|Emilio Estevez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1962|
Emilio Estevez is a successful American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. He was renowned for being a member and a leader of the young group of actors termed as the ‘Brat Pack’ of the 1980s. Some of his notable roles include The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo’s Fire, The Outsiders, Repo Man, The Mighty Ducks, and its sequels, Stakeout, Another Stakeout, Maximum Overdrive, and Bobby. He has written and directed films like The Public, The Way, Bobby, Men at Work, and Wisdom. Emilio is the son of actor Martin Sheen and older brother of actor Charlie Sheen.
Staten Island, New York, United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Emilio Estevez studied at a public school in New York City and later transferred to a private academy. He graduated from Santa Monica High School in Malibu, California in 1980. After that, he took up acting lessons.
Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – Martin Sheen (legally Ramón Estévez) (Actor)
- Mother – Janet Sheen (Artist)
- Siblings – Ramon Estevez (Younger Brother) (Actor), Charlie Sheen (Younger Brother) (Actor), and Renée Estevez (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Cassandra Sheen (Niece), Sam Sheen (Nephew), Lola Rose Sheen (Niece), Joe Estevez (Uncle), Carmen Estevez (Aunt) (Teacher), Denise Richards (Former Sister-In-Law) (Actress), Francisco Estévez Martinez (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Anne Phelan (Paternal Grandmother), Lena/Lee Ann Helene/Helen Martin (Maternal Grandmother)
Emilio Estevez is managed by Wolf-Kasteler Public Relations, Public Relations Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Emilio Estevez has dated –
- Danielle Delaney – Emilio had a brief relationship with model Danielle Delaney in the past.
- Alisha Klass – Emilio had an encounter with p*rn-star Alisha Klass many years back.
- Samantha Phillips – Emilio was rumored to be dating actress Samantha Phillips in the past.
- Mimi Rogers (1981-1982) – In 1981, Emilio began a relationship with actress Mimi Rogers. Their relationship lasted for a year as they broke up in 1982.
- Diane Lane (1982) – In April 1982, Emilio was rumored to be dating actress Diane Lane.
- Carey Salley (1983-1986) – In 1983, Emilio started dating Wilhelmina model Carey Salley. The couple has 2 children together, a son named Taylor Levi Estevez (b. June 22, 1984), and a daughter named Paloma Rae Estevez (b. February 15, 1986). However, the pair broke up in December 1986.
- Demi Moore (1984-1987) – In October 1984, Emilio started dating actress Demi Moore. In early 1985, the couple got engaged. They have even appeared together on screen in Wisdom (1986). However, the couple separated in January 1987, breaking their 2 years engagement. They have managed to remain friends and had even shared an on-screen appearance as a feuding married couple in the film Bobby in 2006, with Demi’s husband at the time, Ashton Kutcher.
- Susanna Hoffs (1987) – In 1987, Emilio was in a brief relationship with singer Susanna Hoffs.
- Marla Hanson (1987-1989) – In November 1987, Emilio began dating screenwriter Marla Hanson. Their relationship lasted for almost 2 years as they broke up in 1989.
- Daphne Zuniga (1988) – In 1988, Emilio briefly dated actress Daphne Zuniga.
- Leslie Macdonald (1990-1991) – In July 1990, Emilio started dating Leslie Macdonald. Their relationship ended in September 1991.
- Paula Abdul (1991-1994) – In December 1991, Emilio began dating singer-choreographer Paula Abdul. The couple tied the knot on April 29, 1992. However, the couple’s marriage did not last long, and they settled for divorced on May 1, 1994, as Emilio did not want to have any more kids, while, Paula shared a different opinion to that.
- Julie Briggs (1996-1997) – In 1996, Emilio began dating Julie Briggs. They dated for almost a year before breaking up in 1997.
- Sonja Magdevski (2005-Present) – In 2005, Emilio started dating writer and winemaker Sonja Magdevski from Macedonia. The couple got engaged on September 5, 2006, and later got married in the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He is of Irish and Galician Spanish descent on his father’s side and English and Scottish descent on his mother’s side.
- Broad jawline
- Rounded chin
Emilio Estevez hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He stated that it’s a “work in progress”.
