|Wesley Snipes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1962|
Wesley Snipes is an American actor who started his acting career in 1986 by appearing in the film Wildcats. Since that time, he has appeared in many films like Mo’ Better Blues (1990), Blade film trilogy (1998–2004), etc. He is also a trained martial artist and has 2nd dan black belt in Hapkido. His house was also ruined during the 9/11 attacks when the Twin Towers of World Trade Center fell.
Wesley Trent Snipes
Orlando, Florida, United States
He has a home in California and in New Jersey.
Wesley studied at many places. He studied at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, New York. But, for some reason, he discontinued the course and moved back to his birthplace, Florida.
Later, in 1985, he graduated with a Bachelor degree in Fine Arts from Jones High School in Orlando. Wesley then decided to move to New York to attend the State University of New York at Purchase. After which he moved again to join a college in Los Angeles, California called Southwest College.
Actor, film producer, martial artist, and author
- Father – Wesley Rudolph Snipes (Aircraft Engineer)
- Mother – Marian LongSnipes (Teacher’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Unknown
Wesley Snipes is managed by
- Bradie Steinlauf, Talent Agent, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Anthony Hillsberg, Talent Agent Commercial, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- William Lowery, Talent Agent Literary, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Monica Wood, Publicist, MW PR, Huntersville, North Carolina, USA
- Talent Agent Personal Appearance, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), Beverly Hills, California, USA
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wesley Snipes has dated –
- April Dubois – Wesley and April Dubois were college sweethearts. They had married in 1985 and split in 1990. The reason for their divorce is not clear. They had a son named Jelani Asar Snipes, born in 1988.
- Halle Berry (August 1989-February 1990) – Actors Wesley and Halle Berry dated briefly from late 1989 to early 1990. They started dating after working together in Spike Lee’s “Jungle Fever”. Their relationship ended with a sour taste as Wesley was blamed for physically abusing the actress. Halle remained mum on the topic.
- Jada Koren Pinkett (1991-1993) – Actors Wesley and Jada Koren Pinkett dated briefly in the beginning of 1990’s. As a couple, they made a formal public appearance at the 21st Annual AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards honoring Liz Taylor in 1993.
- Jennifer Lopez (November 1994-March 1995) – Wesley and singer-actress, Jennifer Lopez dated briefly in late 1994 and early 1995. They had a romantic scene in the film Money Train where they were cast together.
- Donna Wong (1996-1998) – Wesley Snipes had a relationship with Donna Wong. Donna is a restaurateur and an American model famous for her appearance in Blade (1998). They had a joint venture of a restaurant in West Hollywood called China One.
- Sanaa Lathan (2000) – Wesley had an encounter with actress Sanaa Lathan. Sanaa is an actress from New York, who starred opposite Wesley in the film Disappearing Acts in 2000.
- Pilar Sanders (2011) – Wesley had an affair with actress Pilar Sanders in 2011. During their brief affair, both were already married to their respective partners. Due to this affair, Pilar’s marriage ended in a divorce from her then-husband Deion Sanders.
- Nakyung Park (2000-Present) – Wesley and South Korean painter and actress, Nakyung Park dated for three years before getting married. They began their relationship in 2000 and got married on March 17, 2003. They have been blessed with 4 children Iset Jua-T Snipes (b. 2001), Alaafia Jehu-T Snipes (b. 2004), Alimayu Moa-T Snipes (b. 2007), and Akhenaten Kihwa-T Snipes.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong facial structure with high well-defined cheekbones
- Wears a short to shaved hairstyle
- Has big eyes and keeps a thin drooping mustache
- Possesses a well toned muscular body
Wesley Snipes has been featured in many brand endorsement projects such as –
- 1987 Western Union commercial
- 1986 Levi’s commercial
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge TV commercial ‘Canoe’, also featuring Lil Wayne.
He was raised a Christian.
In 1978, he converted to Muslim (Islam religion), with the desire to connect with the African people and feel their accomplishments along with achieving his self-worth and self-dignity. But, in 1988, he left Islam religion.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in films such in Mo’ Better Blues (1990), New Jack City (1991), White Men Can’t Jump (1992), Demolition Man (1993), Blade film trilogy (1998–2004) and The Expendables 3 (2014), among others.
- His production company, Amen-Ra Films, a subsidiary of Black Dot Media, formed in 1991 to further assist in the development of more film and television projects.
- His fighting skills in various disciplines including martial arts, kung fu, jiu-jitsu, and kickboxing. His has achieved the 5th-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate, 2nd-degree black belt in Hapkido, 9th degree in the Kushindaryu and Karate, 5th degree in Sanuces Ryu Jujutsu, and 9th degree in Weaponry.
In 1986, Wesley made his theatrical film debut as one of the high school football students Trumaine in the film Wildcats.
First TV Show
In 1986, he made his first TV show appearance in the action crime drama series Miami Vice as Silk which was aired on NBC.
Wesley is recognized for his amazing body. He has an amazing lean muscular physique. He works out 4-6 days a week. His workout plan includes weight training, calisthenics, Pilates, cardio, stretching exercises, kickboxing, yoga, and martial arts.
Calisthenics helps increase the flexibility of body while strengthening it. To increase the body mass, the actor trains with a lot of weight training and volume. Wesley is a badass martial artist and he incorporates it into the training system.
As for his diet, he maintains a clean diet with daily protein intake.
Wesley Snipes Favorite Things
There are no updates on Wesley’s favorite things.
Wesley Snipes Facts
- Wesley was raised in The Bronx, New York.
- At 12, Wesley commenced training in martial arts.
- He served a three-year sentence for evading tax payment at a federal prison in Pennsylvania from June 2011 to July 2013.
- His apartment in New York was destroyed during the September 11 attacks when the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers collapsed.
- On July 25, 2017, his book titled “Talon of God” co-written with Ray Norman was released by Harper Collins publication.
- Wesley has appeared in Michael Jackson‘s music video “Bad”.
- On August 21, 1998, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Wesley Snipes / Instagram