|Eric Church Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1977|
Eric Church is a multiple Grammy nominated and southern rock country singer-songwriter. He is known for hit singles like “How ‘Bout You”, “Guys Like Me”, “Smoke a Little Smoke”, “Love Your Love the Most”, “Drink in My Hand”, “Springsteen”, “Creepin'”, “Like Jesus Does”, “Give Me Back My Hometown”, “Cold One”, “Talladega”, and “Desperate Man”. He has also won numerous CMA Awards, BCCMA Awards, and ACM Awards. Eric’s outlaw country sound has earned him over a million followers on Instagram, more than 2.5 million followers on Twitter, and over 4 million followers on Facebook while his YouTube channel has over 600 million views.
Kenneth Eric Church
Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States
He divides his time between his residences in –
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, United States
Eric Church studied at the South Caldwell High School in Hudson, North Carolina. Later, he graduated with a degree in Marketing from the Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
- Father – Ken Church (President of Furniture Upholstery Company)
- Mother – Rita Church (Kindergarten Teacher)
- Siblings – Brandon Church (Younger Brother) (Died March 2018)
Eric Church is managed by –
- Ebie McFarland, Essential Broadcast Media, LLC., Public Relations Firm, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Ailie Birchfield, Universal Music Group, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Country Rock, Rock, Southern Rock, Bluegrass
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Banjo
- Snakefarm Records
- Capitol Nashville
- EMI Nashville
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 180.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric Church has dated –
- Katherine Blasingame – On January 8, 2008, Eric and Katherine tied the knot before their family and friends in Westglow Spa & Resort in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, after dating for a while. Eric surprised his wife and guests with a love song titled “You Make It Look So Easy” at the wedding. The couple is blessed with two sons – Boone McCoy Church (born October 3, 2011) and Tennessee Hawkins Church (born February 15, 2015).
Note: Before meeting Katherine Blasingame, he was once engaged to a Spanish teacher from Lenoir, North Carolina. The engagement did not last as his fiancée’s father wanted Eric to pursue a career in the corporate sector.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often seen with Aviator sunglasses
- Short spiky hairstyle
- Light beard
Eric Church has endorsed his own brand merchandise and some other brands like –
- Chief Merch
- These Boots
Best Known For
- Giving hit singles like “How ‘Bout You”, “Two Pink Lines”, “Guys Like Me”, “Smoke a Little Smoke”, “Love Your Love the Most”, “Hell on the Heart”, “Drink in My Hand”, “Springsteen”, “Homeboy”, “Creepin'”, “Like Jesus Does”, “Give Me Back My Hometown”, “Cold One”, “Talladega”, “Like a Wrecking Ball”, “Record Year”, “Round Here Buzz”, and “Desperate Man”
On July 18, 2006, he released his debut studio album, titled Sinners Like Me, through Capitol Nashville. The album consisted of 12 original tracks.
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance in the family reality series, Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
Eric Church Favorite Things
- Getaway Destination – Mountains in North Carolina
- Fashion Accessories – His boots and glasses
Source – Taste Of Country
Eric Church Facts
- When he was younger, he was in a band named Mountain Boys along with his younger brother.
- During his school days, he played sports and took a special interest in golf as it took him off school early.
- In his initial career, he was kicked off the Rascal Flatts‘ tour for breaking all the rules of an opening act.
- He is influenced by artists like Hank Williams Jr., Merle Haggard, Little Feat, The Band, Kris Kristofferson, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and Waylon Jennings.
- He has also admitted that he gets inspired by heavy metal bands like Metallica, Pantera, and AC/DC.
- In May 2015, he, along with Keith Urban, produced a hit single titled, Raise ‘Em Up.
- In 2013, he and his wife founded a non-profit organization called Chief Cares Fund.
- He has advocated the use of cannabis.
- In June 2017, he had a major health incident when he was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome and had to undergo immediate surgery.
- He has said that the sexiest drink a woman can order in a bar was a bottle of beer.
- The 3 specific things not to talk about when at a bar are politics, religion, and previous relationships.
- His ideal drinking partner would have been Johnny Cash or his late grandfather.
- His two must-have tour accessories are high-quality bed sheets and Jack Daniel‘s.
- He has a particular pair of boots that he uses only for his stage performances.
- One thing that’s always in his fridge is a diet Sun Drop drink.
- One habit that he would really like to give up is having pizzas after midnight.
- He has also won numerous awards including Country Music Associations Awards for “Album of the Year” for Misunderstood (2016) and Chief (2012), British Columbia Country Music Association Awards for “International Album of the Year” for The Outsiders (2014), and Academy of Country Music Awards for “Top New Solo Vocalist” (2011) and “Album of the Year” for Chief (2013).
- Eric had co-performed the National Anthem during the 2021 Super Bowl alongside Jazmine Sullivan.
Featured Image by Townsquare Media / Flickr / CC BY 2.0