Best Known For
Being one of the original members of the acting Brat Pack of the 1980s, as he appeared in films including The Breakfast Club (1985) as Andrew Clark, St. Elmo’s Fire (1985) as Kirby “Kirbo” Keger, The Outsiders (1983) as Keith “Two-Bit” Mathews, Repo Man (1984) as Otto Maddox, Stakeout (1987) as Det. Bill Reimers, Maximum Overdrive (1986) as Bill Robinson, Bobby (2006) as Tim Fallon, and Young Guns (1988) as William H. ”Billy the Kid” Bonney
In 1973, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama film Badlands as the Boy Under Lamppost. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1982, he made his credited theatrical film debut in the drama film Tex as Johnny Collins.
In 2003, he made his feature film debut as a voice actor in the English version of the film The 3 Wise Men. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 2006, he made his credited theatrical film debut as a voice-over actor in the English version of the animated adventure film Arthur and the Invisibles as the Ferryman.
First TV Show
In 1980, he made his first TV show appearance on the drama series Insight as the man.
Emilio Estevez Favorite Things
- Comfort Food – Homegrown potatoes with fork mashed with flake salt
- City – Paris
- Place In The British Isles – Grosvenor House on Park Lane in London
- Drive – Highway 1 along the coast from Los Angeles to San Francisco
Emilio Estevez Facts
- He decided not to take up his father’s stage name ‘Sheen’ as he liked the assonance of the double ‘E’ initials in his name and did not want to get into film making as the son of ‘Martin Sheen’.
- He is an avid supporter Millwall F.C., a South-East London Football Club.
- Emilio is a fan of old farm tractors and old barns.
- In John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 37, Emilio was included as one of the “12 Promising New Actors” in 1985.
- As young teenage actors, he shared great friendships with Rob Lowe, Chad Lowe, Chris Penn, and Sean Penn as they wrote, acted, produced, and directed in home videos together.
- He served as one of the best men for his former girlfriend Mimi Rogers during her marriage to Tom Cruise.
- He is among the 9 original members of the 1980s “brat pack,” which also included Judd Nelson, Sean Penn, Anthony Michael Hall, Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, and Andrew McCarthy.
- Emilio almost went broke while writing the screenplay for Bobby (2006).
- While writing the script for Bobby (2006), Emilio experienced writer’s block and on his brother Charlie’s suggestion for change in surroundings, he drove about 150 miles north of Los Angeles and chose a motel randomly to spend the night where he came across a woman at the front desk, who was present in the ballroom the night Robert Kennedy was shot. This gave him the boost that he needed.
- Emilio has played the son of his real father Martin Sheen in films like The War at Home (1996) and The Way (2010).
- When he was a child, he and his younger brother, Charlie Sheen often fought and rarely got along together.
- He takes great pleasure in creating wine in his own vineyard.
- While working as an extra in Apocalypse Now (1979), he fell into quicksand and was saved by Laurence Fishburne who pulled him out.
- Emilio has starred with his brother Charlie Sheen in many films including Rated X (2000), Young Guns (1988), Badlands (1973), Loaded Weapon 1 (1993), Wisdom (1986), and Men At Work (1990).
- In 2017, he purchased a home in Cincinnati, Ohio after selling off his house in California.
- He confesses that he got most of his education from traveling and not from studying in school.
- As a child, he grew up under the influence of a strict Southern Baptist mother and a devout Catholic father which often resulted in arguments owing to different religious opinions and practices.
- One of his early childhood memories was at age 8 when his family relocated from New York City to Guaymas in Mexico due to his father’s work in the Mike Nichols film, Catch-22. At that time, his family experienced a total culture shock.
- One of his best holiday experiences was at The Galisteo Inn in New Mexico.
- For holiday reading, he enjoys a non-fiction book mostly based on the science of agriculture and viticulture.
- His greatest travel luxury is having his laundry done by the hotel that he’s staying at.
- According to him, the best hotel is The Hotel Cipriani in Venice.
- The best meal he has had abroad was at a restaurant called Casa Lucio in Madrid.
- He has written and directed numerous films including The Public (2018), The Way (2010), Bobby (2006), Men at Work (1990) and Wisdom (1986), among others.
- He has contributed as a producer for films including The Public (2018), The Way (2010), and The War at Home (1996).
- Emilio has appeared a couple of times in Bon Jovi‘s music video such as Say It Isn’t So (2000) along with Matt LeBlanc, Claudia Schiffer, and Arnold Schwarzenegger and Blaze of Glory.
- John Badham and Brian De Palma were 2 directors that influenced him in the trait while he was working as an actor in the films.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Gabriele / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0