|Cuba Gooding Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1968|
Cuba Gooding Jr. is an American actor, voice actor, and comedian who is best known for his role as the fired-up football player Rod Tidwell in the romantic comedy-drama sports film Jerry Maguire (1996) that earned him an Oscar for “Best Supporting Actor”, his ebullient “Show me the money!” line in the Academy Award-nominated movie becoming a nationwide catchline. Cuba has appeared in several other notable films including the box office surprise Boyz n the Hood (1991) and Men of Honor (2000), with a number of the movies he starred in having got nominated for the Best Picture Oscar such as A Few Good Men (1992), As Good as It Gets (1997) and Selma (2014). Gooding has also been featured in numerous TV shows, such as the widely acclaimed FX drama series The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story (2016) where he has played the part of O.J. Simpson, and he has performed as a voice-over artist as well, having provided the voice of a number of characters like Buck in the animated Western musical comedy movie Home on the Range (2004).
Cuba Mark Gooding Jr.
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
He went to 4 different high schools as a teen, namely North Hollywood High School, Tustin High School, Apple Valley High School, and John F. Kennedy High School in Granada Hills in Los Angeles, having served as class president in 3 of them.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian
- Father – Cuba Gooding Sr. (Singer, Actor)
- Mother – Shirley Sullivan (Vocalist)
- Siblings – Omar Gooding (Younger Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Rapper, Voice Artist), April Gooding (Sister), Tommy Gooding (Brother) (Musician)
He has been represented by ICM Partners.
5 ft 10¼ in or 178.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sara Kapfer (1994-2014) – He tied the knot with his school sweetheart Sara Kapfer on March 13, 1994. However, the pair separated in 2014. They have 2 sons together named Spencer Gooding (b. 1994) and actor Mason Gooding (b. 1996), and a daughter named Piper (b. 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
He has Barbadian and African-American ancestry on his father’s side of the family and African-American and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Birthmark above his lips
- Shapely lips
He has appeared in the TV commercials for several brands such as Burger King in 1988 and Pepsi One in 1998.
Christianity, having become a born-again Christian when he was 13 years old.
Cuba Gooding Jr. Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Hawaii having visited the place often with his family to enjoy vacations
- Passion – Hockey, having been an avid player and even put up a rink in his backyard
Source – IMDb
Cuba Gooding Jr. Facts
- His father had been the lead vocalist of the soul group The Main Ingredient and after the music band had their hit single Everybody Plays the Fool, Cuba’s family had shifted to Los Angeles in 1972.
- Cuba has been noted for his soft and creaky voice.
- His Oscar acceptance speech has been regarded as one of the most enthusiastic award speeches of all time.
- Cuba has disclosed that he has treasured his watches having stored them, along with the Oscar, in briefcases with locks on them.
- In 2013, an unidentified woman accused him of raping her. In June 2023, it was revealed that Cuba had reached a settlement in the rape lawsuit.
- In the past, several women had accused him of s*xual misconduct. In April 2022, Cuba pleaded guilty to forcibly touching a waitress in 2018 in New York, revealing that he kissed her without consent. He received “no jail time” for the guilty plea and was required to go through 6 months of alcohol and behavior modification counseling.
Featured Image by Cuba Gooding Jr. / Instagram