|Jeff Goldblum Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1952|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeff Goldblum is an American actor and musician who is best known for having starred in numerous highest-grossing films, where he has portrayed roles such as Dr. Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park, David Levinson in Independence Day, and Grandmaster in Thor: Ragnarok. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Next Stop, Greenwich Village, Special Delivery, Between the Lines, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Tall Guy, Nine Months, Holy Man, Man of the Year, The Switch, Adam Resurrected, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Love and Thunder, Sesame Street, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Laverne & Shirley, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Friends, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, The League, Glee, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like The Exonerated, The Moony Shapiro Songbook, The Prisoner of Second Avenue, and The Pillowman. For his acting skills, Jeff has been honored with several awards such as the Saturn Award and the Boston Society of Film Critics Award.
Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum
West Homestead, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Jeff studied at the Taylor Allderdice High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Goldblum took acting classes at the Neighborhood Playhouse Drama School in New York City and his teacher was Sanford Meisner.
- Father – Harold L. Goldblum (Medical Doctor)
- Mother – Shirley Goldblum (Radio Broadcaster)
- Siblings – Pamela Goldblum (Sister) (Actress), Lee Goldblum (Older Brother) (Real Estate Broker), Rick Goldblum (Older Brother)
His career is managed by Industry Entertainment Productions LLC.
6 ft 4½ in or 194 cm
90 kg or 198.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeff Goldblum dated –
- Patricia Gaul (1980-1986) – Goldblum was married to actress Patricia Gaul who was his co-star in Silverado (1985). The two separated legally in 1986 after six years of marriage.
- Geena Davis (1985-1991) – Jeff and actress Geena Davis tied the knot on November 1, 1987. The two had worked together in Transylvania 6-5000 (1985), The Fly (1986), and Earth Girls Are Easy (1988). The duo called off their marriage in 1991.
- Laura Dern (1995-1997) – Jeff was in a relationship with actress Laura Dern and the two were engaged. They called off their engagement in 1997.
- Lisa Pittman (2002) – Jeff Goldblum had a brief encounter with actress Lisa Pittman in 2002.
- Lisa Marie (2002) – Jeff Goldblum and Lisa Marie started dating in 2002 and were together for a brief period.
- Kristin Davis (2002) – Jeff and actress Kristin Davis had a fling in 2002.
- Catherine Wreford (2005-2006) – Jeff and Canadian dancer Catherine Wreford were engaged for a short while around the mid-2000s.
- Nicole Richie (2006) – Goldblum had an encounter with Nicole Richie in July 2006.
- Tania Raymonde (2009-2010) – Jeff and actress Tania Raymonde started dating in 2009 and split in 2010.
- Lydia Hearst (2010-2011) – Jeff Goldblum and actress Lydia Hearst dated for a brief timeframe in 2010.
- Emilie Livingston (2014-Present) – Jeff got engaged to Olympic gymnast Emilie Livingston in 2014. They got married on November 8, 2014. They announced that they were expecting a son on January 9, 2015, and Charlie Ocean was born on July 4, 2015. The couple was blessed with a 2nd son on April 7, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Russian and Austrian Jewish ancestry.
- Mostly cast in intellectual roles
- Halt in line delivery
- Tall height and slender body
Jeff appeared in TV commercials on Macintosh Computers in 1998, iMac computer in 2000, Apple computers in 2003, Holsten Pils lager beer, Toyota autos in 2003, Irish Lottery in June 2011, Currys Christmas ad campaign in November 2015, Apartments.com in 2015, etc.
Jeff also lent his voice to some of the commercials for U.S. Toyota and Procter & Gamble’s facial cream line.
He has said that he follows Eastern religions.
Best Known For
Movies like The Tall Guy (1989), Deep Cover (1992), Jurassic Park (1993), Powder (1995), Independence Day (1996), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), The Prince of Egypt (1998), and Independence Day: Resurgence (2016).
He was first seen in the action movie Death Wish in 1974 in which he played a thug.
First TV Show
In 1975, he made his first television appearance in the series Columbo as Protector in just one episode entitled “A Case of Immunity”.
First Broadway Performance
Jeff’s Broadway debut was in the musical Two Gentlemen of Verona in 2008.
Jeff Goldblum feels that the right exercise and diet are the key ingredients of a fit life and he believes in aging gracefully. He became a father at the age of 62 and feels that it is best as one gets to walk around. He does chest presses with his son.
For his diet, he prefers antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains and completely avoids fatty, fried and sugar enriched foods.
Jeff Goldblum Favorite Things
- Movies – The Godfather (1972), Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989), Mulholland Drive (2001), A Serious Man (2009), Chinatown (1974), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), The King of Comedy (1982)
- Place – Los Angeles
Source – IMDb.com
Jeff Goldblum Facts
- Jeff belonged to the Orthodox synagogue during his childhood and also had a bar mitzvah.
- At 17, he shifted to New York City to pursue his dreams of becoming an actor.
- If he had not become an actor, he would have become a musician.
- He is a professional jazz pianist.
- Jeff Goldblum was a teacher at Playhouse West in North Hollywood along with Robert Carnegie and taught acting.
- He has the ability to wiggle one ear at a time. He showcased this talent in 1993 in an episode of Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
- Jeff was a jury member at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.
- In September 2006, Goldblum became a founding member of The Fire Dept, a theater company established in New York.
- In 2014, Goldblum and actor Peter Weller established a jazz band “The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra” to perform a weekly show at the Carlyle Hotel in New York.
- In 2016, he was called the World’s youngest 63-year-old by GQ Magazine.
- Jeff has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Count Dracula in Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland, Nero Blackstone in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Dr. Ian Malcolm in The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- As a musician, he has released albums such as The Capitol Studios Sessions and I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This.