|Rodger Bumpass Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1951|
|Spouse||Angela Ann VanZandt|
Rodger Bumpass is an American voice actor known for giving voice to the famous character Squidward Tentacles from the animated series SpongeBob SquarePants. He has voiced many more characters like Hoffman in Batman: The Animated Series, Professor Membrane in Invader ZIM and Scorch in Ring Raiders. Apart from his career as a voice actor, he has also appeared in movies and TV shows.
Rodger Dale Bumpass
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Burbank, California, United States
Rodger grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas and went to Little Rock Central High School.
Later, he graduated from Arkansas State University in 1976 with a major in radio–TV and a minor in theater.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian
- Father – Carroll Campbell Bumpass (1924-2009)
- Mother – Virginia Cathey Bumpass (1921-2004)
- Siblings – He had 2 siblings. One of them died early.
- Others – Henry Cathey (Maternal Grandfather) (1892-1980), Pearl Ida Glover Cathey (Maternal Grandmother) (1895-1965), Campbell C. Bumpass (Paternal Grandfather) (1902-1984), Vera Milholland Bumpass (Paternal Grandmother) (1905-1966)
Rodger is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rodger has dated –
- Amy Stiller (2008) – American actress and sister of Ben Stiller, Amy Stiller was rumored to have been married to Rodger.
- Angela Ann VanZandt (2018-Present) – Screenwriter Angela Ann VanZandt and Rodger started dating in 2017. When they were studying, they were together at Little Rock Central High School in the same class. They got married on July 27, 2019. This was Rodger’s first marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
Best Known For
Voicing the fictional character Squidward Tentacles on SpongeBob SquarePants, an American animated television series
Rodger made his theatrical film debut as a dancer in the American post-apocalyptic science-fiction action film, Escape from New York, in 1981.
He made his movie voice debut in 1981 in the Canadian-American adult animated sci-fi-fantasy film, Heavy Metal. He voiced the characters Hannover Fiste and Dr. Anrak.
First TV Show
Rodger’s made his TV show debut as an attendant in an episode of the crime and action TV series, Hart to Hart, in 1983.
His TV show voice debut was made in an episode of the animated series, Richie Rich, in 1982.
Rodger Bumpass Favorite Things
- Movies – Airplane! (1980), The Naked Gun film series (1988-1994), Hot Shots! (1991), Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975), Platoon (1986)
Source – ArkansasOnline.com
Rodger Bumpass Facts
- He started receiving his training in theatre at a very early age.
- One of his Arkansas State University professors encouraged him to try acting as a career.
- Previously, he did multiple jobs like the announcer, film processor, cameraman, audio technician, and technical director at the ABC-affiliated television station, KAIT-TV.
- Rodger toured with the American humor magazine, National Lampoon until 1978 after winning a role in their music and comedy roadshow That’s Not Funny, That’s Sick in 1977.
- He has voiced many characters including Dr. Light on Teen Titans, The Chief from Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? and Professor Membrane on Invader Zim.
- Rodger was nominated for a 2012 Daytime Emmy Award for his role as Squidward on SpongeBob SquarePants.
- In 2006, a rumor claimed that Rodger had died in heart surgery.
- He once got arrested for DUI and was the first actor of SpongeBob SquarePants to be arrested.
- Rodger is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Rodger Bumpass at InvaderCON II