|Sia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1975|
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler
Sia (pronounced – SEE-ah)
Sia attended North Adelaide Primary School and Adelaide High School and Olivet Nazarene University and finally graduated in 1994.
- Father – Phil B. Colson (Served as a musician in various bands)
- Mother – Loene Furler (Singer, songwriter, musician, art lecturer)
- Others – Peter Furler (Cousin) (Rock Musician)
Alternative rock, downtempo, pop, dance, trip-hop, jazz, acid jazz
RCA Records, Dance Pool, Go! Beat, Hear, Astralwerks
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sia Furler dated –
- J.D. Samson (2008-2011) – American musician Jocelyn Rachel “JD” Samson and Sia were romantically linked to each other for three years.
- Erik Anders Lang (2014-2016) – Sia started dating documentary filmmaker Erik Anders Lang in 2014 and got engaged on June 6, 2014. On August 2, 2014, she married him at her home in Palm Springs, California. They split up in December 2016.
- Shia LaBeouf
Note – Sia adopted 2 African American boys from foster care in 2019. Her younger son is named Che. In July 2020, Sia became a grandmother when one of her boys (aged 19 at that time) fathered twins.
Race / Ethnicity
35-28-35 in or 89-71-89 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She believes in God. But, this was her exact reply on her religious beliefs –
“I believe in a higher power and it’s called ‘Whatever Dude’ and he’s a queer, surfing Santa that’s a bit like my grandpa, so yes.”
Best Known For
Her single “Chandelier” from the album “1000 Forms of Fear” released in 2014.
The single charted at #2 in Australia, #1 in France, #8 in the US, #6 in Canada, Denmark, and the UK. It was certified as 4x Platinum in Australia.
Sia released her debut album OnlySee in 1997 via Flavoured Records label. It didn’t chart anywhere. The trip-hop album consisted of 13 singles giving it a total length of about 52 minutes.
She appeared in the 2005 romantic comedy film Piccadilly Jim for her role as New York Bar Singer.
Sia Furler Facts
- In 2011, she was a guest mentor on The Voice US.
- Her mom also provided backing vocals for Mount Lofty Rangers.
- Sia’s grandfather, father, and uncle had worked as taxi drivers.
- She is the niece of Kevin Colson, the Australian film and TV actor.
- Sia’s parents were both in the Adelaide rockabilly band, The Soda Jerx.
- Sia once got frustrated when her favorite clothes were destroyed by a dry cleaner and she asked her Twitter followers what to do in such a situation in order to take revenge.
- She has a pet dog named Pantera.
- She is a vegetarian and had appeared in a PETA Asia-Pacific with her pet dog to promote pet neutering.
- In Australia, “Clap Your Hands” was her first big mainstream hit.
- She once suffered from depression due to addiction to painkillers and alcohol. Due to all these things, she also attempted to commit suicide and hence wrote a suicide note.
- She has lovely snaggletooth. She actually was given a choice by her parents either to get the teeth fixed or study in Italy for a year. She chose the second option and now feels glad about that choice.
- Previously, she was a vegetarian and turned full vegan later. She also tweeted about the same in 2014.
- She has Graves’ disease.
- She penned Kylie Minogue‘s song “S*xercise,” Rihanna‘s Hit “Diamonds,” Lea Michele‘s “Cannonball” and numerous others.
- She is friends with singers like Christina Aguilera, Elisha Cuthbert, Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Girls’ Zosia Mamet, and several others.
- She is an activist and is a big advocate for animals.
- Sia was watching a documentary and saw a boy in that film. On finding that the boy didn’t have parents, she decided to adopt him. This is how she got the inspiration to adopt the boys in 2019.