|Alexandra Breckenridge Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1982|
Alexandra Breckenridge is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Willa McPherson in Dirt, young Moira O’Hara in American Horror Story, Jessie Anderson in The Walking Dead, and Sophie in This Is Us. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Big Fat Liar, Vampire Clan, Rings, She’s the Man, Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story, Freaks and Geeks, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Family Guy, True Blood, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Alexandra Hetherington Breckenridge
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
Actress, voice actress, photographer
- Others – Michael Weatherly (Maternal Uncle) (Actor), Leland Davis Breckenridge, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Ruth Hetherington (Maternal Grandmother)
Alexandra Breckenridge is represented by the Los Angeles based Atlas Artists (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Breckenridge has dated
- Bryten Goss (2004-2006) – Alexandra began dating painter Bryten Goss in 2004. They were very much together until his untimely death in October 2006 due to coronary failure. She has hosted a couple of art exhibitions to showcase Goss’ work.
- Evan Peters (2007-2010) – In 2007, Alex started going out with actor Evan Peters. They were spotted hanging out together on a couple of occasions and she was later spotted kissing him on the cheek. However, they appeared to have ended their courtship in 2010. It seems their breakup was amicable as they later co-starred in the American Horror Story: Murder House in 2011.
- Seth MacFarlane (2011) – Alexandra shares a warm personal and professional equation with the Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, who has often roped Alexandra for guest roles in his animated TV series. It has been reported that they dated towards the end of 2011. Their first public outing as a couple was at the American Music Awards VIP after-party in November 2011.
- Casey Hooper (2015-Present) – Alexandra got married to Casey Hooper, who is Katy Perry’s lead guitarist, in September 2015. About a year after their marriage, she gave birth to their son, Jack Breckenridge Hooper in September 2016. In August 2017, it was revealed that she was pregnant with their second child, a daughter, who was later born in December 2017 named Billie Breckenridge Hooper. Billie’s name has been inspired by Billie Holiday.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
However, she often goes for blonde and auburn hue hair colors.
- Defined jawline
- High cheekbones
36-26-37 in or 91-66-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Jessie Anderson in the AMC horror TV series, The Walking Dead.
- Having done voiceover work for a series of characters, including guest celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker, in the popular animated comedy series, Family Guy.
- Having played the role of young Moira O’Hara in the first season and the role of Kaylee in the third season of the popular TV show, American Horror Story.
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut playing the minor role of Anna in the comedy movie, Orange County. However, her work in the movie was uncredited.
Her first credited appearance came in another comedy movie of 2002, Big Fat Liar. She played the role of Janie Shepherd, who was the older sister of the lead male character.
First TV Show
In 2000, Alexandra made her first TV show appearance in the Valentine’s Day Massacre episode of the teen drama TV series, Dawson’s Creek. She played the role of Kate Douglas on the show.
Alexandra Breckenridge Favorite Things
- Horror Movies – The Shining (1980), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), Amityville Horror (1979)
- Smell – Lavender
- Workout – Using Pilates reformer machine
- Place – COMO Shambhala Estate in Bali, Indonesia (5-star hotel)
Alexandra Breckenridge Facts
- She got interested in photography, acting, and singing as a 13-year-old. At that time, they were living in Mill Valley, California.
- Her interest in acting was sparked by the work she had done in the local theater productions.
- She was cast in the lead role for the pilot of the UPN drama show, Mystery Girl. However, the show wasn’t picked up as the prospective backers weren’t sure that a single female detective-led TV series would be successful.
- When Alex was 15 years old, she and her mother moved to Los Angeles to help her pursue a career in Hollywood.
- Apart from acting, she is very much into photography and even has a dark room in her apartment. Her work has been displayed in several Los Angeles-based art galleries.
- In 2008, she held her first photography exhibition in partnership with Shalon Goss. The exhibit was presented by Edgar Valera and hosted by her uncle Michael Weatherly.
- She was cast in the 2005 movie, The Jacket. However, her scene was cut from the final edition of the movie.
- Alex is very fond of tattoos and often has to rely on makeup or body paint to cover her body art for her acting commitments. However, during photoshoots, her same tattoos are visible.
- At the age of 19, she worked as a delivery driver for Big Wangs in Hollywood.
- In early March 2021, Alexandra revealed that she had been in 12 pilot episodes of various shows.
- Alexandra is influenced by actress Rita Hayworth‘s dance.
- She desires to be in musicals. But, she stopped singing after 16 years of age.
- Since she is afraid of flying, she gets small panic attacks on the plane.
- Alexandra stayed in Los Angeles for 19 years and then shifted base to Georgia’s farm.
- At 5, she wanted to be a potter. To date, she also wants to hold a clay workshop.
- Alexandra has watched Groundhog Day (1993) a lot of times.
- Breckenridge is a licensed scuba diver.
- Generally, each year on Christmas, she watches the Lord of the Rings series with her husband.
- Alexandra loves to bake bread and make quilts.
- Her least favorite exercise is burpees.
- She never feels comfortable in a bathing suit.
- At least 4 times, she has tried quitting acting for becoming a photographer.
- Until the age of 10, she was a competitive gymnast.
- David Bowie was her first crush.
- Growing up, she used to listen to Portishead and Fiona Apple.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0