|David Alan Grier Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1956|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Alan Grier is an American actor and comedian who is best known for his appearance in various films and shows such as Jumanji, The Wiz Live, and A Soldier’s Story. However, he is best known for the various characters that he portrayed on In Living Color. He has more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
David Alan Grier
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended the Cass Technical High School in Detroit. Later, he went on to attain a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan in Art Radio, Television, and Film.
In 1981, he graduated from the Yale School of Drama with a Masters of Fine Arts.
- Father – William Henry Grier (Psychiatrist, Writer)
- Mother – Aretas Ruth Blaney
Grier is represented by Innovative Artists and ROAR.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David’s name has been linked with –
- Maritza Rivera (1987-1997)
- Lori Petty (1994)
- Chelsea Joy Handler (2005-2006)
- Christine Y. Kim (2007-2009) – They have a daughter named Luisa Danbi Grier-Kim (b. January 10, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
- Clean shaved head
- Sports a mustache
He was featured in the 1988 commercial for Isuzu.
David Alan Grier Favorite Things
- Recipe – Korean short ribs
Source – Today
David Alan Grier Facts
- His father co-wrote the book Black Rage with fellow writer Price M. Cobbs. William also took part in a March on Poverty in Detroit with Martin Luther King Jr.
- He was spotted by former actress and lecturer Rachel Roberts while he was playing a part in the production of The Place of the Spirit Dance.
- David made his Broadway debut in The Spirit where he portrayed the character of late. American baseball player Jackie Robinson.
- He partnered with ballroom dancer Kym Johnson in the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars in 2009.
- In 2009, his first book titled Barack Like Me: The Chocolate-Covered Truth was published.
- Grier is a collector of art and is obsessed with motorcycles. He also a limited edition Yamaha YZF-R1.
- He is an excellent cook and also runs a food blog of his own called DAG’s Food Blog.
- In the past, he was named in the “100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time” by Comedy Central.
Featured Image By David Alan Grier / Instagram