|Leslie Odom Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1981|
|Spouse||Nicolette Kloe Robinson|
Leslie Odom Jr. started his acting career during his late teens by appearing in a number of Broadway productions. He got his mainstream acting career off to a great start with a recurring role in CSI: Miami. He got the biggest breakthrough in his career after he was cast as Aaron Burr in the popular Broadway musical, Hamilton. He even won a Tony Award for his great work in the show. He has also played an important role in the musical drama TV series, Smash.
Leslie Odom Jr.
Queens, New York City, United States
He divides his time between Los Angeles and New York City.
Leslie Odom Jr. received his middle school education from Julia R. Masterman School. Later, he studied at Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts. Then, he got enrolled at the School of Drama at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
Leslie Odom Jr. is represented by Los Angeles based CESD Talent Agency.
CD Baby, S-Curve Records
5 ft 9 in or 176 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leslie Odom Jr. has dated –
- Nicolette Kloe Robinson (2012-Present) – In December 2012, Odom got married to actress Nicolette Kloe Robinson. They had first met in 2008 during the audition process of the musical, Once on this Island. Odom was hired as his assistant by director Bill Porter. Robinson, who was studying at UCLA, had auditioned but wasn’t selected initially. However, when another cast member left the show, Robinson was brought in. Odom was tasked with briefing her about her role and bringing her up to the speed. They started dating soon after. In April 2017, she gave birth to their daughter, Lucille Ruby. In November 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting another child (a boy) together.
- Uzo Aduba (2013) – It was reported that Leslie had an affair with actress Uzo Aduba in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
Neat short-trimmed hairdo
He was raised in a Baptist household.
Leslie Odom Jr. has appeared in a TV commercial for National Insurance. He has also been featured in an endorsement campaign for Fossil.
Best Known For
- Having originated the role of Aaron Burr in the popular Broadway show, Hamilton. His great performance in the musical helped him win a Grammy Award as a principal vocalist on Best Musical Theatre Album and Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical.
- Having been cast in recurring roles in the popular TV shows such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Person of Interest, and Smash
- The commercial success of his music album, Leslie Odom Jr. The album managed to reach the very top of U.S. Jazz music charts.
In August 2014, he independently released his debut album, Leslie Odom Jr. The expanded and revised version of the album was released by S-Curve Records in June 2016.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut in the war movie, Red Tails, which had Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrence Howard in the lead role.
First TV Show
In 2003, Leslie Odom Jr. made his first TV show appearance in The Best Defense episode of the police drama series, CSI: Miami.
Odom works out with his personal trainer Thiago Passos in the gym to make sure that his body is well prepared for the grueling demands of the Broadway shows. They workout for 3 days a week with each workout session lasting for about an hour. His workout routines include bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pull-ups. They also focus on functional training and use accessories such as kettlebells to make his workouts more dynamic.
Odom also makes sure that he gets the adequate sleep. He is also very mindful of what he eats and makes sure that his body has the right kind of fuel to keep going. He even uses Cryotherapy, a therapy which incorporates a very low temperature for faster recovery from ailments.
Leslie Odom Jr. Favorite Things
- Cereal – Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch with whole-grain oats
Source – Grub Street
Leslie Odom Jr. Facts
- He made his Broadway debut at the age of 17. He was cast in the role of Paul in the rock musical show, Rent.
- While growing up, he was in the church choir at Canaan Baptist Church in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
- In the summer of 2003, he moved to Los Angeles in search of better acting opportunities.
- In February 2018, Odom was hired to perform America the Beautiful in the NBC Broadcast of Super Bowl LII.
- In March 2018, he published his first book, Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning, which aimed to inspire young readers.
- After Ellen DeGeneres had tested positive for coronavirus in December 2020, Leslie self-isolated as a precautionary measure (to stay away from his pregnant wife Nicolette and daughter Lucy) since he had appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Featured Image by Leslie Odom Jr. / Instagram