|Sam Elliott Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1944|
Sam Elliott is an American actor, voice actor, writer, and producer who is known for his television roles like playing Avery Markham in the neo-Western crime drama series Justified, Beau Bennett in the comedy-drama series The Ranch, Perry in the action comedy series MacGruber, Dr. Douglas Robert (Lang) in the espionage series Mission: Impossible, Sam Damon in the miniseries Once an Eagle, Chance McKenzie in the soap opera series The Yellow Rose, Shea Brennan in the Western drama limited-run series 1883, and Phil Milstein in the Netflix comedy series Grace and Frankie. He has also been a part of numerous films such as A Star Is Born, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Lady and the Tramp, Molly and Lawless John, The Legacy, The Blue Lightning, The Quick and the Dead, The Final Cut, Hulk, The Hi-Lo Country, The Contender, We Were Soldiers, Thank You for Smoking, The Big Bang, Marmaduke, I’ll See You in My Dreams, The Desperate Trail, Assault on the Wayne, The Blue Knight, I Will Fight No More Forever, and The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.
Samuel Pack Elliott
Sacramento, California, United States
Sam Elliott went to the David Douglas High School.
Post that, he got enrolled at the Clark College in Vancouver, Washington to complete a two-year course.
He also got enrolled at the University of Oregon. However, he dropped out of university in his senior year to pursue an acting career.
Actor, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Henry Nelson Elliott (Worked at Department of Interior)
- Mother – Glynn Mamie Sparks (Physical Training Instructor)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Hardy Bishop Elliott (Paternal Grandfather), Leona Pack (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel D. Sparks, Jr (Maternal Grandfather), Zora Pope (Maternal Grandmother)
Sam Elliott has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
His net worth has been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Elliott has dated
- Barbra Streisand – He was romantically involved with singer, actress, director, and producer Barbra Streisand in the past.
- Katharine Ross (1978-Present) – Sam started dating actress Katharine Ross in 1978. They had fallen in love while shooting for the horror movie, The Legacy. They were earlier cast in the 1969 release, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but as both of them were cast in minor roles, they didn’t get to meet each other. They took their relationship to the next level in 1984 by getting married. The same year, they welcomed a daughter, Cleo Rose Elliott, into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam is of English and Scottish descent. He also has distant Dutch and Swiss, remote Swedish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish roots.
- Thick mustache
- Trademark deep voice
Sam Elliott has lent his voice for
- Ford Trucks
- Chevy Trucks
- Dodge Trucks
- U.S. Beef Council
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Coor’s Beer
- Coleman Camping Gear
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of General John Buford in the epic war movie, Gettysburg (1993)
- Having played the role of Thunderbolt Ross in the Marvel superhero movie, Hulk (2003)
In 1969, Sam made his first film appearance in a minor role in the western movie, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
First TV Show
In 1968, Sam made his TV show debut in 3 episodes of the crime drama series, Felony Squad.
Sam Elliott Facts
- He had to drop out of the 1982 thriller, The Ambush Murders due to illness. He was replaced by James Brolin in the project.
- He was in love with movies since a very young age. By the age of 9, he had realized that he wanted to become an actor.
- After dropping out of his final year at the University of Oregon, he moved to Los Angeles to study acting. To pay his bills, he used to work part-time in construction.
- For a very brief period of time, he also served in the California Army National Guard.
- In 2015, he was honored with induction into the International Mustache Hall of Fame in the film and television category.
- He was very keen to reprise the role of General Ross in the reboot The Incredible Hulk after having played it in the 2003 release, Hulk. However, he was looked over in favor of William Hurt.
- While studying in college, he was pretty active in local and college theater and his portrayal of one of the leads in the production of Guys and Dolls was highly praised by local newspapers.
- When he got his breakthrough in show business in the 70s, he was counted amongst the leading male s*x symbols. However, he wasn’t a fan of that tag as he believed there was a lot of disgrace attached to the tag.
- To prepare for his highly acclaimed role in Tombstone, he trained with renowned gun expert Thell Reed, who has trained leading actors such as Val Kilmer, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Russell Crowe.
- Alongside Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Andrew Dice Clay, and Dave Chappelle, he co-starred as Bobby Maine (Jack’s older half-brother and manager) in the 2018 musical romantic drama film A Star Is Born. This role won him the National Board of Review Award for “Best Supporting Actor” while he was also nominated for an Academy Award, Critics’ Choice Movie Award, Satellite Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
- He doesn’t have any social media accounts.