|Elizabeth Smart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1987|
|Spouse||Matthew Gilmour |
Elizabeth Smart is an American child safety activist and commentator for ABC News. Smart was a media highlight at the age of 14 after she was abducted from her home in Salt Lake City by Brian David Mitchell who is the 3rd of 6 children born into the infamous Mormon family.
Elizabeth Ann Smart
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Elizabeth attended Salt Lake City’s Bryant Middle School and East High School. Later, she enrolled at Brigham Young University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Harp Performance.
- Father – Edward Smart
- Mother – Lois Smart
- Siblings – Mary Katherine Smart (Sister), William Smart (Brother), Edward Smart (Brother), Andrew Smart (Brother), Charles Smart (Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elizabeth has dated –
- Matthew Gilmour (2011-Present) – While serving as a missionary in the Paris Mission, Elizabeth met Scotland native Matthew Gilmour. Later, the couple got engaged after a year of courting in January 2012. Then they tied the knot on February 18, 2012, in a private ceremony in the Laie Hawaii Temple. Together, the couple has 3 children named Chloé (b. February 2015), James (b. April 2017), and Olivia (b. November 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Snub nose
Elizabeth Smart Facts
- Growing up, Elizabeth was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Elizabeth was abducted at the age of 14, on June 5, 2002, by Brian David Mitchell and his wife Wanda Ileen Barzee at knifepoint from her bedroom in her family’s house in Salt Lake City, Utah. Following her kidnapping, Elizabeth was held captive for 9 months and tied up, threatened with death, and raped daily.
- She was rescued on March 12, 2003, on a public street in Sandy, Utah just 29 km from her home. Nevertheless, this was possible thanks to eye-witnesses who spotted David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee while watching an episode of America’s Most Wanted.
- Her kidnapper Wanda Ileen Barzee was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison, whereas, David Mitchell was sentenced to two life terms in federal prison.
- In the past, Elizabeth began Smart Defense following an incident involving a passenger rubbing her thigh while she was napping on board a Delta Airlines flight.
Featured Image By Elizabeth Smart / Instagram