|Danna Paola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Danna Paola is a Mexican actress, singer, and model who has been in the limelight ever since she started acting in Mexican TV shows from the age of 5. In 2000, Danna was cast in the telenovela Rayito de Luz (Ray of Light). The next year, she landed her first leading role in the telenovela María Belén and became an overnight sensation. The same year, at the age of just 6, Danna’s first album titled Mi Globo Azul was released. In 2004, she got her 2nd lead role in the popular children’s telenovela, Amy, la niña de la mochila azul (Amy, the girl with the blue backpack). Her 2nd album, Océano was also released in 2004. She has appeared in various other TV shows such as Pablo y Andrea (Pablo and Andrea) (2005), Atrévete a Soñar (Dare to dream) (2009-2010), ¿Quién es quién? (Who is who?) (2015-2016), La Doña (The Doña), and José José: El príncipe de la cancion (José José: The prince of the song) (2018).
In 2012, Donna recorded her 4th studio album titled Danna Paola. In 2013, Danna was cast in the role of Elphaba in the Spanish-language adaptation of the popular Broadway musical, Wicked. She appeared in more than 300 performances from 2013 to 2015 and received glowing reviews from critics. After Wicked’s conclusion, Danna was invited to play the lead role of Maria in the 2015 musical, Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar (Today, I can’t get up). In July 2015, Danna moved to Miami and signed a contract with Telemundo (a Spanish-language network in the USA). Danna’s 2nd full-length movie role came in 2018, 10 years after her first, as Renata in Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo (The simplest is to complicate everything). In 2018, Danna appeared as Lucrecia Montesinos Hendrich in Netflix’s Spanish teen drama thriller Élite. In May 2019, Danna’s 5th studio album, Sie7e was released.
Danna Paola Rivera Munguía
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Miami, Florida, United States
Due to such an early start to her acting and music career, Danna was homeschooled for most of her life.
Actress, Singer, Model, Fashion Designer
- Father – Juan José Rivera Arellano (Former Singer)
- Mother – Patricia Munguía
- Siblings – Vania Rivera Munguía (Older Sister)
She is represented by –
- WK Artists
- Mayte Ortega
- Icon Management
Latin Pop, Latin Ballad, Electropop, Pop
Guitar, Vocals, Piano
Universal Music Group (Mexico)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Danna has dated –
- Eleazar Gómez (2009-2014) – Danna met actor Eleazar Gomez when they were filming for the teen telenovela Atrévete a Soñar in 2009. They were together for many years but Eleazar used to hide the relationship due to the age gap between the two. The couple eventually split because Eleazar was involved in another relationship while he was dating her. Danna has said that she has moved on from the sour experience and holds no resentment.
- Eugenio Siller (2016) – Danna dated her co-star from the 2015 telenovela, ¿Quién es quién?, Eugenio Siller for a brief period. The couple parted ways soon after.
- Miguel Bernardeau (2018) – There have been rumors that Danna was dating her Élite co-star Miguel Bernardaeau in 2018 but neither of them has officially confirmed it.
- Jorge López (2019)
Race / Ethnicity
She has Mexican ancestry.
- ‘Flower’ tattoo on her left arm
- Thick Eyebrows
- Frequently changes her hairstyle
Danna has endorsed the following brands on her social media –
Danna has appeared in print and television commercials for brands like L’Oreal Paris.
Best Known For
- Her acting in telenovelas and series such as María Belén (2001), Pablo y Andrea (2005), Atrévete a Soñar (2009-2010), and Élite
- Releasing popular albums like Mi Globo Azul (2001), Danna Paola (2012), and Sie7e (2019)
- Her performances in the theatre musical Wicked from 2013 to 2015
Danna released her first album in 2001 when she was just 6 years old. The album was titled Mi Globo Azul (My Blue Balloon) and released by Universal Music Group (Mexico). The album began Danna’s long-running association with Universal.
Danna made her theatrical film debut as Lilia Ascencio in the 2008 Mexican movie Tear This Heart Out.
First TV Show
In 2000, Danna made her TV show debut at the age of just 5 when she was cast in the telenovela Rayito de Luz (Ray of Light) as Lupita Lerma.
Danna Paola Favorite Things
- Songs – Feeling Good by Michael Bublé, Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande
- Music Style – Reggaeton
- Pets – Dogs
- Travel Destination – France
- Models – Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne
Source – CelebCover.com
Danna Paola Facts
- Danna’s parents divorced when she was very young. She was then raised by her mother and her older sister, Vania.
- Her father was a part of the 1980s Mexican band Grupo Ciclon. He guided Danna once her music career began to develop.
- Danna’s acting career started in 1999 when she participated with her sister in the auditions for Plaza Sésamo, the Mexican version of the iconic American TV show Sesame Street. After a few months, both sisters were selected and appeared in various episodes.
- Danna and the cast of the telenovela Atrévete a Soñar recorded 2 soundtracks and toured across Mexico to promote the show. The soundtracks became a commercial success across Latin America and were certified “Double Platinum” in Mexico.
- In 2010, Danna voiced the character of Rapunzel for the Spanish-language dubbing of the Disney film Tangled. She also contributed to the film’s Spanish-language soundtrack.
- While auditioning for the play Wicked, Danna auditioned for the roles of both Glinda and Elphaba. She was just 18 years old when she was eventually cast as Elphaba and made the record of being the youngest person ever to be cast in that role.
- The Mexican run of Wicked where Danna played Elphaba, sold more than 100k tickets in its first 10 weeks, making it one of the most successful theatre productions in the country’s history.
- In January 2014, Danna was cast in Saving Sara Cruz, a remake of the film, The Bodyguard. It was going to be her English-language movie debut but the production of the film never started and it was shelved soon after.
- In March 2014, Danna successfully launched her clothing line, Danna Paola by SexyJns in collaboration with the popular Mexican clothing brand, Sexy Jeans.
- In August 2014, Danna recorded a cover of the song Take A Chance On Me as a tribute to iconic Swedish pop group ABBA. The song was released as a single and debuted at number 1 on iTunes México.
- In October 2014, Danna performed the Spanish version of the song No Good Deed (from the musical Wicked) to a record sold-out crowd at the Auditorio Nacional in Mexico City for the Lunas del Auditorio award show.
- Danna recorded a duet Mientras Me Enamoras (While you love me) with popular Mexican singer, Lalo Brito in August 2015. A music video for the song was also released on Brito’s YouTube channel in September 2015.
- In January 2018, Paola was selected to play the starring role in the biopic based on the life of Mexican actress, Silva Pinal. However, she dropped out of the project as she was cast in Netflix’s series, Élite.
- In March 2016, Danna released a single titled Baila hasta caer (Dance until you fall). She recorded the song in Miami while filming for the TV Series ¿Quién es quién? (2015-2016).
- The telenovela ¿Quién es quién? was her first television project outside of the Mexican production giant Televisa and her first telenovela in 5 years.
- To promote her 2018 film Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo, Danna recorded a single titled ¿Dónde estabas tú? (Where were you?) in November 2017.
- Danna hosted the 2011 edition of Nickelodeon Mexico Kids’ Choice Awards.
- In October 2023, Danna teamed up with Steve Aoki for a new track titled Paranoia.
- Follow her on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Danna Paola / Instagram