Diane Colleen Lane
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Diane Lane got enrolled at the Hunter College High School at the age of 12. She got re-registered in high school in 1981 after taking a break in her studies, which was partly caused by her acting career. Prior to getting enrolled in high school, she had taken correspondence courses.
- Father – Burton Eugene Lane (Cab driver, a drama coach who operated acting workshops with John Cassavetes, and served as a professor of humanities at the City College.) (Died 2002)
- Mother – Colleen Leigh Farrington (Playboy model and nightclub singer)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Other – Carra Lathrop Lane (Paternal Grandfather), Nannie Mae Crawford (Paternal Grandmother), Leo Farrington (Maternal Grandfather), Violet Eleanor Biggs (Maternal Grandmother)
Diane Lane is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diane Lane has dated
- Roger Wilson – Diane Lane was rumored to be dating actor Roger Wilson in the early nineties. Their relationship became known when his former girlfriend Christy Turlington talked about them in her interview in 1992.
- John Taylor – Diane had a short-lived affair with bass guitarist John Taylor, who is also the founder of the music band, Duran Duran.
- Christopher Atkins – Diane reportedly dated actor Christopher Atkins when she was in her late teens. She even ran away from her father with Christopher to claim her independence. Before they started going out, Atkins was her good friend.
- Timothy Hutton (1980-1984) – Lane began dating actor Timothy Hutton in 1980. They dated for about four years before parting ways in the spring of 1984.
- Emilio Estevez (1982) – Diane was linked to actor Emilio Estevez in 1982. They had allegedly grown close during the shooting of the movie, The Outsiders.
- Jon Bon Jovi – Lane went out with rock star Jon Bon Jovi in the eighties. She was 20 years old at the time and they dated for about five months. In her May 2017 Watch What Happens Live appearance, she termed her fling with Bon Jovi as a wonderful experience.
- Richie Sambora (1985) – Bon Jovi’s former tour manager Rich Bozzett claimed in his book, Sex, Drugs And Bon Jovi that Diane and Jon Bon Jovi’s relationship came to an end due to her growing closeness with his bandmate Richie Sambora.
- Christopher Lambert (1984 and 1986-1994) – Diane first had a brief affair with Christopher Lambert in 1984. They had met in Paris while she was promoting her movie, The Cotton Club. However, after dating for a brief period, they decided to split up. About two years later, they met again while shooting for the movie Priceless Beauty in Rome. In two weeks time, they had gotten back together and the couple got married in Santa Fe in October 1988. In September 1993, she gave birth to their daughter, Eleanor Lambert. However, their marriage didn’t last long since the birth of their daughter as they got officially divorced in 1994 after having been separated for a long time.
- Danny Cannon (1994-1995) – Diane hooked up with director Danny Cannon in 1994 after having grown close while working on the movie, Judge Dredd. They went out for about a year.
- Josh Brolin (2001-2013) – Diane began a relationship with actor Josh Brolin after meeting him at the premiere of A Beautiful Mind in December 2001. In July 2003, the two got engaged and about a year later, in August 2004, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony. Soon after in December 2004, she called the police to their house following an altercation with him. He was taken into custody on the account of domestic battery. However, she declined to press charges and their spokesperson dismissed the entire incident by calling it a misunderstanding. They eventually filed for divorce in February 2013 and, it was finalized in December of that year.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and Scots-Irish (Northern Irish) ancestry.
- Defined jawline
- Broad and beautiful smile
36-28-36 in or 91.5-71-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Diane Lane has had an endorsement work for the following brands
- Neutrogena (2007)
- Naeutrogena (2008) (Canada)
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair (2012)
Best Known For
- Her performance in the erotic thriller movie, Unfaithful, which helped her bag a Golden Globe as well as an Academy Award nomination.
- Being cast in the role of Martha Kent in the superhero movie, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
In 1979, she made her theatrical film debut playing one of the leading roles of Lauren King in the romantic comedy movie, A Little Romance. She was 13 years old at the time.
First TV Show
In 1981, Diane made her first TV show appearance in the Summer episode of the PBS TV series, Great Performances as Charity Royall.
Diane Lane relies on yoga to keep her youthful looks intact in spite of the advancing age. Also, she doesn’t like to fuss about her diet. She usually eats what she wants but ensures that she is eating in moderation.
Diane Lane Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Armani Crema Nera moisturizer, Power Fabric foundation, and Rouge Ecstasy lipstick
- Acting Influences – Jane Fonda, Jessica Lange, Shirley MacLaine, and Susan Sarandon
Diane Lane Facts
- When Eleanor Coppola first approached her with the movie Paris Can Wait, she turned it down because she was dealing with a lot in the form of her divorce and her mother’s death. Coppola approached her again two years later in 2015 and she agreed to star in the romantic comedy.
- In August 1979, she managed to find a place on the cover of the famous Time Magazine. She was merely 14 years old at the time.
- In her teens, she pursued modeling for a brief period of time. Eileen Ford, who was the co-founder of the iconic Ford Models, rejected her on the basis of her neck being “too short”.
- In September 2001, two of her movies – The Glass House and Hardball opened in theatres across the United States. By the end of the weekend, both movies occupied the top two spots on the box office charts.
- She had auditioned for the role of Avery Bishop in Jerry Maguire. However, the role went to Kelly Preston. She was also under consideration for the role of Ana in Dawn of the Dead.
- According to an incident in 1980, she was hit in the eye with a tennis ball. As a result of the impact of the ball, she suffers from permanent pupil dilation.
- She was almost cast in the female lead role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Women. She had even gone in for costume fittings but had to back out of the project due to a schedule conflict.
- At the age of 15, she left her father’s home, as an act of teenage rebellion, and flew to Los Angeles with her friend Christopher Atkins, who was also an actor.
- In her teens, she was kidnapped by her mother, who took her to Georgia. Lane and her father battled her mother in court and about six weeks later, she was back in New York City.
- Her first theatrical influence was her grandmother, Eleanor Scott’s sermons, who was a Pentecostal preacher of the Apostolic church.
- She started her professional acting journey from the age of 6 at the New York City-based La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club, where she performed in a production of Medea.
- After the commercial and critical failure of The Cotton Club, she suspended her acting career and moved to Georgia to live with her mother and repair their relationship. She returned to the movie industry about three years later with Lady Beware and The Big Town.
- She has done a lot of activism work for Heifer International, which aims to fight world hunger. She has claimed in her interviews that working with Heifer has had a positive impact on her relationship with her daughter.
- In 2015, she was placed on the #45 spot by AskMen.com in their Top 99 Most Desirable Women list. The following year, she was placed on the 85th rank.
- She is not on social media.
Featured Image by Siebbi / ipernity / CC BY 3.0