|Bill Fagerbakke Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1957|
Bill Fagerbakke is an American actor and voice actor who is known for giving voice to the character Patrick Star on the famous Nickelodeon animated series SpongeBob SquarePants. He has also appeared in various films and TV shows including the sitcom How I Met Your Mother and the movie Funny Farm.
William Mark Fagerbakke
Fontana, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bill attended the Minico High School in Rupert, from which he graduated in 1975. Then he graduated from the University of Idaho in Moscow with a bachelor’s degree in 1981. Besides studying, Bill also used to play for the Spartans.
He later went to Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Wilhelm/William “Bill” Fagerbakke
- Mother – Eileen/Ilene Viola (Jacobson/Jacobsen)
- Others – Nels Fagerbakke (Paternal Grandfather), Thora Thorkildson (Paternal Grandmother), George Jacobson (Maternal Grandfather), Clara Jacobson (Maternal Grandmother)
Bill is represented by the Innovative Artists Talent Agency.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill has dated –
- Catherine McClenahan (1989-2012) – Bill went out with the Canadian star, Catherine McClenahan, before marrying her in 1989. The couple has two daughters together, Hannah (born 1991), and Carson (born 1994). The duo separated in 2012 after sharing a relationship for about 23 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Bill has Norwegian ancestry.
Due to advancing age, gray hair strands are visible on his head.
- Tall stature
- Deep voice
- Usually plays slow-witted characters
Bill has appeared in a TV commercial for Sprite in 1984 and 1986.
Best Known For
- Voicing the character, Patrick Star, on Nickelodeon’s highest rated animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants
- Being cast as Marshall Eriksen’s father, Marvin Eriksen, in the sitcom How I Met Your Mother
- Playing the role of Michael “Dauber” Dybinski in the American sitcom Coach
Bill made his theatrical movie debut in 1984 in the movie Perfect Strangers, in which he played the role of Carl.
His movie voice debut was made in 1992 in the English version of the Japanese animated comedy-adventure movie, Porco Rosso, in which he voiced Mamma Aiuto Gang.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in 1986 when he appeared on the soap opera As the World Turns.
Bill made his TV show voice debut in 1991 when he voiced the character Steve Long in the animated series, 3×3 Eyes.
Bill Fagerbakke Facts
- He is one of the tallest Hollywood actors.
- He was an athlete in school and college and played football, basketball, and track for the Spartans.
- Bill was a defensive lineman for his college football team, Idaho Vandals.
- It was a knee injury that ended up his career as an athlete.
- The campus production of the musical Godspell marked the commencement of Bill’s career as an actor as he got cast in his first theatrical role.
- Apart from movies and TV shows, Bill has also been a part of various on-and-off Broadway stage shows.
- Bill has been close friends with American actor, voice actor, and comedian, Nick Bakay, since college as they were roommates.
- He was also a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.
- He is not present on social media.
Featured Image by Ryan Vo / Instagram