|Song Yuqi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Song Yuqi is a Chinese singer, dancer, and TV personality who is known for being the lead vocalist, lead dancer, and face of the South Korean multinational girl group, (G)I-dle, formed by Cube Entertainment and it also includes Miyeon, Minnie, Soyeon, Soojin, and Shuhua. Moreover, she has also appeared in a variety of shows as well as released a couple of songs.
Song Yuqi went to Beijing 101 High School, a coeducational public middle school located in Xiyuan, Haidian District, Beijing.
Singer, Dancer, TV Personality
- Siblings – Song Yuqi is an only child.
As a member of (G)I-dle, Song Yuqi is represented by Cube Entertainment.
K-Pop, Dance-pop, C-pop
Cube Entertainment Inc., Universal Japan, Asian Agent, Hot Idol
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Song Yuqi is of Chinese descent.
- Pierced ears
- As a member of (G)I-dle, Song Yuqi has been one of the city’s goodwill ambassadors for Seoul Metropolitan City.
- In 2021, Song endorsed several brands such as Momenten, Limeflare, and Ray-Ban.
- In February 2023, she was revealed as a brand spokesperson for the Chinese cosmetics brand Into You.
Song Yuqi Facts
- She became a trainee under Cube Entertainment after passing the Cube Star World Audition Beijing Station in 2015. For the audition, Song Yuqi performed High Heels by CLC and Bubble by G.E.M.
- (G)I-dle released its debut EP, I Am, in May 2018 via Cube Entertainment and it comprised of songs such as What’s in Your House?, Latata, and Don’t Text Me. Also, the extended play was ranked at number #5 in the US World albums (Billboard) weekly chart, at number #6 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) weekly chart, and at number #10 in the Taiwanese Albums (Five Music) weekly chart.
- On July 31, 2019, (G)I-dle released its Japanese debut extended play, Latata, through Universal Music Japan and the EP included songs like Light My Fire, Latata, Hann (Alone), and For You. The EP was ranked at number #5 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- Being a member of (G)I-dle, Song Yuqi has been a part of several shows such as Queendom, (G)I-dle: Vlog in New York, and To Neverland.
- She has been honored with many awards for her work as a member of (G)I-dle and some of them are Asia Artist Award, Melon Music Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Genie Music Award, Golden Disc Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Korea Popular Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, The Fact Music Award, any many others.
- She enjoys dancing and rapping.
- Song Yuqi has shared a room with her (G)I-dle groupmate, Minnie.
- She has been cast as one of the lead cast members of the variety show, Keep Running, alongside the likes of Angelababy, Li Chen, Zheng Kai, Lucas, Zhu Yawen, and Wang Yanlin.
- She has also appeared in shows such as The Gashinas and Law of the Jungle in Myanmar.
- She is well-versed in English, Korean, and Chinese.
- Song Yuqi enjoys pickled radish.
- She is a fan of American professional basketball player, LeBron James.
- In May 2021, she released her debut solo single album titled A Page.
- In August 2021, Yuqi appeared as a contestant in the music talent survival show Stage Boom.
- In 2021, she was appointed as the ambassador for the “International Day of the Deaf”.
- In February 2023, Song and Miyeon teamed up for a new song titled Sweet Dream, which was featured in the soundtrack for the Netflix romantic comedy series Love to Hate You.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Yuqi had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In November 2023, Yuqi, Alan Walker, and JVKE released a new song titled Fire.
Featured Image by Nine Stars / YouTube / CC BY 3.0