|Bryan Adams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1959|
Bryan Adams is a Canadian guitarist, singer, songwriter, actor, composer, record producer, photographer, activist, and philanthropist. Over the years, he has won at least 20 Juno Awards and a Grammy Award for “Best Song Written for a Motion Picture or Television” amongst 15 Grammy nominations and has been nominated for 5 Golden Globe Awards and 3 Academy Awards for his songwriting for films. He has also been inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Canada’s Walk of Fame, the Canadian Broadcast Hall of Fame, and the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. His discography includes albums like You Want It You Got It, Bryan Adams, Cuts Like a Knife, Waking Up the Neighbours, On a Day Like Today, Into the Fire, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Reckless, Room Service, 11, Tracks of My Years, 18 til I Die, Shine a Light, and Get Up. Adams received the Governor General’s Performing Arts Award on May 1, 2010, for his 30 years of contributions to the arts.
Bryan Guy Adams
Bryan Adams, Adams
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Adams did not complete his formal schooling, as he quit school after auditioning as a guitarist.
Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Composer, Photographer, Actor, Record Producer, Philanthropist, and Social Activist
- Father – Conrad J. Adams (Sandhurst Officer who joined the Canadian Army and later served as United Nations Peacekeeping Observer)
- Mother – Elizabeth Jane (née Watson; Homemaker)
- Siblings – Bruce Adams (Brother)
Bryan Adams has been signed with Bruce Allen Talent (Talent Agency) of Canada.
Rock, pop rock, soft rock, arena rock
Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Dobro
A&M, Polydor, Verve (U.S.A.), Universal, BMG
His net worth had been $75 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
159 lbs or 72 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bryan Adams has dated –
- Linda Evangelista – The Canadian model, who holds the record of appearing multiple times on the magazine cover of Vogue Italia, had a brief encounter with Bryan Adams in the past.
- Vicki Russell (1985-1991) – The British costume designer was in a relationship with Bryan Adams for about six years.
- Cecilie Thomsen (1991-2002) – The Danish actress was in a relationship with Bryan Adams for a long duration.
- Princess Diana (1996) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Princess Diana, a member of the British royal family, in the year 1996.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (2002) – The American actress, known for her role in Shakespeare in Love (1998), is RUMORed to have dated Bryan Adams in 2002.
- Elle Macpherson (2007) – It is a RUMOR that the Australian model had been dating Bryan Adams in 2007. They separated after his photograph with Caterina Murino was seen during a party in Paris.
- Caterina Murino (2007-2008) – The Italian actress and Bryan Adams commenced dating in December 2007, but their relationship ended quickly in January 2008.
- Amanda Charlwood (2007-2009) – The American model was in a relationship with Bryan Adams for about two years.
- Alicia Grimaldi (2004-Present) – The Cambridge-educated brunette, who is also Bryan Adams’s personal secretary since 2004, was in a secret relationship with the singer. The couple has two daughters. Their first daughter Mirabella Bunny Grimaldi Adams was born on April 22, 2011, and Lula Rosylea Grimaldi Adams, their second daughter was born on February 15, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Bryan Adams is of English and Maltese descent.
- Husky Voice
- Guitar Talent
- Energetic Stage Performances
10 (US) or 9 (UK)
Bryan Adams appeared with model Eva Herzigova in 2004 for her own swimsuit line.
Bryan Adams does not believe in religion and announces himself as an atheist.
Best Known For
Bryan Adams is best known for his 1983 release Cuts like a Knife and 1984 release Reckless.
He is popular worldwide for his single Everything I Do, I Do It for You.
Bryan Adams appeared in the 1989 release Pink Cadillac as a gas station attendant.
First TV Show
Bryan Adams appeared in the 1998 TV series Baywatch for the episode White Thunder at the Glacier Bay: Part 1.
His first album Bryan Adams was released in 1980.
Bryan Adams attributes his slim figure to his vegan diet in particular that he follows since he was 29. He does not follow a fixed fitness training routine. Rather he adheres to a strict raw vegan diet which starts with fruit juice and mixed fruit salad for breakfast.
Avocados and lemons are his companions on the sets and for tours. He carries a juicer while traveling so that he can have fresh fruit and vegetable juice, along with dried fruits and nuts. After a performance, he prefers to have green or herbal tea that keeps his metabolism rate quite high.
Bryan Adams is known to have employed cooks who can cater to his vegan requirements during tours because many countries like Spain, do not understand the concept of vegetarian food.
Bryan Adams Favorite Things
- Hobby – Photography
- Drink – Virgin Mojitos
- Salads – Raw artichoke hearts with chives, lemon, and olive oil, rocket salads with cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced fennel, grated raw broccoli with a light dressing of soy sauce, lemon, and olive oil
- Love – Cooking
- Place – London
Bryan Adams Facts
- He owns a recording studio in the Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver which has been named The Warehouse Studio.
- He organized many charitable concerts during his career and was awarded the Allan Waters Humanitarian Award on January 13, 2010.
- He has been named a Member of the Order of Canada and Officer of the Order of Canada for his contributions to Canadian culture. He has also been awarded the Order of British Columbia for humanitarian work via his charitable foundations.
- He was inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame in 1998, Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 2006 and Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011.
- Both Bryan Adams and Ryan Adams have the same birth date – November 5.
- His single Everything I Do, I Do It for You has been the only song that has kept its position at number one for sixteen weeks in UK Charts.
- He has been nominated for 56 Juno Awards, 15 Grammy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, and three Academy Awards. He has won 20 Juno Awards and one Grammy Award for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television in 1992.
- He worked as a dishwasher in his early teens to save money for a proper guitar.
- He has worked as a photographer for different magazines and short advertising campaigns like Guess Jeans, Sand, Converse, Montblanc, John Richmond, Fred Perry, Escada, Gaastra, and Zeiss. He has also released a book of photography known as Wounded: The Legacy of Wars, on young British officers who had suffered life-alternating injuries during wars.
- He is an avid supporter of PETA. He does photo shoots and writes letters for them.
- Due to his father’s occupation in the Canadian Foreign Services, he spent his childhood in countries like Portugal, Vienna, Austria, and Israel.
- As a photographer, he has photographed many of his colleagues in the music business including Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Elton John, Jared Leto, Victoria Beckham, Mick Jagger, Sting, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Robbie Williams, Lana Del Rey, Bruce Springsteen, Alessia Cara, Sheryl Crow, Joni Mitchell, Billy Idol, Shawn Mendes, Nelly Furtado, Shania Twain, and Alanis Morissette.
- Before his solo career began, he worked as a lead singer in the Vancouver band Sweeney Todd.
- After testing positive for COVID-19, he canceled his participation in a tribute to singer Tina Turner on October 30, 2021. However, he later recovered. In November 2021, Bryan tested positive for coronavirus for the 2nd time.
- Visit his official website @ bryanadams.com.