|Martin Sheen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1940|
Martin Sheen is an American actor who is well-known for his roles in various films including The Subject Was Roses (1968), Badlands (1973), Apocalypse Now (1979), The West Wing (1999-2006), and Grace and Frankie, where he plays the role of Robert Hanson. Besides landing a successful career in acting, Sheen has also tried directing and has directed a film titled Cadence in 1990 in which he appeared alongside his sons Charlie and Ramón.
Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez
Dayton, Ohio, United States
He graduated from Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School. He took an entrance examination for the University of Dayton but he deliberately failed the test so he could be in pursuits of his career in acting.
- Father – Francisco Estévez Martínez (Factory Worker, Machinery Inspector)
- Mother – Mary-Ann (née Phelan)
- Siblings – He has 5 brothers.
- Others – Jose Manuel N. Estévez Fernandez (Paternal Grandfather), Dolores Martinez (Paternal Grandmother), Michael James Phelan (Maternal Grandfather), Anna/Anne Jane McGlin (Maternal Grandmother)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Sheen has dated –
- Janet Templeton (1961-Present) – Martin Sheen and Janet Templeton got married on December 23, 1961. The couple has 4 children – 3 sons named Emilio, Ramón, Carlos, and a daughter named Renée.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He has Galician Spanish ancestry on his father’s side and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Small Lips
- Thick Eyebrows
Martin Sheen has done endorsement works for brands and companies such as –
- Toyota Automobiles
- Visa Check Card
- Maxwell House Coffee
- Polaroid Cameras
- American Express
- Midas Automotive Service Centers
- Centrum Silver Multivitamins
Martin Sheen Facts
- He was born and raised in the United States by his immigrant parents.
- He adopted the stage name Martin Sheen in honor of a Catholic archbishop named Fulton J. Sheen.
- His children are all actors.
- In the 1980s, he had narrated, produced, and directed documentary television, earning 2 Daytime Emmy awards.
- He has been active in liberal politics.
- His mother died when he was only 11 years old.
- He was drawn to acting at a young age but his father wasn’t supportive of his interest. Amidst this downside, he was persistent and decided to borrow money from a Catholic priest and moved to New York City in his early 20s in the hopes of landing a career in acting.
- He was greatly influenced by actor James Dean.
- Sheen developed a theatre company with other actors in the hopes that his production would earn him recognition.
- In the 1960s and early 1970s, it was the time when he worked really hard to develop and hone his acting skills by guest-starring on numerous hit TV series including Insight (1960s-1980s), My Three Sons (1964), Flipper (1967), The F.B.I. (1968), Mission: Impossible (1969), Hawaii Five-O (1970), Dan August (1971), The Rookies (1973), Columbo (1973), and The Streets of San Francisco (1973).
- He’s known for his outspoken support of liberal political causes.
- Sheen became a grandfather at the age of 43 when Emilio had a son with his girlfriend, Carey Salley. He has a total of 10 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild.
Featured Image by Pruneau / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0