Keith Lionel Urban
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
He has a permanent residence in Nashville, Tennessee.
He also has houses in Beverly Hills as well as Sutton Forest.
At the age of 13, Keith Urban got enrolled at the Sir Edmund Hillary College in Otara, South Auckland.
Keith took early guitar lessons from Sue McCarthy, who was found as a result of an advertisement put up by his father in his store.
Singer, songwriter, guitarist, musician, TV show judge, record producer
- Father – Robert “Bob” Urban (Convenience Store Owner)
- Mother – Marienne Urban
- Siblings – Shane Urban (Older Brother)
- Others – Karl Henry Urban (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Rose Cooksley (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Bruce McKinnon (Maternal Grandfather), Flora Masters (Maternal Grandmother)
Keith Urban is represented by Nashville based Flatiron Borman Management.
Country, country pop, country rock, pop rock
Vocals and guitar
Capitol Records Nashville, Hit Red
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keith Urban has dated
- Laura Sigler (1992-2002) – Keith Urban started going out with vet technician Laura Sigler in 1992. He has revealed in his interviews that some of his early romantic hits were inspired by their relationship. After dating for about 8 years, Keith proposed to Laura and they got engaged. However, they failed to make it up to the altar as they broke up about two years after their engagement.
- Niki Taylor (2002-2004) – Keith started going out with American model Niki Taylor in 2002. They had met while shooting for the music video of his single, Somebody Like You. They were in an on and off relationship for about two years.
- Nicole Kidman (2005-Present) – Urban first met actress Nicole Kidman in January 2005 at the G’Day LA, a Hollywood event honoring Australians. However, according to reports, they didn’t start dating for 6 more months. After dating for about a year, they got married in June 2006 at the Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel in Sydney. Their wedding was attended by 230 guests and included celebrities such as Naomi Watts, Russell Crowe, and Hugh Jackman. In July 2008, she gave birth to a daughter, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. In December 2010, they welcomed another girl, Faith Margaret Kidman Urban to their family. Faith was born via surrogacy. Also, after their marriage, Keith became stepfather to her children (Isabella Cruise and Connor Cruise) from her previous marriage with Tom Cruise.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Blue eyes
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Keith has appeared in the TV commercials for
- Gap Jeans (2005).
- His own fragrance, Eau de Urban.
His song “Once In A Lifetime” has been used in Verizon Wireless commercial.
He also had endorsement deals with AT&T and Samsung.
Keith Urban is a deeply religious man and is a devoted Catholic.
He also decided to go for Catholic ceremony for his marriage to Nicole Kidman.
Best Known For
- Having released multiple chart topping and platinum certified music albums.
- Having served as a judge on the reality TV show American Idol.
- Being married to popular Australian actress Nicole Kidman.
In 1991, he released his debut studio album, Keith Urban, which was released only in Australia. The album was released worldwide by EMI Music in 2005.
In 1999, he made his American debut with the release of his second eponymous album, Keith Urban, which was certified as platinum.
Keith Urban had a special role in the drama film Rabbit Hole in 2010.
First TV Show
In March 2001, Keith made his first TV show appearance in the music and comedy talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Keith keeps himself fit by doing cardio 4 days a week. For his cardio workout, he relies on working on the elliptical machine.
He also lifts light weights in his gym workouts. However, when he is touring, he doesn’t have to work out as the physical energy required to perform in the shows keeps him fit.
He also makes sure that he is drinking a lot of water and getting sufficient sleep.
Keith Urban Favorite Things
- Nashville Restaurant – Rotier’s Restaurant Brown’s Diner, and Jacks Bar-B-Que
- Nashville Live Music Venues – 12th Porter and Exit/In
- Cologne – Calvin Klein Escape
- Music While Growing Up – Charley Pride, Dire Straits, Glen Campbell, The Eagles, Dolly Parton, Jackson Browne, Tanya Tucker, Fleetwood Mac, and Ronnie Milsap
Source – KSAM1017.com, CMT
Keith Urban Facts
- He is fond of body art and has got an eagle tattooed on his left shoulder blade. He got the tattoo on his 24th birthday eve.
- In 1983, he was one of the contestants in the Australian talent competition TV show, New Faces.
- Early in his music career, he used to perform on the Reg Lindsay Country Homestead TV Program and also often performed duets with local Brisbane singer Jenny Wilson in various other TV shows.
- When he won the CMA Male Vocalist of the Year award in 2004, he became the first New Zealand born vocalist to have won the prestigious award.
- One of his non-music jobs early in his life was to work at a concert lighting company.
- He holds the distinction of being the first artist to have won Entertainer of the Year (2005), Male Vocalist of the Year (2004, 2005), and the Horizon Award (2001) at the Country Music Association Awards.
- In October 2013, while performing in a concert in Tampa, he announced the launch of his exclusive guitar line and other accessories that were to be sold through Home Shopping Network (HSN). Some amount of the proceeds from his guitar and other accessories’ sales were donated to the Grammy Foundation and The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation.
- After finding fame early in his career and living in Nashville, he became a habitual cocaine user and eventually had to check in for rehab into a popular Nashville based treatment center, Cumberland Heights.
- In February 2007, he filed a lawsuit against New Jersey-based painter of similar name to acquire rights to website KeithUrban.com. The painter filed a countersuit and the lawsuit eventually went in painter’s favor.
- In 2016, shortly after his marriage to Nicole Kidman, he checked into the Betty Ford Center in California to take care of his alcoholism.
- In October 2007, in a minor accident, he skidded off his motorbike near his home in Sydney. He was trying to evade a paparazzo and also had to dodge an oncoming vehicle.
- Visit his official website @ keithurban.net.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0