Elon Reeve Musk
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Bel Air, Los Angeles, California, United States
While in South Africa, Elon studied at private schools and attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School. He completed his high school education at Pretoria Boys High School.
In June 1989, Elon moved to Canada after obtaining Canadian citizenship through his Canadian-born mother. In Canada, Elon joined the Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, for undergraduate study.
After studying for 2 years at the university, Elon took a transfer in 1992, to the University of Pennsylvania. In May 1997, Elon graduated with 2 Bachelor’s degrees: a Bachelor of Science degree in physics from its College of Arts and Sciences, and a Bachelor of Science degree in economics from its Wharton School of Business.
After that, Elon moved to California in 1995 and decided to pursue a Ph.D. in applied physics and material science at the Stanford University. But, just after 2 days, he left the course to start his own company in the field of internet, renewable energy, and outer space.
Business Magnate, Engineer, Inventor, Investor, Producer
- Father – Errol Musk (Electromechanical engineer, Pilot, Sailor)
- Mother – Maye Musk (Model, Dietician)
- Siblings – Kimbal Musk (Younger Brother) (Restaurateur, Philanthropist), Tosca Musk (Younger Sister) (Filmmaker, Founder of Musk Entertainment)
- Others – Walter Henry James Musk (Paternal Grandfather), Cora Amelia Robinson (Paternal Grandmother), Joshua Norman Haldeman (Maternal Grandfather), Winnifred “Wyn” Josephine Fletcher (Maternal Grandmother)
Elon Musk has a team of experts working for him and handling his appointments and schedules.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Elon Musk has dated –
- Justine Wilson – Elon met Canadian author Justine Wilson at the Ontario’s Queen’s University in the early 1990’s. Their first date was an ice cream date in the study center at the University. After their graduation, they went their separate ways. But they kept contact and they married in January 2000. Unfortunately, their first son, Nevada Alexander Musk, died of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) just after 10 weeks from birth. Within the next 5 years, they managed to have 5 sons – twins (b. 2004) and triplets (b. 2006) through in-vitro fertilization. After their divorce in 2008, they have shared custody to their 5 sons.
- Talulah Riley (2008-2016) – Elon began dating English actress Talulah Riley in 2008. They were introduced by Whisky Mist’s promoter, which is London-based West End club, in Mayfair. After being out for dates several times, they got married in 2010. In January 2012, Elon and Talulah briefly divorced, only to remarry in July 2013. Their 2nd divorce was finalized in late 2016.
- Cameron Diaz (2013) – Elon started dating the American actress Cameron Diaz in March 2013. They dated for a few months and got separated in the same year.
- Amber Heard (2016-2017) – Elon had been interested in meeting the gorgeous actress Amber Heard since he ran into her during the shooting of the film Machete Kills in 2013. But, Amber was in a relationship with Johnny Depp back then. After filing for divorce from Johnny Depp, Amber and Elon were seen spending time with each other in 2016. They were first spotted in Miami, at the Delano South Beach in July 2016, where they were both staying. But just a year later, Amber split citing conflicting work schedules.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, French Huguenot, Afrikaner/Dutch, and German ancestry.
- Squared jawline
- Wide high forehead
Elon Musk hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He does not believe in God, but in destiny.
He neither prays nor worships any being.
Best Known For
- Being the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla Inc.; co-founder of SolarCity and Zip2; founder of X.com: which merged with Confinity and took the name PayPal; co-chairman of OpenAI; founder and CEO of Neuralink, and founder of The Boring Company.
- His resolve to change the world and humanity through sustainable energy production and consumption.
- Working on establishing a sustainable human colony and cheaper mode of travel to planet Mars.
- Envisioning a high-speed transportation system known as the Hyperloop.
In 2010, Elon made his theatrical film debut as himself in Iron Man 2.
First TV Show
In 2008, Elon made his first TV show appearance in the popular TV series 60 Minutes.
Elon is a workaholic. He works nearly 100 hours each week, and finding time to exercise can be really difficult for him. But, he manages to do a cardio workout on the treadmill and lifts weights, once or twice a week.
He does not follow any diet. Rather, he takes light lunch during meetings and he is not a breakfast person. He takes a lot of coffee and can be called a coffee addict.
Elon Musk Favorite Things
- James Bond Movie – Moonraker
- James Bond Actor – Roger Moore
- Food – French food, Barbecue
- Drink – Whiskey
- Teacher – His elementary school principal who taught math.
Source – Inverse.com, CBSNews
Elon Musk Facts
- As a child, he was an avid reader. He spent around 5 hours reading.
- He was bullied a lot in school because of his intelligence.
- During his student life at the University of Pennsylvania, Elon and his friend rented a 10-bedroom fraternity house and used it as an unofficial nightclub to earn extra money.
- Robert Downey Jr.‘s character Tony Stark in Iron Man was inspired by Elon’s real-life character in a much flamboyant way.
- He has a collection of mansions.
- In January 2018, Elon was listed as the 53rd richest person in the world by Forbes.
- He believes in the existence of artificial intelligence in the universe and has often spoken about its potential dangers.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Steve Jurvetson / Flickr / CC BY-2.0