|Alessia Cara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1996|
Alessia Cara is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actor, and voice actor whose career started by uploading acoustic covers of songs. Since then, she has released many albums, extended plays, and songs like In the Meantime, Know-It-All, Four Pink Walls, This Summer, Wild Things, Here, The Pains of Growing, Scars to Your Beautiful, How Far I’ll Go, Stay (with Zedd), Out of Love, Growing Pains, Make It to Christmas, Sweet Dream, and Rooting for You. She became the first Canadian artist to ever win the Grammy Award for “Best New Artist” in 2018.
Alessia, Alessia Cara
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Alessia Cara went to Cardinal Ambrozic Catholic Secondary School in Brampton.
She graduated from high school in 2014.
After high school graduation, she had received scholarship offers from a number of universities. However, going with her intuition, she decided to take a year off and explore music and drama.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Voice Actor
- Siblings – Dario (Brother), Dante (Brother), Danica (Sister)
Alessia Cara has been represented by –
- Chris Smith Management / 21 Entertainment Group, Inc.
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Alternative R&B, Pop, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele
EP Entertainment, Def Jam Records, Universal Music Group
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alessia Cara has dated –
- Alessia has often revealed in her interviews that she had a boyfriend in high school.
- Jamie Oliver – In July 2015, she went on a one-off date with Welsh musician Jamie Oliver as part of an interview with Noisey magazine.
- Kevin Garrett (2016-2018) – She was romantically involved with musician Kevin Garrett between 2016 and 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent. Her father is a first-generation Canadian-Italian, whereas her mother migrated from Italy.
- Curly hair
- Petite body shape
- Luscious lips
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
Alessia has appeared in The Sound Drop commercial.
Best Known For
She has made acoustic covers of a number of hit songs and has posted them on YouTube. Her rendering of Justin Timberlake’s Mirror and Amy Winehouse’s Valerie particularly turned viral on social media.
In July 2015, she got endorsed by Taylor Swift on social media for creating a playful acoustic cover of her Bad Blood song on BBC Radio 1’s Piano Sessions.
Then, the anti-social anthem Here turned out to be a huge hit amongst regular fans and praised by leading lifestyle magazines including Cosmopolitan.
She released her debut studio album, Know-It-All, on November 13, 2015, via Def Jam Recordings. The album was certified as “Gold” in the U.S. and reached #9 at Billboard 200.
First TV Show
Alessia first appeared in the musical show Backstage Diaries as herself in 2015 in just one episode.
Alessia Cara Favorite Things
- Food – Hot Wings
- Disney Movie – Alice in the Wonderland (2010)
- Color – Black
- City – London
- Power Couple – Barack and Michelle Obama
- School Subjects – Drama, Writers Craft, Commtech
Source – Noisey, iHeart.com, Red Bull
Alessia Cara Facts
- Alessia was inspired to write her famous song, Here, after a party that she had gone to that went horribly wrong.
- She keeps a happiness jar, in which she puts a description of all the good stuff and opens the jar at the year-end to check back.
- During high school, she excelled in theater and writing poetry.
- She began playing guitar at the age of 13.
- Some of her musical influences include Lauryn Hill, Amy Winehouse, Pink, Fergie, Drake, Ed Sheeran, and Taylor Swift.
- Cara gets scared of clowns.
- She provided vocals to the character of Jane Willoughby, the cheerful middle child of the Willoughbys with a passion for singing, in the 2020 computer-animated comedy film The Willoughbys, based on the book of the same name by Lois Lowry. Alongside Alessia Cara, the film also stars the voices of Will Forte, Maya Rudolph, Terry Crews, Martin Short, Jane Krakowski, Seán Cullen, and Ricky Gervais.
- She has synesthesia and keratosis pilaris (a problem related to skin hair follicles) as well as has struggled with mental health and insomnia.
- Cara also has another skin issue such as alopecia areata (spot baldness).
- In 2022, she voiced the character of a singer named Selene in the Japanese-American anime television series Blade Runner: Black Lotus, based on the Blade Runner franchise.
- She has dual Canadian and Italian citizenship.
- Visit her official website @ alessiacara.com.