Michael Steven Bublé
Michael Bublé, Mickey Bubbles
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Michael divides his time between his home in West Vancouver, Canada and his wife’s hometown in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Michael went to Seaforth Elementary School and Cariboo Hill Secondary School.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record producer
- Father – Lewis Bublé (Salmon Fisherman)
- Mother – Amber Santaga Bublé
- Siblings – Brandee Bublé (Younger Sister) (Children’s Book Author), Crystal Bublé (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Demetrio Santaga (Maternal Grandfather) (Plumber), Iolanda Moscone (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael Bublé is managed by Bruce Allen Talent, Talent Agency, Vancouver, Canada.
Pop and Jazz
- Reprise Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Bublé has dated –
- Debbie Timuss (1996-2005) – Debbie is an actress from British Columbia, Canada. She appeared with Michael in the musical Red Rock Diner in 1996. While on a tour in Italy, he co-wrote the hit song “Home” dedicating it to her. She was even featured in the same music video. At one point, Michael and Debbie were engaged. By the end of November 2005, their engagement broke inspiring him to write another hit single “Lost”.
- Emily Blunt (2005-2008) – Emily is a British-American film and stage actress from London. Michael met Emily backstage at the Australian television’s Logie Awards, Melbourne, in 2005. They soon started dating after that and Emily moved into his Vancouver home. Michael wrote the hit “Everything” for her. They ended their relationship in July 2008.
- Luisana Lopilato (2009-Present) – Michael set eyes for the first time on Argentine actress and model Luisana amidst the crowd after his show in Buenos Aires and thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He visited Luisana and her family 3 months later and soon, they realized that they were in love with each other. In November 2009, at a family dinner in front of her parents and siblings, Michael proposed with a sparkling ring. They had 2 weddings, 1st, on March 31, 2011, in Buenos Aires and 6 weeks later, in Vancouver, near Michael’s family residence. Luisana appeared in Michael’s music video “Haven’t Met You Yet” in 2009, which he wrote for her. They have two sons – Noah (born in 2013) and Elias (born in 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian and Croatian ancestry.
- Short trendy hairdo
- Pleasant smile
- Mostly seen in suits
Michael Bublé and his songs have featured in the advertisements for the following brands –
- Michael Buble’s Fine Fragrance for Women ‘By Invitation‘
- Smooth Radio TV
- Michael Buble’s song “Haven’t Met You Yet” was featured in Iceland Foods TV commercial.
Michael was raised as a Roman Catholic but now, he believes in agnosticism.
Best Known For
- His self-titled album Michael Bublé which was released on February 11, 2003, under major labels 143 Records and Reprise Records. This album gave him the global recognition selling more than 3 million units worldwide.
- His record-breaking album It’s Time which spent 76 weeks in the number 1 spot on Billboard’s Top Traditional Jazz Album Chart.
- Winning 4 Grammy Awards for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album in 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2014.
In 2001, his first album BaBalu was self-released. It had 13 tracks, but it was not widely distributed.
In 2000, Michael made his theatrical film debut playing the role of a karaoke singer in the road trip film Duets, directed by Bruce Paltrow.
First TV Show
In 1996, Michael made his TV show debut with The X-Files as a member of the submarine crew. He was not credited for the role.
In 2010, during his holidays in Barbados, Michael was snapped in an unfathomable body shape attracting a lot of criticism. Almost a year after that, he was seen in a much leaner and fitter body frame.
Michael credits his wife for his transformation. She encouraged him to hit the gym and to follow a strict diet and workout routine. He admits having been on an unhealthy eating habit. He learned to discipline himself into maintaining those healthy routines, cutting out bread, rice, and pasta to get back into shape.
Michael Bublé Favorite Things
- Writer – Dave Barry
- Go-to food – Old El Paso tacos
- TV Show – An Idiot Abroad
- Movie – The Princess Bride
- Cloth brand – DSquared2
Source – US Magazine
Michael Bublé Facts
- Since the age of 2, Michael had dreamed of becoming a singer.
- Michael shared an interest in ice hockey with his grandfather and fancied the idea of playing professionally for Vancouver Canucks while growing up.
- He joined his father as a commercial fisherman when he was 14 years old for 6 summers.
- He started singing in nightclubs at the age of 16. His stage name was Mickey Bubbles.
- He grew up listening to a lot of jazz records from his grandfather’s collection.
- He entered the Canadian Youth Talent Search when he was 18 years old and won. Soon after that, he worked at every possible place like clubs, conventions, cruise ships, hotel lounges, shopping malls, and talent shows hoping for a break.
- In 2000, he got his break when he was introduced to a multi-Grammy Award-winning producer and record executive, David Foster at the former Canadian Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney’s daughter’s wedding, where Michael was performing. After much reluctance, David Foster signed up Michael under his label for his self-titled album in 2003.
- Michael has a dual citizenship of Italian and Canadian.
- As a multi-platinum artist, Michael has sold over 55 million records worldwide.
- In November 2016, his son Noah was diagnosed with liver cancer hepatoblastoma. It is a rare type of cancer that affects children under the age of 5, especially boys.
- Michael supports a lot of charitable projects such as children’s charity Believe in Magic.
- Visit his official website @ www.michaelbuble.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Dallas Bittle / Flickr / CC BY-2.0