|Kian Talan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1995|
Kian Talan is an American actor, model and influencer who shot to fame in 2021 after he began to portray the prime role of Alex Tennant in CBS’s action crime drama and police procedural TV series NCIS: Hawaiʻi. Talan has appeared in several other television programs including the Netflix documentary series Brainchild (2018) and has starred in various films like the critically-acclaimed Cicada (2020).
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
He had majored in Computer Science. He had taken lessons in acting at Stella Adler, William Esper as well as Terry Schreiber Studios.
Actor, Model, Influencer
He has been represented by Corner Booth Entertainment & DDO Artists.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Filipino descent.
- Six pack abs
- Tattoos on his body
- Defined jawline
- Mole on his right cheekbone
Kian Talan Favorite Things
- Genre Of Television Programming – Reality TV having relished Shark Tank, Million Dollar Listing, The Circle, Selling Sunset, Big Brother, The Greatest British Baking Show, and My Unorthodox life
- Cuisine – Indian, that he could eat buckets of, and have curry, rice, and “naan” for days
- Pastime – Grocery shopping at Whole Foods Market, Inc. having enjoyed spending hours doing so
- Film – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Source – Just Jared Jr.
Kian Talan Facts
- He has disclosed that he was passionate about acting since his childhood. His dream job as a child had been to produce and edit film trailers.
- He had studied Computer Science to fulfill the wish of his family.
- Kian had landed a position as lead developer for one of the world’s largest online luxury fashion retailers in the past.
- He has stated that he has been 97% introverted and only 3% extroverted.
- He has admitted to having been sensitive by nature that has resulted in him having cried watching movies like The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Talan has revealed that he was working a 9 to 5 tech job when he booked NCIS: Hawai’i.
- Kian has recounted that he grew up in a white, suburban town in New Hampshire and used to get stared at by the residents, which would make him keep his head down and never feel motivated to explore his talents. However, he found diversity and inclusion when he relocated to New York City, which had given him liberty from his past insecurities and had pushed him toward his acting dream. He had received a blow when he discovered that the entertainment industry was the same as his hometown and that there are scarce opportunities for Asian actors, and even less for Filipinos.
- When Talan got the screen test for the part of Alex on NCIS: Hawai’i, it was the first time he had auditioned for a Filipino character and he had felt seen in the character, could relate to his story, and had become eager to land the role. It had been his dream come true when he did book it. He learned that regardless of ethnicity or gender, being one’s true self and bringing that to a character can bring about real change.
- Along with New York, he has lived in Los Angeles as well.
- Kian has had the habit of ironing everything, even his jeans.
Featured Image by Kian Talan / Instagram