|Rodger Bumpass Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1951|
Rodger Bumpass is an American artist known for giving voice to the famous character Squidward Tentacles from the animated series SpongeBob SquarePants. He has voiced many more characters like Hoffman in Batman: The Animated Series, Professor Membrane in Invader ZIM and Scorch in Ring Raiders. Apart from his career as a voice actor, he has also appeared in movies and TV shows.
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Burbank, California, United States
Rodger grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas and went to Little Rock Central High School.
Later, he graduated from the Arkansas State University in 1976 with a major in radio–TV and a minor in theater.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Rodger is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rodger has dated –
- Jane C. Bumpass – Jane C. Bumpass and Rodger were previously married. But, the marriage collapsed within a month and the couple separated soon after.
- Nancy A. Bumpass (2003-2004) – Rodger then married Nancy A. Bumpass on December 24, 2003, but even his second marriage didn’t work out and the couple parted ways.
- Amy Stiller (2008-Present) – Amy Stiller is an American actress who has been with Roger for more than 10 years. They started seeing one another around the year 2008 and eventually got married.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
Rodger has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
His religious beliefs are unknown.
Best Known For
Voicing the fictional character, Squidward Tentacles, on SpongeBob SquarePants, an American animated television series
Rodger made his theatrical film debut as a dancer in the American post-apocalyptic science-fiction action film, Escape from New York, in 1981.
He made his movie voice debut in 1981 in the Canadian-American adult animated sci-fi-fantasy film, Heavy Metal. He voiced the characters Hannover Fiste and Dr. Anrak.
First TV Show
Rodger’s made his TV show debut as an attendant in an episode of the crime and action TV series, Hart to Hart, in 1983.
His TV show voice debut was made in an episode of the animated series, Richie Rich, in 1982.
The details about his personal trainer are unknown.
Rodger Bumpass Favorite Things
His favorite things are unknown.
Rodger Bumpass Facts
- He started receiving his training in theatre at a very early age.
- One of his Arkansas State University professors encouraged him to try acting as a career.
- Previously, he did multiple jobs like the announcer, film processor, cameraman, audio technician, and technical director at the ABC-affiliated television station, KAIT-TV.
- Rodger toured with the American humor magazine, National Lampoon until 1978 after winning a role in their music and comedy roadshow That’s Not Funny, That’s Sick in 1977.
- He has voiced many characters including Dr. Light on Teen Titans, The Chief from Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? and Professor Membrane on Invader Zim.
- Rodger was nominated for a 2012 Daytime Emmy Award for his role as Squidward on SpongeBob SquarePants.
- In 2006, a rumor claimed that Rodger had died in a heart surgery.
- He once got arrested for DUI and was the first actor of SpongeBob SquarePants to be arrested.
- Rodger is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Rodger Bumpass at InvaderCON II