|Ally Sheedy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ally Sheedy is an American actress and author who rose to fame as one of the Brat Pack group of actors in the movies The Breakfast Club (1985) and St. Elmo’s Fire (1985). She has also been featured in many other films like the comedy science fiction Short Circuit (1986) and the Canadian-American independent movie High Art (1998), her phenomenal performance in the latter having earned her the Independent Spirit Awards in 1999 for “Best Female Lead”. Ally has starred in various TV shows as well, like Kyle XY (2008–2009) in which she essayed the role of Sarah. Sheedy has penned a number of books including the best-seller She Was Nice to Mice (1974), having written it at the age of just 12.
Alexandra Elizabeth Sheedy
New York City, New York, United States
She went to the Bank Street School for Children, followed by Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School in New York City, having graduated in 1980.
When she was 18 years old, she shifted to Los Angeles in California and started taking lessons at the Drama department of the University of Southern California. She simultaneously kickstarted her acting career and intermittently finished 3 years’ worth of courses toward a BFA degree in Acting.
- Father – John J. Sheedy Jr. (Manhattan Advertising Executive)
- Mother – Charlotte née Baum (Writer & Press Agent)
- Siblings – Patrick (Brother), Meghan (Sister)
She has been represented by Innovative Artists N.Y.
Her net worth was $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Eric Stoltz (1980-1983)
- Richie Sambora – She had a brief relationship with guitarist Richie Sambora in the 1980s.
- Alec Baldwin – She went out with Alec in the late 1980s.
- Woody Harrelson (1989)
- David Lansbury (1992-2009) – On April 12, 1992, Sheedy tied the knot with actor David Lansbury. They have a son named Beckett (b. 1994). In 2008, they had filed for divorce which was finalized in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish and German descent on her father’s side of the family and of Russian and Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
- Cheerful smile
She has appeared in commercials for numerous brands such as Pizza Hut (1982).
Ally Sheedy Favorite Things
- Activity – Writing, having regarded it as the most important means to express her feelings and thoughts, and having written whenever she has felt over-emotional following it up with rereading the feelings repeatedly and also having fixed her sad moods by reading something she had penned down earlier in a happy state
Source – IMDb
Ally Sheedy Facts
- She began dancing with the American Ballet Theatre when she was 6 years old having thought of making it a full-time career. However, she gave it up in favor of acting full-time, after which she started studying acting with acting teacher Harold Guskin.
- Sheedy had begun to write as she used to tell stories to the kids living in her locality and when she was 6 years old, she started writing them down. She has enjoyed penning down poetry and plays, as well.
- Her 2nd book, Yesterday I Saw the Sun that got published in 1991, is a collection of her poems that had been written from her childhood to adulthood.
- Ally turned vegetarian when she was 12 years old.
- She has owned a rescued, bluish-gray male greyhound, named Sky.
Featured Image by Ally Sheedy / Instagram