|Thundercat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Thundercat is an American musician, bassist, singer, and songwriter who rose to fame for his contribution to the crossover thrash band Suicidal Tendencies. Since then, he has released several well-known albums including The Golden Age of Apocalypse (2011), Apocalypse (2013), Drunk (2017), and It Is What It Is (2020).
Stephen Lee Bruner
Los Angeles, California, United States
Thundercat studied at Locke High School in Watts.
Musician, Bassist, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Ronald Bruner, Sr.
- Mother – Pam Bruner
- Siblings – Ronald Bruner Jr. (Older Brother) (Drummer, Composer, Producer), Jameel Bruner (Brother)
Thundercat is represented by Really Happening Management and Paradigm Talent Agency.
Funk, R&B, Soul, Electronica, Acid Jazz, Psychedelia, Crossover Thrash
Bass Guitar, Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Drums
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note: Though not much is known about his personal life, he has a daughter named Sanaa.
Race / Ethnicity
- He sports a stubble beard and braided hairstyle
- Thundercat has several tattoos inked across both of his arms
Through his social media, Thundercat has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Beats by Dre.
- Music came to him naturally as he was raised in a family of musicians.
- He started learning to play the bass at an early age.
- One of the earliest bands that he joined was the boy band No Curfew. It was with them that he released his first minor hit. He was only 15 years old at the time. The following year, Thundercat joined his older brother to become a part of the punk band called Suicidal Tendencies to replace former bass player Josh Paul.
- Aside from his contribution to his band, he is also a session musician. Some of his most prominent work as a session musician was with singer Erykah Badu‘s New Amerykah (2008) and Flying Lotus‘ Cosmogramma (2010).
- On August 29, 2011, Thundercat released his debut studio album titled The Golden Age of Apocalypse. It consisted of a total of 13 tracks in all that were Hooooooo, Daylight, Fleer Ultra, Is It Love?, For Love I Come (George Duke cover), It Really Doesn’t Matter to You, Jamboree, Boat Cruise, Seasons, Goldenboy, Walkin, Mystery Machine (The Golden Age of Apocalypse), and Return to the Journey.
- After the release of his debut album in 2011, Thundercat came out with 3 other albums including Apocalypse (2013), Drunk (2017), and It Is What It Is (2020). All 3 of which had major success.
- In the year 2016, Thundercat won a Grammy Award for “Best Melodic Rap Performance” for his single These Walls.
Featured Image By Thundercat / Instagram