|Grimes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1988|
Grimes is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, music video director, and visual artist who has released several albums, extended plays, and tracks like Art Angels, Geidi Primes, Visions, Miss Anthropocene, Halfaxa, Go (featuring Blood Diamonds), Flesh Without Blood, My Name Is Dark, We Appreciate Power (featuring Hana), and So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth. She also won the Musician of the Year 2016 award at the Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards.
Claire Elise Boucher
Grimes, c (the symbol for the speed of light)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Grimes attended Lord Byng Secondary School from where she later graduated.
Upon his graduation, Claire enrolled herself into McGill University where she studied neuroscience, philosophy, and the Russian language.
Because of her music career, Grimes started missing too many classes which eventually led to being expelled from McGill University.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Music Video Director, Visual Artist
- Father – He is an executive at a Biotechnology Company.
- Mother – Sandy Garossino (Crown Prosecutor and Editor-in-Chief of the Vancouver Observer, an online publication)
- Others – Jay Worthy (Step-Brother) (Musician)
Grimes has been signed with Coda Agency and William Morris Endeavor.
Synthpop, art pop, electronica, experimental pop, dream pop
Vocals, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, sampler, synthesizer
Arbutus, 4AD, Roc Nation
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Grimes has dated –
- James Brooks – She was romantically involved with Canadian-American electronic musician James Brooks in the past.
- Devon Welsh (2007-2010) – She went out with Devon Welsh, a singer and songwriter, between 2007 and 2010. The duo had an on-and-off relationship and first met at a first-year dorm party while studying at McGill University.
- Elon Musk (2018-Present) – On May 4, 2020, South African businessman Elon and Grimes had their first child together named, a son named, X Æ A-12 (which was later changed to X Æ A-Xii to comply with California laws as it did not allow numbers in the name). X Æ A-Xii is pronounced as “Ex Ash A Twelve”. Loona‘s Park Chae-won (also known as Go Won) is the child’s godmother.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Canadian, Ukrainian, Russian, Italian, and Métis ancestry.
She has naturally “Brown” hair. (via Vogue)
However, since the age of 10, she is dying them with different colors like ‘Blonde’, ‘Pink’, etc.
- Hairstyle and Dressing style
- Small Built
- Nose and Ears
29-23-32 in or 74-58.5-81 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
She has served as the face of Stella McCartney perfume POP.
She has also soundtracked an Expedia commercial.
Grimes is believed to be non-religious.
Best Known For
Her studio album Visions (2012) and for her singles Genesis and Oblivion. Also, Visions won the 2013 Juno Award for “Electronic Album of the Year”.
On January 10, 2010, Claire’s debut album was released by the name Geidi Primes via Arbutus label. The album has a running time of 31 minutes and 32 seconds with a total of 11 tracks included.
In 2012, Grimes appeared as Saint-Boniface in the short comedy movie Tabula Rasa.
First TV Show
In 2012, Grimes made a guest appearance in one episode of the musical talk show Later… With Jools Holland.
Claire Boucher’s workout routine is not known but her diet is vegan. She stays away from dairy and other animal-based products.
Grimes Favorite Things
- City – Los Angeles (L.A.)
- Drink – Vodka and water with pickle
- Color – Red / Purple
Source – Complex.com
- For 11 years, Grimes attended ballet classes.
- At the age of 18, she shifted to Montreal, Quebec.
- She began her music career while at college in 2007.
- In 2010, Grimes released a new album by the name Halfaxa.
- Her stage name “Grimes” came from MySpace where her tracks were listed in the Grime genre numerous times.
- She penned a deal with the 4AD label in January 2012.
- On January 31, 2012, Grimes released her third album Visions which included songs like Infinite ❤ Without Fulfillment, Circumambient, Oblivion, Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U), and Vowels = Space and Time.
- On December 17, 2013, Claire signed with the Roc Nation label.
- She generally makes the art for each one of her albums. Her work has been influenced by Japanese manga, and anime artists such as Daniel Clowes and Charles Burns.
- Some of her other influences include Michael Jackson, Queen, Mariah Carey, David Bowie, The Legend of Zelda, Kate Bush, Chris Isaak, Aphex Twin, Alicia Keys, Geinoh Yamashirogumi, Outkast, Panda Bear, Al Green, Billy Joel, Marilyn Manson, Kenji Kawai, k-pop, and medieval music.
- In 2014, Claire admitted to using drugs and alcohol which resulted in her losing a lot of friends.
- She and her step-brother Jay Worthy made the song “Christmas Song” together.
- In 2020, Grimes changed her stage name from “Grimes” to “c” in a reference to the speed of light.
- In January 2021, she revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In April 2021, she introduced her fans to her full-back tattoo which was done in white ink.