|Tanya Tucker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1958|
Tanya Tucker is a highly-celebrated American singer, songwriter, and actress who has numerous chart-topping singles to her name. Some of them are Delta Dawn (1972), Blood Red and Goin’ Down (1973), Would You Lay with Me (In a Field of Stone) (1973), Lizzie and the Rainman (1975), San Antonio Stroll (1975), Here’s Some Love (1976), I Won’t Take Less than Your Love (1987), If It Don’t Come Easy (1988), Strong Enough to Bend (1988), Two Sparrows in a Hurricane (1992), etc.
Tanya Denise Tucker
Seminole, Texas, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Jesse Beau Tucker (Heavy Equipment Operator)
- Mother – Juanita Tucker
- Siblings – Don Tucker (Older Brother), LaCosta Tucker (Older Sister) (Music Artist)
Tanya Tucker’s net worth was $60 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
Country, Outlaw Country, Country Rock
- Columbia Records
- MCA Records
- Arista Records
- Capitol Records Nashville
- Liberty Records
- Capitol Records
- Tuckertime Records
- Saguaro Road Records
- Fantasy Records
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tanya has dated –
- Don Johnson (1978)
- Leif Garrett (1979)
- Glen Campbell (1980-1981)
- Merle Haggard (1982)
- Clint Eastwood (1982) – RUMOR
- Andy Gibb (1982)
- Ben Reed (1987-1993) – The talented singer dated Ben Reed, an actor known for starring in The Young and the Restless, from 1987 until 1993. During this time, she gave birth to their daughter Presley Tanita Reed (b. July 5, 1989) and their son Beau ‘Grayson’ Reed (b. October 2, 1991).
- Jerry Laseter (1997-1999) – The Nashville musician Jerry Laseter and Tanya were dating on-and-off in the late 1990s. They got engaged twice, once in 1997 and again 2 years later in 1999. The couple welcomed a daughter named Layla LaCosta Laseter on June 25, 1999, before calling it quits for good.
Race / Ethnicity
She dyes her hair with pink color.
Tanya Tucker Favorite Things
- Mentor/Best Friend – Loretta Lynn
Source – IMDb
Tanya Tucker Facts
- She released her debut single called Delta Dawn (1972) at the young age of 13 years. The song made its way to the Top Ten in the country charts and catapulted her to stardom.
- With the success of her single What’s Your Mama’s Name (1973), Tanya became the second teenage country singer to have a #1 country single. She was only preceded by Jean Shepard, who achieved this feat at the age of 19 years in 1953.
- Her autobiography titled Nickel Dreams: My Life was published in 1997.
- She launched her own brand of tequila called Cosa Salvaje in 2019.
- Tanya was the only woman to be included on the list of ‘CMT Greatest Outlaws: The Dirty Dozen’. She was ranked at #9.
- In 2023, she was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Tanya is among the few female artists who belong to the Outlaw Country music genre. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Merle Haggard are other notable outlaw country artists.
Featured Image by Benjichilders / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0