|Aaron Dessner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1976|
Aaron Dessner is an American musician, songwriter, and record producer who is best known as the co-founder of the rock band The National, with whom he has recorded the studio albums titled The National (2001), Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers (2003), Alligator (2005), Boxer (2007), High Violet (2010), Trouble Will Find Me (2013), Sleep Well Beast (2017), and I Am Easy to Find (2019). He is also the co-founder of the indie rock duo Big Red Machine. Other than his work with these 2 bands, he has produced albums for several notable artists including Taylor Swift.
Aaron Brooking Dessner
Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States
He splits his time between Copenhagen, Denmark, and New York, United States.
Aaron had attended the Cincinnati Country Day School, a private, independent school in Indian Hill, a suburb of Cincinnati.
After his graduation from there in 1994, he had joined the Columbia College at Columbia University, a private Ivy League research university in New York City. He had studied modern European history there and had graduated in 1998.
Musician, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – His father was a jazz drummer.
- Siblings – Bryce David Dessner (Twin Brother) (Music Composer, Guitarist), Jessica Dessner (Older Sister) (Artist, Dancer, Poet)
- Others – Robin Brooking Hastie (Uncle), Pauline de Lassus Saint-Geniès aka Mina Tindle (Sister-in-Law) (Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist), Peter Wengler (Father-in-Law)
Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Folk Rock, Post-Punk Revival, Art Rock
Guitar, Piano, Keyboard
- Beggars Banquet Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aaron has dated –
- Stine Wengler (2007-Present) – Aaron had started dating a Danish certified nurse named Stine Wengler in 2007 and the couple got married in 2015. They have 3 children together including a daughter named Ingrid Stella Dessner (b. 2011) and a son named Robin Lo Brooking Dessner (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Polish and Russian) descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, neck-length, tousled hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
Aaron Dessner Facts
- He and his twin brother Bryce used to collect baseball cards in childhood. They had once traded their entire card collection for a guitar and a bass.
- The brothers went on to become frequent musical collaborators in the future and had co-curated and produced the charity musical compilations titled Dark Was the Night (2009) and Day of the Dead (2016) for the Red Hot Organization, a non-profit international organization dedicated to fighting AIDS through pop culture.
- The duo had composed the score for the 2016 thriller film titled Transpecos which had won the ‘Audience Award’ at the 2016 South by Southwest, an annual conglomeration of parallel film, interactive media, music festivals, and conferences organized jointly that take place in mid-March in Austin, Texas. 3 years ago, the brothers had collaborated on the score of the adventure drama film Big Sur, an adaptation of the 1962 novel of the same name.
- Aaron has also co-founded and curated 3 music festivals – Eaux Claires in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, HAVEN in Copenhagen, and the Boston Calling Music Festival.
- He is an ardent supporter of the English soccer giants Liverpool F.C.
Featured Image by Aaron Dessner / Instagram