|Matthew Modine Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1959|
Matthew Modine is an American actor, director, producer, screenwriter, and activist whose notable film credits include Streamers (1983), Birdy (1984), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Vision Quest (1985), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), etc. Additionally, he is known for playing Dr. Martin Brenner in the popular Netflix series, Stranger Things (2016-2017).
Matthew Avery Modine
Loma Linda, California, United States
Matthew studied astronomy and oceanography in college.
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Activist
- Father – Mark Modine (Drive-in Theater Manager)
- Mother – Dolores Warner (Bookkeeper)
- Siblings – He has 6 older siblings.
Matthew’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
His peak height was 6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew has dated –
- Jenny McShane
- Caridad Rivera (1980-Present) – Matthew married the makeup and wardrobe stylist Caridad Rivera on October 31, 1980 (the Hallowen Day). In order to impress Caridad, Matthew once jumped from a cliff. The couple is parents to son Boman Modine (b. November 8, 1985), who works as an assistant director. Moreover, they also have a daughter named Ruby Modine (b. July 31, 1990), who is an actress, ballet dancer, and singer.
- Brenda Schad (2001) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Swedish, Danish, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
Matthew Modine’s Favorite Things
- TV Show – Ridiculousness
Source – Us Magazine
Matthew Modine’s Facts
- He turned down the iconic role of LT Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell in Top Gun (1986). The role ended up launching the career of Tom Cruise.
- Matthew is the only actor who has worked with both the directors, Stanley Kubrick and Christopher Nolan.
- He founded the Bicycle for a Day initiative to encourage people to reduce their carbon footprint by ditching motor vehicles.
- In 2005, the Canadian all-woman pop band called Pony Up dedicated an entire song, aptly called Matthew Modine, to the actor.
- Previously, he used to have his breakfast at Café Gratitude. He used to go here skateboarding.
- He has shown his interest in playing ukulele in the past.
- Matthew once drove in a U-Haul and went cross country with his daughter Ruby.
- He supports the basketball team, New York Knicks.
- Matthew loves doing bodysurfing in Newport Beach, California.
- Matthew loves eating apple pie.
- He considered his Aunt Alice as his real-life hero as she was still actively doing yoga and ballet daily even in the early 90s.
- Matthew has done a catwalk in Sir Sean Connery’s charity.
- He likes playing the New York Times crossword puzzle.
- David Alan Grier is the godfather of his children.
- Matthew is an avid photographer, author, and painter.
- Matthew likes to draw portraits without lifting his pen or even without looking.
- Modine loves long walks.
- He likes swinging on ropes.
Featured Image by Nick Step / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0