|Kevin Garrett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1991|
Kevin Garrett is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and producer who rose to prominence after producing the track Pray You Catch Me from Beyonce’s 2016 album, Lemonade. Moreover, he has released his own EPs such as Mellow Drama (2015), False Hope (2017), and the studio album titled Hoax (2019), all of which have been well received by audiences.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Kevin Garrett attended New York University in order to study music technology.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Producer
Contemporary, R&B, Soul, Pop
Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Violin
- Roc Nation
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Garrett has dated –
- Alessia Cara (2016-2018) – From 2016 until 2018, Kevin was in a relationship with the Canadian singer-songwriter Alessia Cara. Alessia is best known for singing popular songs such as Stay, Scars to Your Beautiful, You Let Me Down, Growing Pains, etc.
Race / Ethnicity
Moles on his forehead and upper lip
Kevin Garrett Favorite Things
- Song – Odd Soul (2011) by Mutemath
Source – The Last Magazine
Kevin Garrett Facts
- In 2017, he received a Grammy Award nomination in the ‘Album of the Year’ category for his work on the song Pray You Catch Me from Beyoncé‘s critically-acclaimed album, Lemonade (2016). However, the award was won by Adele‘s album, 25.
- Kevin has opened for numerous artists such as Alessia Cara, James Bay, James Vincent McMorrow as well as bands like Mumford & Sons, X Ambassadors, Oh Wonder, etc.
- He began learning to play the violin at the young age of 4 years.
- Kevin was born on the same date as notable Hollywood personalities such as Elton John, Big Sean, Aretha Franklin, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mikey Madison, Jadon Sancho, Jenny Slate, Katharine McPhee, Danica Patrick, Justin Prentice, Aly Michalka, Amber Rella, Casey Neistat, Iann Dior, William Franklyn-Miller, among many others.
- Some of the artists that Kevin looks forward to working with are Blake Mills, SiR, and Steve Lacy.
- Kevin has been inspired by the music of artists such as Ethan Gruska, Moon Mullins, Saba, SiR in addition to the band named Big Thief.
- His music influences for vocals include Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, and Willie Nelson. Similarly, his music influences for songwriting include legends like Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan.
- While studying at New York University, Kevin was a member of a folk-rock band named Noble Hunter.
- His music has been compared to the likes of Frank Ocean and James Blake.
Featured Image by Kevin Garrett / Instagram