Gabrielle Monique Union
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
She got educated at the University of Nebraska and later shifted to Cuesta College.
Gabrielle, then went on to pursue a degree in sociology from UCLA.
During her senior year at UCLA, she pursued an internship at the Judith Fontaine Modeling & Talent Agency.
- Father – Sylvester E. Union (Business Executive and Military Sergeant)
- Mother – Theresa ‘Glass’ (Manager at a Phone Company and Social Worker)
Gabrielle Union is signed to –
- Jeff Morrone Management
- United Talent Agency
- Management 360
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
126 pounds or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabrielle Union dated –
- Jason Kidd – Union dated basketball player Jason Kidd when she was in high school.
- Ludacris – Gabrielle and American rapper Ludacris dated for a while in the past.
- Chris Howard (1999–2006) – Union and NFL player, Chris Howard first met at a party in 1999. The couple tied the knot on May 5, 2001. Their marriage lasted for four years and they separated in October 2005. They got divorced in 2006 and Gabrielle confessed being in a wrong relationship.
- Darren Sharper (2006–2007) – Gabrielle was in a relationship with NFL player Darren Sharper for one year and called it quits in 2007.
- Dwyane Wade (2009–Present) – Union and basketball player, Dwyane Wade started dating her in 2009. They split in early 2013 and Wade went back to the former girlfriend. During this time, Dwyane’s then-girlfriend Aja Metoyer gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named, Xavier (born on November 10, 2013). Gabrielle and Wade reconciled in December 2013 and got engaged in the same month. They got married in Miami on August 30, 2014. They honeymooned in Maldives and Tanzania. Union is stepmother to Wade’s sons Zaire (born on February 4, 2002), and Zion (born on May 29, 2007), from his first marriage. Dwyane and Gabrielle welcomed their first child together, a daughter who was born via surrogacy on November 7, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled Cheeks
- Her enigmatic smile
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
In May 2014, she appeared in a Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions oil-free foaming cleanser TV commercial.
Gabrielle became the foremost celebrity ambassador for a nail care products brand, SensatioNail in 2014.
Best Known For
Playing a cheerleader in the 2000 movie Bring It On opposite Kirsten Dunst. She was also appreciated for her role of a doctor in the CBS TV series City of Angels in 2000.
She made her acting debut with the 1999 teen romantic comedy movie She’s All That where she played the role as Katarina “Katie” Darlingson.
Her first movie as a lead actress was the romantic comedy film Deliver Us from Eva (2003) where she appeared as Evangeline “Eva” Dandrige.
First TV Show
Gabrielle first appeared on television in 1993 in ABC’s sitcom Family Matters where she played the minor role as a mall girl in an episode titled “Scenes from a Mall.” Her role was uncredited.
Her next appearance was in 1995, and 1996 in NBC’s series Saved by the Bell: The New Class where she got to play the role as Hilary / Jennifer in 2 episodes.
She exercises in the presence of personal trainer Ahmad Baari. He makes her workout 90 minutes in a day, which mostly includes cardio and stretching exercises. She does kickboxing as well.
When she doesn’t get much time to go to a gym, Gabrielle exercises in her trailer or at home, where she tries to do a circuit (tries to complete that in 2 minutes) which includes 20 jumping jacks, running in a place for 30 seconds, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 15 curls and 15 squats. From where does she get her motivation to workout? Readout more from here.
Gabrielle Union Favorite Things
- Football Team – Nebraska Cornhuskers
- Music – Lil’ Kim, 50 Cent and Luther Vandross
- Food – Omaha Steaks, Cajun-style rib eyes: medium well with some stank seasoning
- Movie – Grease (1978)
- Dancer – Cha Cha
- Animal – Dog
- Book – The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Source – BostonHerald.com, Wikipedia.org
Gabrielle Union Facts
- Union admits to being “obsessed” with Janet Jackson.
- At 19, while she was working part-time at a Payless Store, Union faced assault and was raped. Later, the culprit was acquitted for 33 years. Ever since, she has been advocating rape assault survivors.
- Union and Oprah Winfrey are good friends. She said that she was able to come out of her sexual assault after watching the talk show of Winfrey.
- On June 2, 2012, Gabrielle took part in the Global Race for the Cure in Washington, D.C. This run was a tribute to her friend Kristen Martinez, who succumbed to breast cancer.
- On August 23, 2013, she launched a limited-edition 1963 March on Washington stamp, to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the march.
- She has a clothing line for plus-sized females called Love & Blessings that was launched in 2010.
- Union also launched a wine called Vanilla Puddin in March 2014.
- The Maxim magazine ranked her #52 among 100 Sexiest Women in 2002 and she was ranked at #81 in 103 Sexiest Women list by Stuff in 2003. In 2007, Maxim ranked her at #67 on Hot 100 list and at #73 on the Hot 100 list in 2008.
- She supported Barack Obama in his presidential campaign in 2008.
- Union is an ambassador for Cure’s Circle of Promise by Susan G. Komen.
- She is a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood’s breast health initiative.
- She launched the Women Are Watching campaign with other celebrities in 2012.
- In 2015, People’s Magazine included her in the World’s Most Beautiful List, alongside Sandra Bullock and others.