Thomas Wesley Pentz
DJ Diplodocus, Diplo
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
In 1997, he started going to University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.
Post that, he enrolled himself at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
DJ, record producer, rapper, songwriter
- Father – Thomas Pentz
- Mother – Barbara Jean (Cox)
- Siblings – Unknown
Diplo is attached with –
- The Windish Agency
- Echo Location Talent Agency
- TMWRK Management
- Sacks & Co. (Media Relations)
EDM (Electronic Dance Music)
Big Dada, Mad Decent, Hyatt Records, Atlantic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm (Approx)
86 kg or 190 pounds
Diplo dated –
- Maya Arulpragasam (2003-2008) – From 2003 to 2008, he was romantically linked to British-Sri Lankan rapper and singer, M.I.A. They are still very good friends.
- Kathryn Lockhart (2009-2014) – In 2009, he then started dating Kathryn Lockhart. They dated for several years until calling it quits in April 2014. Due to this pretty long relationship, the DJ has two sons, Lockett (b. 2010) and Lazer (b. 2014).
- Katy Perry (2014-2015) – In April 2014, he started dating famous pop singer, Katy Perry. The rumors appeared the next month that they had split. It was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. They finally split in March 2015.
- Francesca Farago – He had dated Canadian social media influencer, reality TV star, entrepreneur, fashion designer, model, and YouTuber Francesca Farago, on and off for several months, before she shot to fame via the Netflix reality show Too Hot to Handle. Francesca had even had his name tattooed inside her mouth.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Short hair
Diplo’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He has been featured in a commercial on Blackberry Torch 9800.
His religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
His EPs and albums such as Florida (2004), Guns Don’t Kill People… Lazers Do (2009), Skrillex and Diplo Present Jack Ü (2015), etc.
As a solo artist, Diplo released Florida (as his first official album) in 2004 via Big Dada label. the standard edition of the album consists of 11 singles.
As a part of music group Major Lazer, his debut album was Guns Don’t Kill People… Lazers Do released in June 2009 via Downtown Records. It was named as 10th best album of 2009 by Rhapsody (online music store).
As a one-half of the music duo Jack Ü, Diplo first released Skrillex and Diplo Present Jack Ü in February 2015 by OWSLA and Mad Decent. It consists of 9 singles and received overall positive reviews.
As an actor, his first performance was in a short musical video Malice N Wonderland released in 2010 where he played the role as Waiter #2.
His rather bigger role came in the next film Burning Man: Bable released in 2014 where he portrayed the role as Wesley Pentz.
Diplo’s workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Diplo Favorite Things
- Creative Person – Die Antwoord’s Ninja
- Music Producers – Sophie, Eprom, Calvin Harris, etc.
- Shoes – Mr. Hare
- Festival To Perform At – Mad Decent Block Party
- Food Spot (When he was at Temple University) – Sister Muhammad’s Kitchen
Source – Reddit AMA
- Diplo is the founder of the record label, Mad Decent.
- While growing up, he spent majority of his time in Miami and learnt Miami bass.
- He is like a big brother to New Zealand singer Lorde.
- Diplo is the co-founder of Heaps Decent, a not-for-profit organization.
- In Philadelphia, he has even taught students by working as a school teacher.
- Together with Skrillex, he founded a DJ duo called Jack Ü in 2013. The duo had already performed at Ultra Music Festival in Miami in 2014.
- His stage name “Diplo” has been derived from Diplodocus due to his great interest towards dinosaurs at a young age.
- Diplo is also a part of the music group, Major Lazer, which was created by him in 2008 with a British DJ, Switch. Now, Switch has left the group.
- He had his first kiss when he was in middle school. It was with a girl who was his enemy, but in order to hide themselves from police, they started kissing.
- Visit his official website @ diplo.com.
- Join Diplo on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, and MySpace.