|Iris van Herpen Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|June 5, 1984
Iris van Herpen is a Dutch fashion designer who is renowned for creating splendid haute couture designs that bring together fashion and art in unimaginable ways. She has more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Iris van Herpen
Wamel, Gelderland, The Netherlands
Iris was a student at the ArtEZ University of the Arts located in Arnhem and graduated in 2006.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iris van Herpen has dated –
- Salvador Breed – As of 2021, Iris is in a romantic relationship with musician Salvador Breed.
Race / Ethnicity
However, she often dyes her hair in the shade of ‘Blonde’.
Iris van Herpen has endorsed or promoted brands such as –
- Amazon Conservation
- Rainforest Trust
Iris van Herpen Favorite Things
- Hobby – Skydiving
- Designing Technique – Morphogenesis
- Painting – The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch
Source – NumeroMag.nl
Iris van Herpen Facts
- She studied ballet until the age of 18. However, she gave it up in order to pursue her love of fashion designing.
- She honed her craftsmanship by interning with Alexander McQueen in London and textile designer Claudy Jongstra in Amsterdam.
- In 2012, Iris collaborated with American-Israeli architect Neri Oxman to create a 1st-of-its-kind fully flexible 3D printed dress. Additionally, her aforementioned creation was named as one of the ’50 Best Inventions of 2011′ by Time Magazine.
- Her futuristic designs have been worn by Hollywood A-list celebrities like Cate Blanchett, Lady Gaga, Cara Delevingne, Tilda Swinton, Gabrielle Union-Wade, Grimes (Claire Elise Boucher), etc.
- Her source of inspiration has been unlikely places like CERN (which is renowned worldwide for its nuclear research), the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and many others.
Featured Image by Christopher Macsurak / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0