|Daphne Zuniga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1962|
Daphne Zuniga is an American actress who is best known for her work in films such as The Initiation (1984), Modern Girls (1986), The Fly II (1989), Charlie’s Ghost Story (1994), and Enemies of Laughter (2000). She is also well-recognized for portraying characters such as Jo Reynolds in the prime-time TV soap opera Melrose Place (1992–1996), Lynn Kerr in the drama TV series Beautiful People (2005–2006), and Victoria Davis in the drama TV series One Tree Hill (2008–2012).
Daphne Eurydice Zuniga
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Daphne graduated from the Woodstock Union High School in Woodstock, Vermont, in 1980. After her high school graduation, she joined the University of California, Los Angeles, a public land-grant research university in Los Angeles, to study theater arts.
- Father – Joaquín Alberto Zúñiga Mazariegos (Former Professor of Philosophy at California State University, East Bay)
- Mother – Agnes A. Janawicz
- Siblings – Jennifer Zuniga (Younger Sister) (Actress), Rosario Zúñiga (Sister)
- Others – Joaquin Angel Zuñiga Samayoa (Paternal Grandfather), Piedad E. Mazariegos (Paternal Grandmother), Alfred Edwin Janawicz (Maternal Grandfather), Elvi Alice Fors (Maternal Grandmother)
Daphne Zuniga’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Daphne has dated –
- Jason Gedrick (1986)
- Emilio Estevez (1988)
- David Mleczko (2006-Present) – Daphne began dating businessman David Mleczko in 2006, after meeting him on a blind date. The couple got engaged in November 2018 and they got married in a private ceremony in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on June 8, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She is of Polish and Finnish descent on her mother’s side and Guatemalan (Spanish, some Italian, likely some Basque) descent on her father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Daphne Zuniga Facts
- Daphne had developed a keen interest in acting from a young age and in her early teens, she had attended the ‘Young Conservatory’ program of the American Conservatory Theater, a major nonprofit theater company in San Francisco.
- After her parents got divorced, she moved with her mother and sister from California to Reading, Vermont, where she spent the rest of her teenage years.
- After leaving the University of California, Los Angeles, Daphne was close friends and roommates with fellow future actress Meg Ryan.
- In 2004, she suffered from mercury poisoning. She had consumed sushi 4 times in the week before and had to be admitted to a hospital. Post the incident, she stopped consuming fish, in addition to other meat.
- She has actively supported several environmental campaigns and has cited her family’s camping trips to Yosemite National Park in California and Yellowstone National Park in the western part of the United States as memories that fueled her lifelong interest in the environment.
- In 2009, she was appointed by the mayor of Los Angeles to the board of directors of the Los Angeles River Revitalization Corporation, a non-profit corporation aimed at catalyzing sustainable development along the Los Angeles River.
- She has also worked with environmental advocacy groups like the Natural Resources Defense Council, the Waterkeeper Alliance, and Environment California.
- She often attends private Buddhist meditation retreats for stress management.
Featured Image by Daphne Zuniga / Instagram