|Dove Cameron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1996|
Dove Cameron is an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, and stage artist who gained popularity with her double role as Liv Rooney/Maddie Rooney in the Disney Channel comedy series Liv and Maddie. This role won her the Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series” in 2018. In addition to that, Dove Cameron has appeared in on-screen projects like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., R.L. Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls, Dumplin’, Barely Lethal, Malibu Country, Shameless, Descendants, The Mentalist, The Lodge, Under the Sea: A Descendants Story, and Austin & Ally.
Chloe Celeste Hosterman (via Twitter)
Dove Cameron, Dovelin, Dovey, Chlo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Cameron has attended Sakai Intermediate School and Burbank High School in Burbank, California.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Singer, Stage Artist
- Father – Philip Alan Hosterman (Jewelry Importer)
- Mother – Bonnie Wallace
- Siblings – Claire Hosterman (Older Sister)
- Others – Phillippe/Philippe Taylor Hosterman (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Alma Schwarz (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Gordon Wallace (Maternal Grandfather), June Morgan (Maternal Grandmother)
Dove has been signed to –
- Abrams Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- LBI Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Century City, California, United States
Walt Disney, Columbia Records, GDC Records, Disruptor Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dove Cameron has dated –
- Ryan McCartan (2013-2016) – On August 6, 2013, Dove Cameron started dating her Liv and Maddie love interest Ryan McCartan, who has portrayed Diggie on the show. It was confirmed by MTV. On April 14, 2016, the duo announced that they were engaged. They called off their engagement in October 2016.
- Thomas Doherty (2016-2020) – After splitting from Ryan, Dove secretly started dating her Descendants 2 co-star Thomas Doherty in late 2016. They made their relationship public in February 2017 during an interview with People. After dating for 4 years, the couple called it quits in October 2020.
- Alexander 23 (2021-Present) – Dove was seen kissing musician Alexander 23 in 2021 in her music video LazyBaby. They had met for the first time on the set of the music video and he was cast as Dove’s love interest in the video. They are rumored to be seeing each other after the video filming.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Austrian, German, French, English, Scottish, and Danish descent.
34-24-32 in or 86-61-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU) or 3.5 (UK)
Best Known For
- Playing the dual lead role as Liv Rooney and Maddie Rooney in the Disney Channel’s sitcom Liv and Maddie from 2013 to 2017
- She is also known for portraying Kayla Morgan in the 2014 Disney Channel original movie Cloud 9.
As a Singer
Dove has sung the song On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons on her show Liv and Maddie.
It was recorded by her and released as a single on August 27, 2013, by Disney.
In 2013, Cameron appeared in the TV movie Bits and Pieces for her role as Alanna.
As a voice artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Ella in the 2019 animated comedy film, The Angry Birds Movie 2.
First TV Show
Dove debuted with Showtime’s comedy-drama TV series Shameless for her role as Holly Herkimer. She appeared in a total of two episodes in season 2 in 2012.
As a voiceover artist, she made her TV show debut by voicing the character of Mal in the animated fantasy comedy series, Descendants: Wicked World, in 2015.
Dove Cameron Favorite Things
- Food – Coconut Rice
- Song – Moonlight Serenade (By Glenn Miller)
- Director – Tim Burton
- Season – Autumn
- Disneyland Ride – Space Mountain
Source – Twitter.com, Wikia.com
Dove Cameron Facts
- She states on her Twitter wall that she likes coconut rice, Tim Burton as well as “You” (the one who is watching her Twitter profile).
- Dove started acting at the age of eight in community theater.
- Dove Cameron is her stage name.
- She was born in Washington but relocated to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- Dove participated in National Championship Show Choir during her school time.
- She wears a heart necklace, which her sister had custom built.
- Her fans are called “Dovelies”.
- She has a cat named Fern.
- She considers her memory as semi-photographic. Hence, she is able to remember her lines and memorize other stuff easily.
- She had her first kiss when she was 17 years old with Luke Benward.
- Dove also visited India and France a lot while growing up due to her parents’ business as jewelry importers.
- She is fluent in French too apart from English.
- In December 2020, she released the music video of her song ‘We Belong’. The track was originally released in July 2020.
- Her stage credits include having been cast as Young Cosette in the Bainbridge Performing Arts (BPA) production of Les Misérables in 2007, as Mary in the BPA production of The Secret Garden in 2008, as Cher Horowitz in the Off-Broadway production of Clueless: The Musical from 2018 to 2019, and as Clara Johnson in the Southbank Centre production of The Light in the Piazza in 2019.