|Woody Harrelson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1961|
Woody Harrelson is an American actor and playwright who is best known for portraying roles such as Woody Boyd in Cheers, Marty Hart in True Detective, Larry Flynt in The People vs. Larry Flynt, Galaxia / Security Gary in Anger Management, Haymitch Abernathy in The Hunger Games, Merritt McKinney in Now You See Me, and Sheriff Bill Willoughby in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Edge of Seventeen, War for the Planet of the Apes, Lost in London, Venom, Solo: A Star Wars Story, The Freak Brothers, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Money Train, White Men Can’t Jump, After the Sunset, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like The Night of the Iguana and The Boys Next Door. For his acting skills, Woody has been honored with numerous awards such as the American Comedy Award, Primetime Emmy Award, MTV Movie Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Woodrow Tracy Harrelson
Midland, Texas, U.S.
He did his primary schooling at the Lebanon High School in Ohio.
Woody pursued his higher education at the Hanover College in Hanover, Indiana where he completed his Bachelor of Arts in theater and English in 1983.
Actor, activist, film director, playwright
- Father – Charles Harrelson (Hitman)
- Mother – Diane Lou Oswald
- Siblings – Brett Harrelson (Younger Brother) (Actor), Jordan Harrelson (Brother)
- Others – Voyde Harrelson (Grandfather), Alma Harrelson (Grandmother)
Woody’s career is managed by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
83 kg or 183 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Woody Harrelson dated –
- Nancy Erminia – Woody Harrelson was RUMORed to have dated model Nancy Erminia.
- Moon Unit Zappa – The actor had a short romantic stint with actress Moon Unit Zappa.
- Brooke Shields – Woody Harrelson was RUMORed to be dating actress Brooke Shields. She is about 2.5 inches taller than Woody.
- Penelope Ann Miller (1985) – Woody and actress Miller worked together and were alleged to be dating for a short while. Penelope said that Woody was her first real love.
- Nancy Simon (1985) – Harrelson and renowned playwright Neil Simon’s daughter Nancy Simon tied the knot in Tijuana in 1985. They separated after just ten months of being married.
- Carol Kane (1986) – Woody Harrelson was RUMORed to have been in a relationship with actress Carol Kane in 1986.
- Ally Sheedy (1989) – Woody Harrelson was alleged to have a short fling with actress Ally Sheedy in 1989.
- Glenn Close (1991) – Glenn Close and Woody Harrelson were RUMORed to have been a couple in the summer of 1991. Glenn is about 14 and a half years older than Woody.
- Laura Louie (1987-Present) – Woody first met Laura on the sets of Cheers and they started dating in 1987. The two got married on December 28, 2008. The couple has three daughters named Deni (born. 1993), Zoe (born. 1996), and Makani (born. 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
His ancestry includes English, Scottish, German, and distant Dutch and Welsh.
10 (US) or 43 (EU)
He has done several TV commercials for HBO Now. The first was a TV spot featuring Try Me Out song by Broncho followed by Free Week TV commercial for HBO on XFINITY and another featuring A New Way to get HBO song by Elle King.
Apart from these, he has been seen in a commercial on Miller Lite and others.
Best Known For
He is best known to play the character of basketball hustler Billy Hoyle in White Men Can’t Jump (1992), one-handed bowler Roy Munson in Kingpin (1996), Haymitch Abernathy in The Hunger Games (2012-2015) film series, and Tallahassee in Zombieland (2009).
He is also known for playing Woody Boyd in the sitcom Cheers from 1985 to 1993.
His first movie was Wildcats (1986), a football comedy in which he portrayed the role of Krushinski.
First TV Show
His first TV show was NBC sitcom Cheers in which he played the role as Woody Boyd in 200 episodes from 1985 to 1993.
First Stage Performance
His first stage performance was in 1985 in Biloxi Blues in which he played the roles as Joseph Wykowski and Roy Selridge at the Neil Simon Theatre.
He does not have a personal trainer but he hits the gym to maintain fitness. He is a vegan which contributes to his fitness.
Woody Harrelson Favorite Things
- Actor – Bill Murray
- Food – Vegan
- Weed – Bubblegum
Source – IMDb.com, Vice.com
Woody Harrelson Facts
Woody only eats raw and dried foods. He avoids dairy products, sugar, and flour.
He is a musician too who moonlighted in Manly Moondog and the Three Kool Hats bands as the lead singer.
- While in high school, Woody used to work at Kings Island amusement park as a woodcarver.
- His father got two life sentences for murdering Federal Judge John Howland Wood for which he was paid $250,000 by drug dealer Jimmy Chagra.
- When he was young, he was a sex addict.
He once switched 17 jobs in a year.
He was among the 50 Most Beautiful People list of People Magazine in the past.
He is a supporter of marijuana legalization.
- Harrelson has played twice in the charity football tournaments titled Soccer Aid that Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes had founded.
- He is a board of director of the art school Ex’pression Center For New Media, Emeryville, California.
- Darius Rucker, Mark Bryan, Dean Felber and Jim ‘Soni’ Sonefeld from Hootie & the Blowfish band dedicated a song to friend Woody in 2003.
- He owns the oxygen bar based in West Hollywood, California.
- He has a house in Hana Maui, Hawaii. He plays poker with his neighbors Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson whenever he visits.
- He is good friends with the Red Hot Chili Peppers band members and also Owen Wilson, Michael J. Fox, and Wesley Snipes.
- He co-owns the boutique organic hotel Inn at the Black Olive in Baltimore, Maryland.
- He does smoke.