Martin Fitzgerald Lawrence
Frankfurt, Hesse, West Germany
Martin switched three schools which were Fairmont Heights High School, Eleanor Roosevelt High School, and Friendly High School.
He studied acting at Thomas G. Pullen School of Creative and Performing Arts.
Actor, Standup comedian, Writer, producer, director
- Father – John Lawrence (Police Officer)
- Mother – Chlora (nee Bailey) (Did many jobs to financially support the family)
- Siblings – Ursula Lawrence (Sister), Rae Proctor (Sister), Robert Lawrence (Brother)
Jeff Golenberg from Silver Lining Entertainment manages Martin’s career.
5 ft 7.5 in or 171 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Lawrence has dated –
- Lark Voorhies (1993-1994) – Martin and actress, singer and model, Lark Voorhies were engaged in 1993. But, Martin ended their relationship suddenly by quoting that he was engaged to someone else.
- Patricia Southall (1995-1997) – In 1995, Martin married former beauty queen, Patricia Southall. The couple has a daughter named, Jasmine Lawrence (b. January 15, 1996). However, the duo got divorced in 1997.
- Shamicka Gibbs (2010-2012) – Martin then met Shamicka and they got married in a grand affair on July 10, 2010, at Martin’s home in Beverly Hills. They have two children, daughters Iyanna Faith (b. November 9, 2000) and Amara Trinity (b. August 20, 2002). The couple, however, separated when Martin filed for divorce in 2012 due to irreconcilable differences and sought a joint custody of the kids.
- Roberta Moradfar (2017-Present) – Martin and aesthetics nurse practitioner Roberta Moradfar got engaged in March 2017. The news was confirmed by Roberta on her Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
He is African-American.
- His temperamental tendency to get on the wrong side of the law. For instance, carrying a loaded gun with him on different occasions. On one occasion, he got arrested for punching a man near a nightclub. He was once seen hurling abuses at passing cars. He also had a restraining order passed against him for threatening his ex-wife and her family.
- His very romantic personality wherein his proposals range from serenading his love interests and giving them the most expensive of engagement rings.
Martin has not endorsed any major brand.
Best Known For
- His role in the television show, Martin where he played a disk jockey. The show aired for 5 seasons between 1992-1997.
- His role in the film series House Party as Bilal. The movie was originally planned as a short film.
- His role in the movie series Big Momma’s House, as an FBI agent.
Martin’s first theatrical movie was Do the Right Thing, which is a comedy-drama of the year 1989.
First TV Show
His first TV show was the sitcom What’s Happening Now. The actor appeared in the third season of the show.
Martin’s fitness workout, diet, and trainer and not known.
Martin Lawrence Favorite Things
- Celebrity Guests He Would Like To Appear On His Show – Carol Burnett, Whoopi Goldberg
- Comedians – Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor
- Politician – Barack Obama
- Drink – Grape Juice
Source – BuzzFeed, ABCNews.Go.com
Martin Lawrence Facts
- Martin is the second youngest of all his siblings.
- Martin is a philanthropist and does charity for Marie Curie Cancer Cure and Micah’s Voice.
- In 2012, Martin put his Beverly Hills 13,900 square feet apartment for rent for a whopping $2,00,000 per month.
- He is God loving and believes that a man can fall down but he can also get back up.
- Martin was excellent at boxing during his teens. He was one of the choices for Golden Glove contenders in mid-Atlantic in the 90-pound section but, he got a broken eye and had to give up the idea to become a professional boxer.
- Martin Lawrence had a serious health issue once and slipped into a coma for which he was in the ICU where his body temperature was highly abnormal and he had problem breathing. He recovered in the hospital after 4 days.
- While seeking work as a standup comedian, Martin also worked side by side as a janitor in a departmental store to earn money.
- When Martin first appeared on the television in 1992, his show slot was right after The Simpsons, which was then the most successful show. This fact and rankings proved that Martin’s show was one of the five national shows viewed most by audiences between the young teenage years (in the age group of 12-17 years).
- His show is credited with inventing the catchphrase, Talk to the hand, which is a common phrase in our lingo now.
- On April 14, 2015, there was a strong rumor being circulated about Martin’s fake death. Even his “Rest in Peace” page was created on Facebook. Twitter was also abuzz about the death. The news was confirmed as false when the sensible ones checked and didn’t find any such news on American websites and in American papers.
- Join Martin on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Angela George / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0