|Steve Aoki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1977|
Steve Aoki is an American DJ, record producer, musician, music programmer, and record executive. Named the highest-grossing electronic dance music artist in North America from tours by Pollstar in 2012, he has released multiple albums, extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks like Wonderland, Neon Future I, Neon Future II, Neon Future III, Neon Future IV, Steve Aoki Presents Kolony, It’s the End of the World as We Know It, Pillowface and His Airplane Chronicles, 6OKI – Rave Royale, I’m in the House (ft. Zuper Blahq), Earthquakey People (ft. Rivers Cuomo), Ladi Dadi (ft. Wynter Gordon), Cudi the Kid (ft. Kid Cudi and Travis Barker), Livin’ My Love (ft. LMFAO and NERVO), Omega (ft. Miss Palmer and Dan Sena), Rage the Night Away (ft. Waka Flocka Flame), Free the Madness (ft. Machine Gun Kelly), Born to Get Wild (ft. will.i.am), Get Me Outta Here (ft. Flux Pavilion), Darker Than Blood (ft. Linkin Park), How Else (ft. Rich the Kid and iLoveMakonnen), Night Call (ft. Lil Yachty and Migos), Azukita (ft. Daddy Yankee, Play-N-Skillz, and Elvis Crespo), Let It Be Me (ft. Backstreet Boys), Waste It on Me (ft. BTS), I Love My Friends (ft. Icona Pop), and Lie to Me (ft. Ina Wroldsen).
Steven Hiroyuki Aoki
Miami, Florida, United States
Steve Aoki graduated from the Newport Harbor High School in 1995.
He then went to the University of California, Santa Barbara to complete two Bachelor of Arts degrees from the university, one in sociology and the other in feminist studies.
DJ, Musician, Record Producer, Music Executive, Music Programmer
- Father – Rocky Aoki (Former Wrestler and founder of restaurant chain, Benihana)
- Mother – Chizuru Kobayashi
- Siblings – Kana Grace Nootenboom (Older Sister), Kevin Aoki (Older Brother) (Owner of Doraku Sushi Restaurant), Devon Aoki (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress, Model), Kyle N. Aoki (Brother), Jennifer Crumb (Sister), Echo V. Aoki (Sister)
- Others – Yunosuke Aoki (Paternal Grandfather), Katsu Aoki (Paternal Grandmother), Yumi Nu (Niece) (Model, Singer, Songwriter)
Steve Aoki has been represented by Matt Colon of Deckster Agency.
He has also been signed up with Michael Theanne of Seminal Music, Music Artists Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
EDM, electro house, dubstep, big room house, Dutch house, trap
Turntables, Personal Computer, CDJ, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Programming
Dim Mak Records, Ultra Music, Spinnin’ Records, Ministry of Sound
His net worth had been $120 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Aoki has dated –
- Tiernan Cowling – Steve met the Australian model Tiernan Cowling and they eventually started dating. They got engaged in 2010 with reports stating that they had been going out for quite some time. After being engaged for around 5 years, they got married in December 2015 in a small and intimate wedding ceremony held in Maui, Hawaii. Both of their families were in attendance at the ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Japanese ancestry.
Long hair, beard, and mustache
Steve Aoki has starred in the TV adverts for –
- Bud Light Platinum Beer
- Guitar Center
- Hakkasan Group (Alongside Calvin Harris in the New Year’s Eve commercial)
- Radio Shack
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with leading music artists such as Iggy Azalea and LMFAO
- The chart-topping success of his studio album, Wonderland
In 2012, he released his debut studio album Wonderland, which reached #6 on US’s Dance / Electronic Albums.
As an actor, Steve made his first film appearance in the action film Point Break as himself (Cameo Chalet).
First TV Show
As an actor, Aoki was first seen in a 2013 episode of the superhero series The Arrow.
Due to his work commitments, he doesn’t have too much time in his schedule for working out. So, he prefers to go for 20 to 30 minutes of high-intensity workouts. The exercises are performed in a circuit and interval training style with several exercises performed one after another with little or no rest in between.
In case, he is traveling around due to work, he just goes for CrossFit and gets done for the day. Apart from circuit-style lifting exercises, he also focuses on intense cardio and serious core work.
Regarding diet, he makes sure that he is eating clean and green. He keeps green smoothies and protein shakes around to make sure that when hunger pangs hit, he is grabbing something healthy. In order to deal with cravings, he tries to eat good stuff as much as he can.
His sugar consumption in all forms is seriously restricted.
He has also stopped eating red meat and pork. Before turning vegan, he used to make sure that he is eating a lot of fish and vegetables.
Steve Aoki Favorite Things
- Los Angeles Restaurants – Goldie’s and Eveleigh
- Night Club – Hakkasan Las Vegas
- Food – Ramen
- Country to visit – Japan
- Book – A Short History of Nearly Everything (By Bill Bryson)
- New York Restaurants – Dudley’s and Cabana
- Studio – Wade Martin Studios in Las Vegas
- Artist To Collaborate – Linkin Park
Source – US Magazine
Steve Aoki Facts
- Before becoming a successful EDM artist, he was a vocalist of the punk rock band, This Machine Kills. He had a three-year stint starting from 1997 with the band.
- Rapper Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg and Steve have co-founded a management company, Deckstar.
- In 1996, he established his own record label named, Dim Mak Records, which works mostly with electro-house artists.
- The name of his label “Dim Mak Records” is inspired by his childhood hero, Bruce Lee.
- While studying at the university, he used to hold concerts out of his apartment in a student housing cooperative. His apartment was promptly called The Pickle Patch.
- In 2006, he was made the board member of the Music is Revolution Foundation, which is a non-profit organization working to give music education in public schools.
- Since the age of 14, he has been an active supporter of the animal rights organization, PETA.
- He has founded the Steve Aoki Charitable Fund, which works to raise money for various humanitarian relief organizations all over the world.
- In 2015, he was made the global ambassador of the non-profit Best Buddies program, which aims to support young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- In his free time, he loves to go cliff jumping and snowboarding.
- He cites Malcolm X as a major influence on his career and overall life.
- Due to his work commitments, he travels for the majority part of the year.
- His debut album Wonderland was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Electronic / Dance Album.
- He has multiple tattoos on his body.
- For music production, he uses a program called Ableton.
- Steve can sleep on demand.
- In April 2023, Steve teamed up with Jimmie Allen and Dixie D’Amelio for a new song titled Older.
- Visit his official website @ steveaoki.com.