|Stephen King Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1947|
Stephen King is an American author of horror, suspense, fantasy, and supernatural fiction novels. He’s well-known for his overall work and contributions in the filmmaking industry and his array of books have already sold more than 350 million copies, all of which have been adapted into feature films, TV series, comic books, and mini-series.
Stephen Edwin King
Portland, Maine, United States
He attended Durham Elementary School and graduated from Lisbon Falls High School in 1966. King then went to the University of Maine and completed a Bachelor of Arts in English in 1970.
- Father – Donald Edwin King (Merchant Seaman)
- Mother – Nellie Ruth
- Siblings – David King (Older Brother)
- Others – William Edwin Pollock (Paternal Grandfather), Helen A. Bowden (Paternal Grandmother), Guy Herbert Pillsbury (Maternal Grandfather), Nellie Weston/Western Fogg (Maternal Grandmother)
He self-manages himself.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen King has dated –
- Tabitha Spruce (1971-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Engish, Scottish-Irish, Northern Irish, Distant Scottish, Welsh, Dutch, French, and some German ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Tall Stature
- Thin Lips
He was raised Methodist but lost his belief while in high school.
Stephen King Favorite Things
- Books – The Golden Argosy, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Satanic Verses, McTeague, Lord of the Flies, Bleak House, Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Raj Quartet, Light in August, and Blood Meridian
Source – Wikipedia
Stephen King Facts
- He has been awarded the Bran Stroker Awards, World Fantasy Awards, British Fantasy Society Awards, the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters awarded by the National Book Foundation, the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement (2004), the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America (2007), and a National Medal of Arts from the United States National Endowment for the Arts for his contributions to literature.
- He has been described as the “King of Horror”.
- His father left him when he was only 2 years old.
- He sold his first professional short story titled The Glass Floor in 1967.
- King has written 2 novels with horror novelist Peter Straub, called Peter Straub: The Talisman (1984) and Black House (2001). He also had work collaborations with designer Barbara Kruger and with his sons Joe Hill and Owen King.
- He had collaborated with pop singer Michael Jackson to create Ghosts (1996), a 40-minute musical video.
- Richard Matheson is the author that influenced Stephen King most as a writer. Other acknowledged influences include Ray Bradbury, Joseph Payne Brennan, Elmore Leonard, John D. MacDonald, and Don Robertson.
- King and his works are well-praised by science fiction editors John Clute and Peter Nichols.
- King and his wife Tabitha own Zone Radio Corp, a radio station group consisting of WZON/620 AM, WKIT-FM/100.3 & WZLO/103.1.
- He tried directing and his first film was Maximum Overdrive, a 1986 American comedy-horror movie starring Emilio Estevez, Pat Hingle, Laura Harrington, and Yeardley Smith. He also made a cameo in the film as a man using a malfunctioning ATM.
- King produced and acted in the TV series Kingdom Hospital, a series based on the Danish miniseries Riget by Lars von Trier.
- In 2010, King appeared as a cleaner named Bachman on the hit FX series, Sons of Anarchy.
- The Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation, chaired by King and his wife ranks the 6th among the Maine charities in terms of annual giving with $2.8 million in grants per year. In November 2011, the foundation donated $70,000 in matched funding through his radio station to help pay the heating bills for families in need in his home town of Bangor, Maine, during winter.
Featured Image by Stephen King / Instagram