|Alexander Rossi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1991|
Alexander Rossi is an American professional racing driver who has competed in several motorsports competitions across Europe and the United States including the IndyCar Series, the Formula One World Championship, the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the Supercars Championship, and the FIA World Endurance Championship. He had stood 2nd at the 2018 edition of the IndyCar Series and 3rd in 2019. He had also participated in several feeder championships and intermediate tiers before competing in the premier tournaments; winning the 2008 Formula BMW Americas championship and the 2008 Formula BMW World Final. He had also stood 2nd at the 2015 GP2 Series; and finished in 3rd place at the 2007 Formula BMW Americas championship as well as the 2011 Formula Renault 3.5 Series.
Alexander Michael Rossi
Auburn, Placer County, California, United States
He splits his time between Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, and Naples, Campania, Italy.
Alexander had graduated from the Forest Lake Christian High School in his hometown of Auburn, at the age of just 16 as he had wanted to move to Europe as early as possible to kickstart his career in racing.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Peter Rossi
- Mother – Dawn Rossi
- 53 – Formula One
- 27 – IndyCar Series
Formula One Teams
Alexander has raced for –
- Caterham F1 Team (2012-2014) (Test Driver)
- Marussia F1 Team (2014) (Test Driver)
- Manor Marussia F1 Team (2015)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander has dated –
- Kameron Combs (2016)
- Kelly Mossop (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Lean physique
- Lanky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Alexander has served as the brand ambassador of the Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer.
He has been sponsored by –
- Alaska Coffee Roasting Co.
- NAPA Auto Parts
- CS&A furniture
- Arai Helmet Limited
- OMP America
- Axcel Sports
Alexander Rossi Favorite Things
- American Football Team – New England Patriots
- Hobby – Listening to Music
- Music Genres – Alternative Rock, Country
- Music Bands/Groups – The 1975, The Chainsmokers, Blink-182
- Singers – Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Prince, The Weeknd, Lady Gaga
- DJs – Flume, Diplo
- Adventure Sports – Skiing, Mountain Biking
Alexander Rossi Facts
- He had first come into the spotlight in 2006 when he had stood 3rd in the 2006 Skip Barber National Championship. At the age of 14, he was the youngest driver to earn a ‘Top 3’ finish in the championship’s history.
- In 2016, he had won the coveted Indianapolis 500 event in his very first attempt. He was the first rookie since 2001 and the American rookie since 1928 to achieve the feat. It was, coincidentally, the 100th edition of the Indianapolis 500.
- After serving as a test driver in Formula One from 2012 to 2014, he had eventually earned a chance to drive competitively in 2015. He drove 5 races for Manor Marussia F1 Team including his home Grand Prix in the United States. His best F1 result (12th), incidentally, came in that race.
- In 2018, he had participated with fellow IndyCar driver Conor Daly, in the 30th season of the adventure reality game show The Amazing Race. They had finished in 4th place.
Featured Image by Alexander Rossi / Instagram