|Steve Lacy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Steve Lacy is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer who rose to acclaim as the guitarist of the alternative R&B band The Internet. Formed in 2011, the band has released multiple albums and tracks such as Under Control, Purple Naked Ladies, Ego Death, Feel Good, Come Over, Hive Mind, Partners In Crime Part Two, They Say, Cocaine, Special Affair, and Roll (Burbank Funk). Moreover, Steve Lacy has also branched out as a solo artist and has released albums and songs like Apollo XXI, Gemini Rights, Dark Red, C U Girl, Bad Habit, Mercury, and N Side.
Steve Thomas Lacy-Moya
Compton, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Steve Lacy studied in a private school.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Mother – Valerie
- Siblings – He has sisters.
Alternative R&B, Neo Soul, Funk, Jazz, Indie Rock, Lo-fi
RCA Records, Three Quarter, AWAL (Former)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and Black)
Steve Lacy is of Filipino descent on his father’s side and has African-American roots on his mother’s side.
- Lean body
- Multiple tattoos, including a matching tattoo with Lil Uzi Vert and Ye.
Steve Lacy Facts
- He was 10 years old when his father passed away and he has stated that he did not really know his father as the man used to come around only for special occasions, such as birthdays.
- With The Internet, Steve Lacy released the band’s debut studio album Purple Naked Ladies on December 19, 2011.
- His first extended play Steve Lacy’s Demo was released on February 24, 2017, via Three Quarter (3Qtr) and AWAL.
- On May 24, 2019, Steve Lacy released his debut studio album Apollo XXI and it was nominated for a Grammy Award in the “Best Urban Contemporary Album” category. It includes songs like Like Me (ft. Daisy), Basement Jack, Only If, Hate CD, In Lust We Trust, and Lay Me Down.
- Some of Steve Lacy’s influences include Thundercat, Erykah Badu, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Pharrell Williams, the Neptunes, and Mac DeMarco.
- His 2nd studio album Gemini Rights was released on July 15, 2022, via RCA Records and Mankaprr Conteh of Rolling Stone wrote that the album “feels like the product of a grand jam session” and a “tight collection of rock and R&B, funk and jazz, psych and hip-hop that’s as warm and airy as the cusp of summer, when Geminis are born”.
- Gemini Rights peaked at #1 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart as well as US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, at #3 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #7 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In February 2023, Steve won the Grammy Award for “Best Progressive R&B Album” for Gemini Rights.
Featured Image by Moyopoyo / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
i didnt know steve lacy was bi