2015) and Earl Cave (b. 2000).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Lean physique
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Clean-shaven look
Nick Cave Facts
- Nick was about 19 years old when his father died in a car accident. His mother could only inform him while she was bailing him out of a police station in Melbourne where he was being held on charges of burglary.
- He is the godfather to Australian musician Michael Hutchence‘s daughter Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily. He had performed the song Into My Arms at Michael’s televised funeral in 1997 but had urged the cameramen to not record his performance.
- In 2014, shortly before his 57th birthday, a film based on his life, titled 20,000 Days on Earth, was released.
Featured Image by Nick Cave / Instagram