|Fiona Apple Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1977|
Fiona Apple is an American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and pianist who released her debut studio album, Tidal, in 1996 and has since released several other albums including Extraordinary Machine, When the Pawn…, The Idler Wheel…, and Fetch the Bolt Cutters. Over the years, she has received numerous awards and nominations, including at least 3 Grammy Awards, 2 MTV Video Music Awards, and a Billboard Music Award.
Fiona Apple McAfee-Maggart
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
For her sophomore year, Fiona Apple studied at Alexander Hamilton High School located in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer, Pianist
- Father – Brandon Maggart (Actor)
- Mother – Diane McAfee (Singer)
- Siblings – Amber or Maude Maggart (Sister) (Cabaret Singer), Garett Maggart (Older Half Brother) (Actor), Spencer Maggart (Older Half Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Roscoe Maggard/Maggart (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes Louvenia Robinson (Paternal Grandmother), Millicent Green (Maternal Grandmother) (Dancer), Johnny McAfee (Maternal Grandfather) (Vocalist), Loren (Niece)
She has been signed with –
- The Fun Star
- Earl Inside, Inc., Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Art pop, baroque pop, jazz
Epic, Columbia Records, Clean Slate
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fiona Apple has dated –
- Louis C.K.
- Lionel Deluy – She was previously married to French photographer Lionel Deluy but their brief marriage ended “for complicated reasons”.
- David Blaine (1997) – Fiona Apple and American magician David Blaine had a scene for some time.
- Paul Thomas Anderson (1997-2000) – Fiona Apple was in a relationship with director Paul Thomas Anderson from 1997 to 2000.
- Jonathan Ames (2007) – Fiona hooked up with author Jonathan Ames in June 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Fiona Apple is of English, Irish, Swiss-German, German, and Scottish descent.
- Music mostly includes a rich jazz mix
- Deeply emotional and personal lyrics
- A husky and sultry voice
34-24-32 in or 86-61-81 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Fiona’s songs have made their way to the commercials. One of such ads has been Chipotle Mexican Grill.
Best Known For
- Her singing skills and she became a teen sensation after her first album Tidal was released in July 1996. The Criminal single from the album was a hit and earned her a Grammy for the Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
- She is also known for many other record-breaking albums and singles in her singing career including When the Pawn…(1999), The Idler Wheel (2012), and others.
Fiona released her first album in July 1996 titled Tidal at the age of seventeen. The album consists of 10 songs in the standard edition.
Fiona starred as Herself in the music film Largo in 2008.
First TV Show
In 1994, she was a performer in the TV series Crossroads in just one episode.
Fiona Apple Favorite Things
- TV Show – Columbo (1971-2003)
- TV Show Episode – Columbo: Try and Catch Me (1977)
- Singer – Cyndi Lauper
- Band – Beatles
- Beatles Singer – John Lennon
Source – IMDb, Timeout
Fiona Apple Facts
- As a child, she was classically trained on the piano.
- She was only eight-years-old when she started composing her own songs.
- When she was 12, Fiona Apple was raped outside her rented apartment.
- When she was in high school in Los Angeles, Fiona crafted a demo tape that became an instrument for her first break in the singing world.
- In January 2010, Fiona Apple performed with her friend and musician Jon Brion at a charity concert titled Love and Haiti, Too: A Music Benefit. The funds were to support the Haiti earthquake victims.
- The singer was arrested on September 19, 2012, for the possession of hashish at an internal Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas. She was detained at the Hudspeth County Jail by the authorities.
- The singer has two tattoos including FHW meaning Fiona has wings and KIN engraved on her lower back.
- She has got her navel pierced.
- Fiona is a vegan.
- VH1 ranked her at No. 84 on the 100 Sexiest Artists list in the past.
- The singer has been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. While performing on stage, Fiona gets panic attacks many times.
- She once stated that “I definitely did have an eating disorder.” Also adding that “What was really frustrating for me was that everyone thought I was anorexic, and I wasn’t. I was just really depressed and self-loathing.”
- Fiona is a very introverted person and mostly avoids Hollywood events and interviews.
- She had a pet dog named Janet.
- On April 17, 2020, she released her 5th studio album titled Fetch the Bolt Cutters which included songs like I Want You to Love Me, Shameika, Newspaper, For Her, Heavy Balloon, and Cosmonauts.
- She had felt relieved of not being nominated in the Album of the Year category during the 2021 Grammy Awards because otherwise, she would have got bullied by Taylor Swift‘s fans.
- During the 2021 Grammys, she was nominated under 3 categories, viz., “Best Alternative Music Album”, “Best Rock Performance”, and “Best Rock Song”. She had finally won the award in the “Best Rock Performance” and “Best Alternative Music Album” categories for her song Shameika and Fetch the Bolt Cutters respectively.