|Christopher McDonald Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1955|
Christopher McDonald is an American actor, theatre artist, producer, director, and voice actor who is best known for playing the role of Shooter McGavin in the 1996 comedy Happy Gilmore. Additionally, he is also known for playing Bradley “Goose” McKenzie in the musical romantic comedy film Grease 2, Darryl Dickinson in the comedy-drama film Thelma & Louise, Ward Cleaver in the comedy film Leave It to Beaver, Joey DeRuzza in the CBS sitcom Good Advice, Roger McManus in the romantic comedy film Rumor Has It…, Dean Simmons in the comedy film The House Bunny, Casey McNeil in the romantic comedy film About Last Night, “Tappy” Tibbons in the psychological drama film Requiem for a Dream, Matt Collins in the NBC sitcom Walter & Emily, Bryce Anderson in the NBC sitcom Veronica’s Closet, Harry M. Daugherty in the HBO period crime drama series Boardwalk Empire, Dallas Cowboys Owner in the sports comedy drama series Ballers, and Detective Rourke Chamberland in the Netflix mystery thriller series The Watcher.
New York City, New York, United States
California, United States
Christopher McDonald studied at Romulus Central School and graduated in 1973. He then got enrolled at Hobart College in Geneva, New York, and played football and soccer. Also, he was a member of the Kappa Alpha Society.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Producer, Director, Voice Actor
- Father – James R. McDonald (Educator, High School Principal)
- Mother – Patricia (Nursing Professor, Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Daniel McDonald (Younger Brother) (Actor, Singer) (Died of brain cancer in February 2007)
- Others – James T. McDonald (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret E. (Paternal Grandmother), Homer Hugo Hadfield (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Jester (Maternal Grandmother)
Christopher McDonald has been repped by –
- Middle Son, Inc, Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Empire Agency, Talent Agency, Berlin, Germany
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $4 Million.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Christopher McDonald has dated –
- Geena Davis (1983-1985) – In 1983, he started going out with actor, former model, executive producer, and advocate Geena Davis. The duo eventually got engaged but they later called off the engagement and parted ways in 1985 as she left him for Jeff Goldblum. They co-starred in the 1991 comedy-drama film Thelma and Louise.
- Lupe Gidley (1989-Present) – Christopher McDonald met actor Lupe Gidley in the year 1989 when they performed together in a theatre production in New Mexico and they soon got romantically involved. They got married in 1992 and have been blessed with 4 children – 3 daughters including Hannah Elizabeth McDonald (b. October 20, 1993) and Rosie McDonald (b. 1996), and a son named Jackson Riley McDonald (b. December 22, 1990).
Race / Ethnicity
Christopher McDonald is of Irish and English descent.
Salt and Pepper
Frequently plays arrogant villains
Christopher McDonald has done endorsement work for –
- Toyota Highlander (TV Commercial) (Voiceover)
- McDonald’s (TV Commercial) (1987)
Christopher McDonald Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Buffalo Bills
- Role That He Has Played – Jor-El in Superman: The Animated Series (1996)
- One Of His Favorite Directors – Robert Markowitz
Source – IMDb
Christopher McDonald Facts
- He grew up alongside his siblings in Romulus, New York.
- In 1994, he became a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- He enjoys skiing and fishing.
- He has been friends with actor Sheryl Lee.
- In 2021, he started playing the role of Marty Ghilain (CEO of the Palmetto Casino) in the comedy-drama television series Hacks. This role got him nominated for a Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series” category.
- He is a huge fan of the Buffalo Bills football team and has also been friends with former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0